ClubAdventist is back!

The trashing of Sarah Palin

• Moderators

The trashing of Sarah Palin is about to get into full swing, apparently.

Here's a report from Fox about how she did not know that Africa was a continent, and other things!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWZHTJsR4Bc&e

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr. Shane

• Bravus

• jasd

• Neil D

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Sad, despite the Schadenfreude... but as a hunter she has to know that sometimes the pack will turn hard on the weakest member. The bottom line is that McCain made the call to draft her with minimal vetting. And hey, she got the Redwood vote out.

Truth is important

• Moderators

the Redwood vote

I like that. The Redwood wing of the Republican party!

Its interesting to see that Fox reported this. I think they know the GOP civil war is coming and they want get into reporting it first. It's probably going to eclipse the reporting of the Obama transition.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Democrats are very fearful of a Palin comeback in 2012 so they are not going to stop in their attempt to destroy her. She has a lot of Republican advisers knocking at her door now to put her in a position to win the nomination in 2012. There is even talk of giving her a political talk show on one of the cable networks if she is interested. One of the major networks is interested in doing a reality show on her family. These shows, of course, would be done in such a way to look good so as to help her.

Palin did energize the base, which McCain did not do. However as the second on the ticket she was very controlled by the McCain campaign just as Biden was by the Obama campaign. Palin now knows the opposition's hand. She knows how they will attack her and can prepare for that. If McCain had been elected she would have been on a leash. I believe the media would have done to her what they did to Dan Quayle. Now, given that she can be her own woman, I think she has a much better chance at successfully running for President. Democrats know that. And they are worried.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Quote:
"I like that. The Redwood wing of the Republican party!

Its interesting to see that Fox reported this."

I am pleased to learn that the Redwood wing of the party is being reported upon. This is a good start for the next run in two years. How does the Redwood/Palin ticket sound?

I plan a series of interviews with Fox to get my campaign going. I think the Redwood Wing has a good 'ring' to it. You know ... there used to be a Wig Party. So now we can just start one called the Redwood Wings.

Anyone want to join?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

If McCain had been elected she would have been on a leash. I believe the media would have done to her what they did to Dan Quayle. Now, given that she can be her own woman, I think she has a much better chance at successfully running for President. Democrats know that. And they are worried.

I could be wrong, of course, but I'm thinking she is already pretty much in the category of Dan Quayle in people's minds. I can't imagine Dan Quayle coming back to run for President. But then, she does have the right wing nuts behind her, so who knows...

• Moderators

Quote:
Democrats are very fearful of a Palin comeback in 2012 so they are not going to stop in their attempt to destroy her.

Uhuh, and they're using their propaganda arm, Fox News, to get the job done. Um, wait...

Truth is important

• Moderators

Quote:
So now we can just start one called the Redwood Wings.

Maybe you could get into a co-promotion deal with the Redwings

Truth is important

• Moderators

...because after 8 years of Bush and 4 years of Obama, a president who thinks 'Africa' is a country will be *just* what America needs...

Truth is important

Look Folks ... Sarah has been busy dealing with the Russians as far as her foreign policy demands. She has not yet had time for the Africans.

BTW ... South Africa IS a country.

This is Redwing reporting

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

QR frame:

I notice that when certain of the list posts to the supposed attributes of the Wizard of Smart – factoids somehow keep upticking... and when

lazaroo, and otherrrs, find anonymous and unknown sources who/that seemingly validate their ‘convictions’ – they’re always right there! like johnnies on the spot... kinda like Pete and Repete – say what! (‘Sources’ that won’t put their face to their quotes are always reliable and repeatable, right?) Speaking of ‘right there’,

where was Barry’s auntie Zietuni from Dire Straits, Boston during the Grant Park, Chicago celebration this past Tuesday nite? What? she didn’t have the requisite two IDs to attend? or, mebbe, our monies haven’t yet been ‘redistributed’ to include a Bus ticket from Dire Straits to Grant Park, eh?

Whilst on the subject of Grant Park, Chicago: ...notice the silence? which descended upon the raucous celebrants when Barry said, “We must sacrifice!”

Oy Vay! --Pogo

I’m already missing and regretting the end of Dubya’s terms. Ahh, Dubya, where are ye when the murder of lefter crows begin their cawing?

Oh, speaking of “nuts”, following...

Hitler was a community organizer; and Stalinists are in the Gates...

Quote:
Democrats are very fearful of a Palin comeback in 2012 so they are not going to stop in their attempt to destroy her.

Uhuh, and they're using their propaganda arm, Fox News, to get the job done. Um, wait...

Perhaps FOXNews is not the propaganda arm that the radical left-wing has accused it of being. Maybe they are just sensationalizing the news to drive up ratings.

My company does business in Africa. Actually it is in Equatorial Guinea where we are currently building a project. In talking with other people about my company many people think Africa is a country. I have been talking to well-educated people such as architects, engineers and city managers that think Africa is a country. Such a mistake is pretty common.

- perhaps a sad commentary on American education - but common nonetheless.

The real story here is that we see some of the people from the McCain campaign trying to push blame for his loss on anyone but themselves. The biggest reason McCain lost is George W. Bush. The second biggest reason is Fanny and Freddie. Those two things made it impossible for any Republican to have won this year.

Anyone thinking Sarah Palin is another Dan Quayle doesn't know history. We will see where she goes from here. The "Blame Palin" game will blow over in a few days and she will be deciding what kind of political future she wants. She has a lot of doors opening for her. We need more people of strong character like her in politics. I wish her the best.

• Moderators

I have been talking to well-educated people such as architects, engineers and city managers that think Africa is a country. Such a mistake is pretty common.

- perhaps a sad commentary on American education - but common nonetheless.

Thats scary if its true but it explains a lot of things about the Bush presidency!

Einstein

It says nothing about the Bush presidency. Anyone that thinks that needs a lesson in American civics. 1) Public education is run on the local level. 2) Any architects, engineers and city managers that I would be taking to would have been educated long before Bush was ever President.

I know it is hard to believe for some people but not every problem in America is Bush's fault.

• Moderators

My point is that there are perhaps a number of people in the Bush Admin who may have thought the Middle East was a country or that Sunni and Shia were a couple of pop stars! Maybe that North Korea and South Korea are the same country! It may explain why Bush foreign policy is so sad.

Einstein

>>Sunni and Shia were a couple of pop stars!<<

Like, they're not!? :-o I'm certain I've see them perform on Latinola Television.

>>North Korea and South Korea are the same country!<<

And sure they are! only separate...

>>It may explain why Bush foreign policy is so sad.<<

Sorta like Barry making his first appointment, a Jew, his consiglieri, yes? What's that say to alla his new-found friends from, umm, elsewhere? :-o

American education has been woefully short on world geography. Witness how little many Americans know about their nextdoor neighbor Canada. mel

>>...some of the people from the McCain campaign trying to push blame for his loss on anyone but themselves.<<

Exactamente! CYA on display – for a campaign run lousy with

McCain playing at Church Social whilst a Political War was raging around him.

It may be that McCain's campaign suffered most directly - from those who were 'handling' him.

I'm waiting for him to back up Palin and admonish those CYAs - as vigorously as he did those who ran 'negative' ads featuring such as Wright, etc. Way to lose an election, guy!

Will I wait long and needlessly? We'll see. So much for

the moderates in the Rebub Party. Mebbe, we'll see a risen political Phoenix as exemplified in a truly conservative movement featuring such as Palin, Jindal, and others - four years from now. Well, that is, unless,

Barry-O turns this land into a collection of regional soviets.

We'll meet again,

Don't know where,

Don't know when

But I know we'll meet again some sunny day

Keep smiling through,

Just like you always do

Till the blue skies drive the dark clouds far away

So will you please say 'Hello'

To the folks that I know

Tell them I won't be long

They'll be happy to know

That as you saw me go

I was singing this song

We'll meet again,

Don't know where,

Don't know when

But I know we'll meet again some sunny day

--sung by Dame Vera Lynn,

But it really is beyond that. We find politicians ride on the major issues, but when asked about their opinion on other important issue they are completely ignorant and stumped.

That's why I applaud Couric to ask these questions just to demonstrate the knowledgeable public that many politicians don't know what they are talking about, but merely reciting the scripted policy points. Many people criticized her for "gotcha journalism"... but this is the kind of journalism we need... instead of throwing softballs. How else will we know if these people know what they are talking about without teleprompter.

Here's a good example.

One certainly can argue that she should have been able to list some court cases she disagreed with but she had just been thrust into the national spotlight and the pressure was on. As a building contractor I have been in front of school boards and committees. I have been asked questions and just blown it with my answers and walk out of the meeting kicking myself for not answering differently. If she comes back in four years I think we will see a very polished and prepared candidate.

I think that you would agree that being in the world spotlight answering tough questions is one of the prerequisite qualifications for VP of USA? This is not a knowledge you gain in a period of 4 years. You can't just go to the school and learn of the factual data and expect to be ready. There's much studying and understanding involved, which Sarah has clearly lacked because in her own words she "worked too hard" for all that fancy educat'n stuff.

Why no just admit that she is not qualified and move on to a better candidate? The scary thing is that I hear people admitting that if she indeed ran for president, they would vote for her in this election. Would you?