ClubAdventist is back!

'Obama Believers', the theological aspects of the Obama campaign....

We voted early today. I am glad to get that out of the way.

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• Tammy

• carolaa

• lazarus

Top Posters In This Topic

Sarah Palin is the only reason I would vote....and I still can't decide what to do. It seems like she really did some through cleaning up in Alaska...and her track record looks good...just wish she was running for the President instead of the Vice-President....unless McCain dies, I don't know really how much she would get to do...

But do you think she can stand up to all the empty sniping and personnal attacks? Did she get much of that in Alaska?

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

Originally Posted By: Tammy
Sarah Palin is the only reason I would vote....and I still can't decide what to do. It seems like she really did some through cleaning up in Alaska...and her track record looks good...just wish she was running for the President instead of the Vice-President....unless McCain dies, I don't know really how much she would get to do...

But do you think she can stand up to all the empty sniping and personnal attacks? Did she get much of that in Alaska?

I don't know, Bob....I really don't know. Like I said before, if she was running for the President, I would vote for sure, but for the Vice-President....well, unless McCain dies....it doesn't seem like the Vice-President has much to say. It is all very discouraging... One thing I know, that God is in control...He sets them up and He sets them down...He may see fit to allow Obama to get in as a punishment for the Country. You know, in Bible times, he allowed wicked kings to take over Israel, in order to bring them to their senses. I guess we'll soon know.

When the character of Christ shall be perfectly reproduced in His people, then He will come to claim them as His own. {COL 69}

The Narrow Way Ministires

5464 State Road

Kingsville, OH 44048

choose_the_narrow_way@yahoo.com

• Moderators

One thing I know, that God is in control...He sets them up and He sets them down...He may see fit to allow Obama to get in as a punishment for the Country. You know, in Bible times, he allowed wicked kings to take over Israel, in order to bring them to their senses. I guess we'll soon know.

....so do you think the Lord was blessing us as a result of the leadership of George Bush? How about 911, Katrina, the disaster of Iraq, and the current financial crisis. I think you go it backwards. Surely if the judgments have been falling they have come through the presidency of GWB.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

No. Because GW was a good, honest, and Christian man. You are trying to peg him wrong.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

No. Because GW was a good, honest, and Christian man. You are trying to peg him wrong.

Let's see...when abortion rates go down during a democratic politician and go up in a republican politicians term, does that indicate anything?

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

I believe that Pew Research is the one conducting the study....Or was it Planned Parenthood...I don't remember...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Originally Posted By: Tammy
One thing I know, that God is in control...He sets them up and He sets them down...He may see fit to allow Obama to get in as a punishment for the Country. You know, in Bible times, he allowed wicked kings to take over Israel, in order to bring them to their senses. I guess we'll soon know.

....so do you think the Lord was blessing us as a result of the leadership of George Bush? How about 911, Katrina, the disaster of Iraq, and the current financial crisis. I think you go it backwards. Surely if the judgments have been falling they have come through the presidency of GWB.

Now that's a thought. I wonder what God has been punishing us for these last 8 years.

• Moderators

Now that's a thought. I wonder what God has been punishing us for these last 8 years.

Bill Clinton's antics in the oval office of Course!!!

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Originally Posted By: carolaa

Bill Clinton's antics in the oval office of Course!!!

Oooooh, and here **I** thought it was because to the UBER-CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN congress....

George Bernard Shaw

All I know is that we don't need a 'Distributor - in - Chief'.

VOTE McCAIN/PALIN

I believe in Hematology.

All I know is that we don't need a 'Distributor - in - Chief'.

VOTE McCAIN/PALIN

Well, we need more than 8 cylinder car with only 2 cylinders working....

Vote Obama/Biden

George Bernard Shaw

You are bad Neil. You are BAD. And all your cylinders ain't a workin.

Vote McPalin

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

both cars seem to be working with a lot of methane gas driving.gif

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

both cars seem to be working with a lot of methane gas driving.gif

You mean McCain's and Palin car? I agree... Obama's car runs on clean wind powered electrical energy....

George Bernard Shaw

Sick. Just Sick. More Methane Gas. Just like Pam said. At least I am willing to be honest.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

LOL - but when the winds die down and there's no electrical energy, it's a sad, sad day in Obamaville...

ththththiconofdoomnj9.jpg

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

LOL - but when the winds die down and there's no electrical energy, it's a sad, sad day in Obamaville...

ththththiconofdoomnj9.jpg

Oh, you mean when all that hot air is gone from Redwood and John and Olger, and [add conservative voice of your choice]......

Hey, sunshine is available and photovac are too...Electrical from the sun...free, cheap, and non-carbon polluting...And then there's WAVE energy and hydroelectric energy....Shoot with a bit of development, we can have geothermal energy as well...

George Bernard Shaw

The problem with abortion is that it doesn't go far enough. It needs to be extended to the age 15. Just think how many otherwise problematic young teenagers would shape up in a hurry if they could be aborted.

They would be amazingly polite. It would be "Yes, Sir, No Ma'am, and Can I help you with that?"

I'm olger and my tongue is in my cheek,

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Maybe that tongue needs aborting.

I believe in Hematology.

Same child "different location" -- the State considers one "location" to be murder and the other location "valid for killing the child".

If the State struggles with the moral clarity to understand that location does not matter -- you would at least think that Christians would have the moral clarity to know about it.

The moral issues were reviewed here - as well as the Religious liberty argument just-plain politics vs moral values.

http://www.adventistforum.com/forum/ubbt...html#Post195624

in Christ,

Bob

Originally Posted By: BobRyan
Same child "different location" -- the State considers one "location" to be murder and the other location "valid for killing the child".

Thats an excellent point. There are those who do not have not as much concern for the death of a child in locations such as Palestine, Iraq.

In my experience many of those who are concerned about unborn children do not seem to express as much outrage about children who die needlessly in Iraq or Afghanistan etc.

Then you are still somewhat clueless as I suspected.

There is as much outrage over anyone dragging even a single child over to an abortion clinic and murdering them in Iraq as in America. In fact that is one of the reasons that America wanted to stop Saddam from doing that.

Oh no wait -- you thought that war is fought by having each combatant brought to America - set before liberal judges costing Americans millions of dollars each time they discover that "Islam is real".

The nice thing about your model is that nobody ever get's killed in war EXCEPT for the truly convicted combatant who is shown to be 'wrong' after months of trial and testimony -- so don't take this as a slam against the outcome of your idea for "war" were our soldiers never die, no non-combatants are ever killed or injured and only the guilty enemy combatants (that a liberal judge would deem guilty) have to suffer.

Question - how many children died on 911?

Question: How many children die when Islamic terrorists blow up buses and public businesses in Israel?

What is the argument that they use for seeking out non-combatants? Is there a good way to "talk them out of it"?? Did we just fail to "say the right words" during the Clinton Admin???? And why are the Islamic terrorists in those countries "voting Obama"?

And WHY were all the liberals in America and islamicists world-wide SO SILENT about the human rights abuses - murder abuse and torture of women and children in IRAQ -- before the war???

I think this gets to another thread topic - but an interesting one.