Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS)

Posted by: RLH

Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 03/17/10 10:36 PM

Posted by: TWNolan

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 03/17/10 10:49 PM

Are you sure this is real?? Couple of the photos look photo-shopped.

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 03/17/10 10:57 PM

I can't prove that it is. No.
Posted by: aldona

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 03/17/10 11:03 PM

Fake.

Ancient Bones of Giants in Greece - Fiction

My husband got sent the link about this a few days ago, so he did some investigating.

aldona
Posted by: BobRyan

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 03/17/10 11:17 PM

What is the link for this?

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 03/17/10 11:20 PM

Originally Posted By: aldona
Fake.

Ancient Bones of Giants in Greece - Fiction

My husband got sent the link about this a few days ago, so he did some investigating.

aldona

Thanks Aldona, I kinda figured it was fake. My sister sent it to me.

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 03/17/10 11:27 PM

The hoax site (regarding a contest held in 2007) and referenced in your link is --
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/12/photogalleries/giantskeleton-pictures/photo2.html

But when you scan through the pictures - none of them are the ones you have from the email.

So - I would still be interested to know how "IronKite" did it.

Also the hoax site pictures do not have the real people standing "on" the cropped in skeletons.

But a good fake all the same.

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 03/17/10 11:37 PM

Ellen White mentions "as a matter of fact" that people of her day could not explain the remains of humans that were being found - much larger than people today. It is not so surprising that she would claim that such remains would be expected given the details about the pre-flood world -- but it was very surprising that she claimed people were digging up something along those lines.

Then in connection with the story in the OP here - I found this for the claims that were being made in her day -

Quote:

Aside from mythology and folklore (see Tall tales), remains of extremely tall people have been reported, and documented in the Americas and other parts of the world. These are usually classified as remains that indicate persons of between 7 (2.15 m) and 12 feet (3.65 m) in stature.

The book Forbidden Land by Robert Lyman (1971) recounts the following alleged finds:
• A decayed human skeleton claimed by eyewitnesses to measure around 3.28 meters (10 feet 9 inches tall), was unearthed by laborers while plowing a vineyard in November 1856 in East Wheeling, now in West Virginia.
• A human skeleton measuring 3.6 meters (12 feet) tall was unearthed at Lompock Rancho, California, in 1833 by soldiers digging in a pit for a powder magazine. The specimen had a double row of teeth and was surrounded by numerous stone axes, carved shells and porphyry blocks with abstruse symbols associated with it.
• Several mummified remains of humans with reddish hair claimed to range from 2-2.5 meters (6.5 feet to over 8 feet) tall were dug up at Lovelock Cave, (70 miles) north-east of Reno, Nevada, by a guano mining operation. These bones supposedly substantiated claims for legends by the local Paiute Indians regarding giants which they called Si-Te-Cah. However, there appear to be no verified Paiute legends about giants or that call the Si-Te-Cah giants [5]. Some of these artifacts can also be found in the Nevada State Historical Society's museum at Reno. Adrienne Mayor states that these skeletons are normal sized.[5] Mayor does not mention that some of the fiber woven sandals found at Lovelock Cave are extremely large, as great as 7 inches across the toes and over 15 inches in length (size 20 US mens) suggesting persons very much more than average size.[6]
• A 9' 11" (3.02 meters) skeleton was unearthed in 1928 by a farmer digging a pit to bury trash in Tensas Parish, Louisiana near Waterproof. In 1931 a 10' 2" (3.1 meters) skeleton was unearthed by a boy burying his dog in Nearby Madison Parish.
Aside from in Forbidden Land, we can find verified and unverified examples about the remains of giants:
• The skull of a youth 7 feet tall, and the partial limb bones of a man estimated at over 11 feet tall were unearthed in 1890 at the Bronze age cemetery of Castelnau-le-Lez, France and published in the science journal "La Nature"[7] and subsequently reported in the New York Times in 1892.[8]
• A 9' 8" (2.95 meters) skeleton was excavated from a mound near Brewersville, Indiana in 1879 (Indianapolis News, November 10, 1975).
• In Clearwater, Minnesota, the skeletons of seven giants were found in mounds. These had receding foreheads and complete double dentition[citation needed]
• A mound near Toledo, Ohio, held 20 skeletons, seated and facing east with jaws and teeth "twice as large as those of present day people", and beside each was a large bowl with "curiously wrought hieroglyphic figures." (Chicago Record, October 24, 1895; cited by Ron G. Dobbins, NEARA Journal, v13, fall 1978).
• Near the city of Thunder Bay, Ontario there is a span of mountains five miles long that is in the shape of a man wearing a headdress lying down on his back. The span is called "The Sleeping Giant" from local Ojibway legend that identifies the giant as Nanabijou, the spirit of the Deep Sea Water, who was turned to stone when the secret location of a rich silver mine, now known as Silver Islet, was disclosed to white men. [9]

• Patagons of Patagonia in South America, are giants claimed to have been seen by Ferdinand Magellan and his crew.[10] Drake reported only finding people of 'mean stature'[11] although his Chaplain reported giants. However, even before Magellan, a Spanish romance called Primaleσn of Greece was published in 1512 in which a dashing explorer discovers savages, one named Patagon, whose descriptions are very similar to those of Magellan.[12]

There is even a story in William Cody's autobiography about an encounter with the Pawnee Indians that reads. "While we were in the sandhills, scouting the Niobrara country, the Pawnee Indians brought into camp some very large bones, one of which the surgeon of the expedition pronounced to be the thigh bone of a human being. The Indians said the bones were those of a race of people who long ago had lived in that country. They said these people were three times the size of a man of the present day...
Posted by: aldona

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 03/18/10 01:42 AM

I don't have a problem with the idea of giant bones. I believe the people who lived before the Flood were much taller than we are. No doubt there are many genuine examples of giant bones out there.

But this particular example is a hoax. I'm sure Satan loves to see these kinds of hoaxes perpetrated - it makes people much less likely to accept the ones that are real.

aldona
Posted by: Gerry Cabalo

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 03/18/10 09:28 AM

How do we know that the one calling it a fake is telling the truth?

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 03/18/10 11:15 AM

Good question Gerry.
Posted by: pkrause

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 03/18/10 06:41 PM

Interesting photos Richard.

pk

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 03/18/10 06:41 PM

Yes very good question Gerry.

pk

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 03/18/10 06:46 PM

As far as if they are fake or not, the images look OK. Having been in printing for some 40+ years and having used PhSp for 15+ years, is easy but not that easy, to tell. Now having said that, the picture's could have been setup or staged.

pk
Posted by: dgrimm60

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 03/18/10 07:58 PM

HEY ALL

WELL I guess we will all have to see

dgrimm60
Posted by: SivartM

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 03/18/10 09:34 PM

I bet this is all a cover-up to keep us from finding out that there are giant bones!

Because... uh... giant bones are bad. :(
Posted by: cardw

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 03/19/10 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Gerry Cabalo
How do we know that the one calling it a fake is telling the truth?

Of course they're fakes! Come on look at the scale. That one skeleton is 35-40 feet long if we assume that the man taking notes is at least 5 feet tall.

I think if we found evidence of 35 foot tall humans it would make world wide news.

The color registration is off, as well as the lighting direction.

Ellen White often claimed to know things from vision which we know were based on the incorrect science of her day. This includes people on Jupiter.
Posted by: SivartM

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 03/19/10 07:12 PM

I think the people on Jupiter would disagree with your statement.

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 03/19/10 09:18 PM

Originally Posted By: SivartM
I think the people on Jupiter would disagree with your statement.

rollingsmile

pk
Posted by: addvantage

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 03/19/10 10:35 PM

I saw this debate of the fake skeletons on another site, and one fellow noted that the two large skulls seen in two different sites, are the same skull.

The teeth match and he noted that the markings on the skull are the same.

I saw that the overlaying grid did not cast its shadow over the skull as it should.
Posted by: LifeHiscost

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 03/20/10 02:30 AM

Originally Posted By: addvantage
I saw this debate of the fake skeletons on another site, and one fellow noted that the two large skulls seen in two different sites, are the same skull.

The teeth match and he noted that the markings on the skull are the same.

I saw that the overlaying grid did not cast its shadow over the skull as it should.

Agreeing that in the last days there would be things in appearance that we could not believe, it could be logical to assume that "big bones" are bad. However there is nothing on Snopes that verifies a hoax. Which might only indicate we on C/A
are the first to witness a very interesting and impressive hoax.
peace
Posted by: Sid

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 03/20/10 02:58 PM

bad photoshop lol

Posted by: olger

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 03/20/10 05:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Richard Holbrook

THIS picture looks REAL ...!

bwink

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 03/20/10 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By: olger
Originally Posted By: Richard Holbrook

THIS picture looks REAL ...!

bwink

rollingsmile

pk
Posted by: TWNolan

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 03/21/10 10:11 PM

First and for most, like what a person said prior, no one would be STANDING on bone they were digging.

If you look closely at a couple pics, the "lines" don't add up: like where a rock ends and a skull begins
Posted by: Stan Jensen

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 03/22/10 09:28 PM

as fun as these are too read, the one who photoshopped them are still laughing.
Posted by: CoAspen

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 03/22/10 09:53 PM

Bad photoshoper, bad, bad photoshoper!! Most likely a beginner.

Wonder who fell for them? They have been around for awhile!

rollingsmile
Posted by: Klibby

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 03/29/10 07:08 PM

Very clearly photoshopped... as mentioned already, lighting and focus is off, also if you look at the 6th and 7th pictures, the skeleton that was added in was clearly taken from an overhead view almost straight down, but added into a forward looking photo. The point of view just does not match up at all.

Also, as far as the "what if the people saying these are fake are wrong"... take a look at the link below, read, then scroll down and click the link for photos and look at the picture of "The skeleton of a new 60-foot-long plant-eating dinosaur" taken on a 1993 UC dinosaur dig, look familiar?

University of Chicago dinosaur hunters to launch Sahara expedition

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 03/29/10 08:55 PM

Still - amid all the fakes - some real ones show up.

http://clubadventist.com/forum/ubbthread...html#Post345350

in Christ,

Bob
Posted by: carolinefine

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 04/18/10 03:40 PM

At this website the artist who did the montage in 2002 is thanking people for their compliments of his work. You can also see many other entries to the contest, "Archaeological Anomalies."

http://fx.worth1000.com/entries/18533/giants Worth 1000

If anything looks suspicious or too good to be true check it out. With the internet, it is very easy to check things out!

Start with:
Snopes.com

And then try:
urbanlegends.com

Worth1000 has lots of contests! You cannot trust photos anymore!

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 09/04/10 05:58 PM

it is amazing how much traffic this thread gets
Posted by: Shane

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 09/04/10 06:02 PM

The big clue that it is a fake is that there is a complete skeleton. Discoveries like that normally just have fragments.

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 02/11/11 05:18 AM

this gets so much google traffic... weird

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 02/11/11 05:50 PM

LOL

I bet it does. Too bad you can't charge admission. LOL

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 06/13/11 08:28 PM

:)

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 06/13/11 10:30 PM

Originally Posted By: TWNolan
Are you sure this is real?? Couple of the photos look photo-shopped.

Indeed they do.

In fact the "single skull" is the "same" in multiple shots even though the setting is different for each.

in Christ,

Bob
Posted by: John317

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 06/13/11 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By: cardw
...Ellen White often claimed to know things from vision which we know were based on the incorrect science of her day. This includes people on Jupiter.

I know that some people claim Ellen White said God showed her there were people on Jupiter, but if you examine the actual statement (EW 40), you will see that she never named the planet. She did not know which planet she had been shown in vision, and she never said she did know. Ellen G. White merely refers to it as "a world which had seven moons." Joseph Bates, who studied astronomy, identified it as Jupiter on the basis of her descripion of the seven moons, but that is merely the opinion of Bates, not Ellen White.
Posted by: ClubV12

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 06/14/11 12:03 AM

Well at least one giant in the land has been identified, welcome back John317! :)

Bates was quite the character, never one to hold back his opinion on anything. I do get the impression he had a touch of foot and mouth disease. Open mouth, insert foot.
Posted by: John317

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 06/14/11 12:34 AM

Thank you, ClubV12!! I'm so happy to be back, too, believe me. I've really missed the Forum and all my friends here. Now I've got a lot of reading to do to make up for the time I've been away.
Posted by: LifeHiscost

Re: Giants found in Greece (PHOTOS) - 06/15/11 03:29 AM

Originally Posted By: ClubV12
Well at least one giant in the land has been identified, welcome back John317! :)

Quote:
Accounts of Giants in Africa

Chad's Giants
Moroccan Find
Polo, Marco
Saos Giants
Sudan's Giants
Watusi Giants
Zanzibar's Giants
References

Chad's Giants
In 1936, two French archaeologists, Lebeuf and Griaule, led an expedition to Chad in North Central Africa. As they crossed the plains they saw some areas covered with small mounds. They also found large numbers of these mounds around Fort Lamy and Goulfeil. Deciding to investigate, they dug up several egg-shaped funeral jars that contained the remains of a gigantic race, along with pieces of their jewelry and their works of art.1 These giants, according to the natives, were called the Saos.

Scholars who traced their history say they came from Kheiber, located north of Mecca, to Bilma, which is situated about three hundred miles north of Lake Chad. A people with a "well-developed religion and culture," they grew in numbers and founded communities at Fort Lamy, Mahaya, Midigue, and Goulfeil. They lived in peace in their new land until the close of the ninth century when the Moslems made wars against them, intending to force their accep-tance of the Islamic faith. The Saos giants who converted to the faith lived to become servants of the Arabs. But those who steadfastly refused to convert were eventually wiped out. By the end of the sixteenth century not many Saos remained. (See Jericho's Giants; also see Curigueres; Ifrikish ibn Kais; Sudan's Giants; Watusi Giants; Zanzibar's Giants)

Moroccan Find
At Agadir in Morocco, reports Peter Kolosimo, the French captain Lafanechere "discovered a complete arsenal of hunting weapons including five hundred double-edged axes weighing seventeen and a half pounds, i.e. twenty times as heavy as would be convenient for modern man. Apart from the question of weight, to handle the axe at all one would need to have hands of a size appropriate to a giant with a stature of at least 13 feet."2 (See Australian Giants; La Tene; South American Giants)

God blesses! peace