Description of site

Welcome with open arms fellow believers who don't see things the way you do.
And don't jump all over them every time they do or say something you don't agree with
- even when it seems that they are strong on opinions but weak in the faith department.
Remember, they have their own history to deal with. Treat them gently. Romans 14.1: The Message

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#242053 - 05/09/09 10:06 PM Re: The Paternity Test of Danny Shelton [Re: pkrause]
Gregory Matthews Offline

Loc: Colorado, USA
O.K. Sometimes saying a little produces more speculation than either saying nothing or a lot.

I will attempt to give a brief and fair summation in a few words as to what has gone on with the parentage test:

1) Danny presented himself, his wife and a child for the DNA test, which took place.

2) The phyician who conducted the testing has posted a description of the test proceedures that raise considerable questions in regard to who the child was that was presented to be tested.

3) Those who are thought to be defenders of 3-ABN and Danny, have responded with substantial rubbutals to the issues raised by the physician who conducted the test. The have also attacked that physician in regard to some important issues on another subject that raise some substantial questions in regard to that MD.

4) My opinion:
a) It is clear to me that Danny and the MD did not have a common understanding of certain aspects of the test proceedures. That should have been more clearly spelled out.
b) Danny made a mistake in judgement in that he attempted to repreesent himelf so to speak. He should have had one of his lawyerss handle the arrangemesnts for his side of the agreement. That would have gone a long way to prevent misunderstanding.

Sponsors
#243930 - 05/17/09 12:38 PM Re: The Paternity Test of Danny Shelton [Re: Gregory Matthews]
timewarp Offline

Wow... the post from today disappeared pretty quickly

#243932 - 05/17/09 12:41 PM Re: The Paternity Test of Danny Shelton [Re: timewarp]
Stan Jensen Online   thumbupA1
Very Adventist

Loc: Adventistan
I will explain more when I am not using my iPhone
The Lord bless you and keep you: The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you: The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26

#243933 - 05/17/09 12:42 PM Re: The Paternity Test of Danny Shelton [Re: timewarp]
Woody Offline
Swiss n Swedish American

Loc: A citizen of Heaven
You mean the one from Daryl ?

#243949 - 05/17/09 01:26 PM Re: The Paternity Test of Danny Shelton [Re: timewarp]
Derrell M Offline
Broke the 400 mark

Loc: Loma Linda
Originally Posted By: timewarp
Wow... the post from today disappeared pretty quickly

Good!

#243969 - 05/17/09 02:42 PM Re: The Paternity Test of Danny Shelton [Re: Derrell M]
Very Adventist

There are links to private information there. Pictures of a child and other very personal information.

My expectation of this event was not even close to being met and am very disappointed with the spin given to this response.

The simple ness of this is
a- they took the mothers DNA
b- they took the Child's DNA
c- they took her husbands DNA

Almost everything else was spin.. marginalizing the real event to focus on trivial.

To me, in my opinion, this was more about every woman who feels they were mistreated by their X then it was about the person involved.

Am almost expecting someone to day he was able to bring back her deceased twin for a substitute.

There is so much hate folks are not able to think straight.

I still appreciate DM comment in the beginning about keep that side of the family out of it.
The Lord bless you and keep you: The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you: The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26

#243980 - 05/17/09 03:14 PM Re: The Paternity Test of Danny Shelton [Re: Stan Jensen]
timewarp Offline

Originally Posted By: Stan

I'm not into this issue enough to take sides. However, the Dr's claim was that the child's ID was not established according to the parameters agreed to by the parties involved. True?

#244001 - 05/17/09 04:02 PM Re: The Paternity Test of Danny Shelton [Re: timewarp]
Very Adventist

think about this.they have the mothers DNA and the childs. There should be SOMEWAY of testing that.

There is more than one type of testing

The results should have been 3-4 days

As a communication person I am wondering if they ate going to do spin. Or just make a short statement.

Everyone needs to raise the bar

#244004 - 05/17/09 04:10 PM Re: The Paternity Test of Danny Shelton [Re: Stan Jensen]
timewarp Offline

Originally Posted By: Stan Jensen
think about this.they have the mothers DNA and the childs. There should be SOMEWAY of testing that.

There is more than one type of testing

The results should have been 3-4 days

As a communication person I am wondering if they ate going to do spin. Or just make a short statement.

Everyone needs to raise the bar

No argument. It's just that today I read the text on the link provided (for a short time) and there is definitely 2 opposing sides to this issue. Up to today, I didn't know what the big deal was. I do think that, spin or no spin, one side seems to be reneging on their part of the agreement.

#244084 - 05/17/09 07:12 PM Re: The Paternity Test of Danny Shelton [Re: Stan Jensen]
oldsailor29 Offline

Loc: Lancaster, MA
Originally Posted By: Stan Jensen

Just the facts man. Prevent speculation by making it clear.

Who is referred to above as "the mother?"
Who is referred to as "the child?"
Who is referred to as "her husband?"

#244189 - 05/17/09 10:06 PM Re: The Paternity Test of Danny Shelton [Re: oldsailor29]
Derrell M Offline
Broke the 400 mark

In my opinion the fact that this test and all of its accompanying pictures, documents and speculation has been turned into a public circus is despicable. There is a child at the center of this, and no matter what a person's views and issues are regarding the adults, it is inexcusable to make a public spectacle out of the question of a child's parentage, or even to discuss a child in the context of scandal, as has been done. Private tests are fine, but there is no justification for bringing children into public humiliation and scandal.

Edited by Friend (05/17/09 10:09 PM)

#244192 - 05/17/09 10:14 PM Re: The Paternity Test of Danny Shelton [Re: Derrell M]
Very Adventist

amen!!!!!

#244211 - 05/17/09 11:14 PM Re: The Paternity Test of Danny Shelton [Re: Stan Jensen]
timewarp Offline

I don't watch 3ABN all that often but I know a bunch of people that do. I am not so sure they would want to just let Danny slide if he did something pretty heinous. These people really loved and now miss Linda (the ones I have talked to think she got the short end of the stick, this was even before this DNA thing).

I will just keep watching the kids singing and playing instruments when I get a chance. They are a hoot.

#244218 - 05/17/09 11:39 PM Re: The Paternity Test of Danny Shelton [Re: timewarp]
Derrell M Offline
Broke the 400 mark

Maybe he did do something heinous and she probably did get the short end of the stick. Adults have a resposibility to suck it up and protect kids from public humiliation and discussion even if it means sacrificing their own pride.

Enjoy watching. Yes, they are a hoot... lol.

#244239 - 05/18/09 05:53 AM Re: The Paternity Test of Danny Shelton [Re: Derrell M]
oldsailor29 Offline

Originally Posted By: Friend
In my opinion the fact that this test and all of its accompanying pictures, documents and speculation has been turned into a public circus is despicable. There is a child at the center of this, and no matter what a person's views and issues are regarding the adults, it is inexcusable to make a public spectacle out of the question of a child's parentage, or even to discuss a child in the context of scandal, as has been done. Private tests are fine, but there is no justification for bringing children into public humiliation and scandal.

This is not about the child. The child does not need to be named. Hiding the truth behind the child, using the child as a shield is the really despicable aspect of all this. All that needs to be known is if Linda was pregnant before her divorce from Danny, and if she was, is Danny the father or not? If Danny was wronged, then all this shroud of secrecy is not doing 3ABN any good. If Danny was not wronged, then I fully understand all the reluctance to admit it. Lift the shroud and let the 3ABN fans freely donate or not, based on knowledge of truth, without fear of being taken for fools.

#244264 - 05/18/09 09:05 AM Re: The Paternity Test of Danny Shelton [Re: timewarp]
Gregory Matthews Offline

Originally Posted By: timewarp
Originally Posted By: Stan

I'm not into this issue enough to take sides. However, the Dr's claim was that the child's ID was not established according to the parameters agreed to by the parties involved. True?

No. They did not have a common understanding of some aspects of the testing.

#244265 - 05/18/09 09:08 AM Re: The Paternity Test of Danny Shelton [Re: oldsailor29]
Gregory Matthews Offline

The woman involved is NOT Linda Shelton. It is Brandi (Brandy) Shelton.

#244294 - 05/18/09 11:40 AM Re: The Paternity Test of Danny Shelton [Re: Gregory Matthews]
oldsailor29 Offline

Originally Posted By: Gregory Matthews
The woman involved is NOT Linda Shelton. It is Brandi (Brandy) Shelton.

Exactly why the facts should be revealed, instead of covering identities of involved parties.

So, (leaving the innocent child out of it as much as possible) Brandi bought a pregnancy test kit after Danny had a vasectomy? If so, how long after? I know it takes a while for the procedure to take effect. And how long after their marriage did this take place? And if the child is not Danny's, does he intend to divorce Brandi? If not, why bother with the DNA test, and all the negative publicity, and why even bring Linda's name into this matter at all?

Or, was Brandi already pregnant when they got married, and Danny is claiming they didn't have sex before then, or until well after his vasectomy?

All this speculation comes because the facts are not known. None of this stuff really matters to me, but if I was a 3ABN fan, I think I would want to know the facts. While this may not be the proper venue for the facts to be revealed, they should be made available somewhere. And the only problem I see is that one or more of the parties involved has created a lot of mental and even physical discomfort for the others, and I would like to know who created all this anguish for who.

If this information is not going to be available here, somebody tell me where. I want the whole truth.

#244318 - 05/18/09 02:43 PM Re: The Paternity Test of Danny Shelton [Re: oldsailor29]
pkrause Offline

Loc: Deltona, FL
I for one am a 3abn fan, and I for one think that it is none of our business. I do remember in a earlier post mentioning why we can't just leave them all in piece. And than later saying that now that people have brought this out we should let it all out. But I really think this is between them and God the ultimate judge.

pk

Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in that the Messiah died on our behalf while we were still sinners.

#244331 - 05/18/09 04:09 PM Re: The Paternity Test of Danny Shelton [Re: oldsailor29]
Nan Offline
Benevolent Physician

Loc: Sydney,Australia
I am only a bystander in this, but have followed discussions...

As far as I have gathered

Danny decided to divorce Linda several years ago, I think 2004.

Linda bought a pregnancy test and left it where Danny would find it, as a form of joke, which backfired.

Sometime later Brandi showed up at 3ABN with her 3 daughters, and subsequently married Danny.

The paternity test was undertaken to prove that Danny is not the father of Brandi's youngest child. Such accusations have been around - I think Brandi and her former partner had separated by the time the little girl was born.

If these statements are not factual there are others with more knowledge than I who can correct them.

#244368 - 05/18/09 08:47 PM Re: The Paternity Test of Danny Shelton [Re: Nan]
pkrause Offline

Loc: Deltona, FL
The plot thickens. :)

pk

Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in that the Messiah died on our behalf while we were still sinners.

#244380 - 05/18/09 09:59 PM Re: The Paternity Test of Danny Shelton [Re: Nan]
oldsailor29 Offline

Originally Posted By: Nan
I am only a bystander in this, but have followed discussions...

As far as I have gathered

Danny decided to divorce Linda several years ago, I think 2004.

Linda bought a pregnancy test and left it where Danny would find it, as a form of joke, which backfired.

Sometime later Brandi showed up at 3ABN with her 3 daughters, and subsequently married Danny.

The paternity test was undertaken to prove that Danny is not the father of Brandi's youngest child. Such accusations have been around - I think Brandi and her former partner had separated by the time the little girl was born.

If these statements are not factual there are others with more knowledge than I who can correct them.

This sounds like the truth.

#244436 - 05/19/09 05:14 AM Re: The Paternity Test of Danny Shelton [Re: Gregory Matthews]
oldsailor29 Offline

Originally Posted By: Gregory Matthews
O.K. Sometimes saying a little produces more speculation than either saying nothing or a lot.

I will attempt to give a brief and fair summation in a few words as to what has gone on with the parentage test:

1) Danny presented himself, his wife and a child for the DNA test, which took place.

2) The phyician who conducted the testing has posted a description of the test proceedures that raise considerable questions in regard to who the child was that was presented to be tested.

3) Those who are thought to be defenders of 3-ABN and Danny, have responded with substantial rubbutals to the issues raised by the physician who conducted the test. The have also attacked that physician in regard to some important issues on another subject that raise some substantial questions in regard to that MD.

4) My opinion:
a) It is clear to me that Danny and the MD did not have a common understanding of certain aspects of the test proceedures. That should have been more clearly spelled out.
b) Danny made a mistake in judgement in that he attempted to repreesent himelf so to speak. He should have had one of his lawyerss handle the arrangemesnts for his side of the agreement. That would have gone a long way to prevent misunderstanding.

Now that the issues are clear to me,

1. There was question if Danny was the bio dad of Brandi's youngest, with whom Brandi was pregnant before they were married, or even before Danny and Linda divorced?
2. A doctor took DNA material for testing from Danny, Brandi, and a child?
3. But now there is still a question as to which child was brought in for testing?

Well, people make mistakes and if the child is Danny's, I can understand. It would be difficult for people in their situation not to have affairs. We have all seen similar things happen in the past, but we never seem to learn that it is never a good idea to try to hide the truth of the matter. There is forgiveness in our hearts, but it cannot be given if the truth is hidden.

I used to watch 3ABN, and though IMHO, neither Danny nor Linda were quite right for their parts, I thought Linda came across as the more sincere person, and I think 3ABN would be doing much better if she was the one who stayed.

#244586 - 05/19/09 09:18 PM Re: The Paternity Test of Danny Shelton [Re: oldsailor29]
Daryl Fawcett Offline
Saved by Grace
Past the 700 posts

Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
Wasn't thinking about the child aspect when I posted those links, therefore, I support Stan for doing what he did.

Daryl :)

http://www.maritime-sda-online.com
http://www.livestream.com/sda_pugwash

#244588 - 05/19/09 09:25 PM Re: The Paternity Test of Danny Shelton [Re: Daryl Fawcett]
Very Adventist

DF

I am so sorry, I had meant to tell you why, one of those things that falls when too many things are going on in someone's life.

OldSailor

I learned in war zones, the first causality in war is truth, divorce is not that much different. Both sides of this horrible incident has 'facts' that contradict other 'facts'.

We have chosen not to discuss this any more on here as it has gone from discussion to slander and far worse..

Am closing this, if you would like links to some sites that are heavily involved in this just message me.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Random Ads

Support our Sponsors

OUR AMAZON STORES

Shout Box

Support our Sponsors
Featured Member
Random visitors over the past few minutes
Amazon Store
Top Posters
pkrause 57788
dgrimm60 55003
John317 33718
Woody 32150
Gail 29703
Shane 26567
Robert 23638
RLH 22239
Amelia 20635
Neil D 18264
Bravus 15521
Gerry Cabalo 15412
bonnie 12632
Naomi 11759
olger 11618
LifeHiscost 10830
Gregory Matthews 9871
rudywoofs 9353
news 8614
teresaq(sda) 8421
Nan 8270
skyblue888 7452
CoAspen 7056
Tom Wetmore 6922
BobRyan 6678
Please help out with the expenses. Only takes a minute.
Newest Members
Mark Andrews, ladysda, ThomasW, .?!, Luz Ivone
5472 Registered Users
Forum Stats
5472 Members
96 Forums
52229 Topics
629491 Posts

Max Online: 4163 @ 03/31/12 01:09 PM
INTERnational Christian Education & Relief Society
(Views)Popular Topics
The Law 10195520
Weekly Bible trivia quiz! 7287241
Word of the Day 5024995
2012-13 NBA Season 3978084
Daily Bible Trivial facts 3966120
Today in Jewish History 3926427
Daily Lift by Rabbi Zelig Pliskin 3845611
Today's Bible Reading 3722400
WHAT IS RIGHTEOUSNESS BY FAITH? 3630805
Lily Pads, by John 317 3407929
Top Posters (30 Days)
pkrause 638
dgrimm60 449
Gregory Matthews 138
Gail 116
bonnie 106
rudywoofs 104
LifeHiscost 90
Sojourner 71
JoeMo 63
debbym 62
Samie 58
8thdaypriest 57
Naomi 46
CoAspen 42
Aliensanctuary 42
Suzanne Sutton 38
Kevin H 37
Bravus 32
genesis7 30
lazarus 30
Nan 26
Stan Jensen 26
Tom Wetmore 25
LynnDel 23
Woody 23
Adventist Dating
More sponsors
Today's Birthdays
cjfidman

ClubAdventist, is a division of the Kingdom of Adventistan,
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland or any of its subsidiaries.
Copyright 1999 - 2014 ClubAdventist