ClubAdventist is back!

Obama Hands Limbaugh Big Win

PREZ ZINGS GOP FOE IN A $TIMULATING TALK

Quote:
President Obama warned Republicans on Capitol Hill today that they need to quit listening to radio king Rush Limbaugh if they want to get along with Democrats and the new administration.

"You can't just listen to Rush Limbaugh and get things done," he told top GOP leaders, whom he had invited to the White House to discuss his nearly $1 trillion stimulus package.

Comments like these drive Rush's ratings up. Rush will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Neil D

• Woody

• Dr. Shane

• Bravus

Top Posters In This Topic

Limbaugh Responds to Obama

There are two things going on here. One prong of the Great Unifier's plan is to isolate elected Republicans from their voters and supporters by making the argument about me and not about his plan. He is hoping that these Republicans will also publicly denounce me and thus marginalize me. And who knows? Are ideological and philosophical ties enough to keep the GOP loyal to their voters? Meanwhile, the effort to foist all blame for this mess on the private sector continues unabated when most of the blame for this current debacle can be laid at the feet of the Congress and a couple of former presidents. And there is a strategic reason for this.

Secondly, here is a combo quote from the meeting:

"If we don't get this done we (the Democrats) could lose seats and I could lose re-election. But we can't let people like Rush Limbaugh stall this. That's how things don't get done in this town."

To make the argument about me instead of his plan makes sense from his perspective. Obama's plan would buy votes for the Democrat Party, in the same way FDR's New Deal established majority power for 50 years of Democrat rule, and it would also simultaneously seriously damage any hope of future tax cuts. It would allow a majority of American voters to guarantee no taxes for themselves going forward. It would burden the private sector and put the public sector in permanent and firm control of the economy. Put simply, I believe his stimulus is aimed at re-establishing "eternal" power for the Democrat Party rather than stimulating the economy because anyone with a brain knows this is NOT how you stimulate the economy. If I can be made to serve as a distraction, then there is that much less time debating the merits of this TRILLION dollar debacle.

Obama was angry that Merrill Lynch used $1.2 million of TARP money to remodel an executive suite. Excuse me, but didn't Merrill have to hire a decorator and contractor? Didn't they have to buy the new furnishings? What's the difference in that and Merrill loaning that money to a decorator, contractor and goods supplier to remodel Warren Buffet's office? Either way, stimulus in the private sector occurs. Are we really at the point where the bad PR of Merrill getting a redecorated office in the process is reason to smear them? How much money will the Obamas spend redecorating the White House residence? Whose money will be spent? I have no problem with the Obamas redoing the place. It is tradition. 600 private jets flown by rich Democrats flew into the Inauguration. That's fine but the auto execs using theirs is a crime? In both instances, the people on those jets arrived in Washington wanting something from Washington, not just good will.

If I can be made to serve as a distraction, then there is that much less time debating the merits of the trillion dollar debacle.

One more thing, Byron. Your publication and website have documented Obama's ties to the teachings of Saul Alinksy while he was community organizing in Chicago. Here is Rule 13 of Alinksy's Rules for Radicals:

"Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it."

[text taken from link]

Looks to me more like Rush is making this about himself rather than the nation....

and you are correct....Obama need not talk about Rush...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

With the way that Obama is taking this country ... Rush will have an increase in his ratings anyway. People will rush to Rush for guidance.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Let's see.....

Obama has economic advisors....from Colleges and universitys who study the economy every day....Advancing the cause of economic recovery for all, and not for a few.....

What does Rush have?....The microphone and the EIB network..and some disaffect people whose primary purpose is to get Rush's ratings up....

The question now becomes....who you gonna listen to? Someone who is paid to work for the country or someone who is paid to get his ratings up....?

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

I find that Rush has an education that the colleges etc can't offer. He has common sense which is SO lacking. Who would I listen to? RUSH.

I believe in Hematology.

I find that Rush has an education that the colleges etc can't offer. He has common sense which is SO lacking. Who would I listen to? RUSH.
Not bad...Rushwood. That has a ring to it. :):)

Keep fightin the good fight neighbor,

og

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Mea Culpa....You are correct when you say that "Rush has an education that the colleges etc can't offer."

I bow to your superior intellect...

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

You'd want your Republican colleagues to stop doing drugs if you wanted to work with them, wouldn't you? 'Cos it would diminish their capacity and all?

The President is just recognising what we've all known for years - a Limbaugh habit is more diminishing of mental capacity and the ability to function in the real world than even... Limbaugh's oxycontin habit.

Truth is important

I am ashamed of you people here. You would make fun of a sincere recovering addict. Those who suffer addiction still have a life to live. But for the grace of God ....

I believe in Hematology.

You'd want your Republican colleagues to stop doing drugs if you wanted to work with them, wouldn't you? 'Cos it would diminish their capacity and all?

The President is just recognising what we've all known for years - a Limbaugh habit is more diminishing of mental capacity and the ability to function in the real world than even... Limbaugh's oxycontin habit.

I would like all people to stop taking medications and get on Hans Diehl's CHIP program.

oG

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

I am ashamed of you people here. You would make fun of a sincere recovering addict. Those who suffer addiction still have a life to live. But for the grace of God ....

When someone gets the mic, and broadcasts that he hopes that the President's policys fail when it is clear that the President is working for the majority of Americans to get thier economy up and moving again....and this bozo, hopes to dash the destroy the hopes of the common class....YOU BET I'M GONNA MAKE FUN OF HIM. ....and anyone who supports Limbaugh. The man is a selfish pig. He already has his $millions. And as good as Hamas is to the palestinians, he does the same thing to you guys. Conservatism and greed got us here....you want MORE CONSERVATISM AND GREED to get us out??? Foolish, foolish, foolish man!

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
Limbaugh's oxycontin habit.

cheap shot

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

It is a very cheap shot from someone who obviously has no grasp of drug addiction - specifically prescription drug addiction.

Very Cheap. Limbaugh is an American Patriot.

What message does that cheap shot send to all those who have overcome addictions to prescriptions drugs?

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

I agree, Olger. I like Rush Limbaugh.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

I don't believe it's a cheap shot because Limbaugh sets himself up to judge other people, including calling for much more severe sentencing for users of street drugs. And he was not only addicted but broke the law to obtain drugs himself. It goes directly to his credibility to pontificate.

I have all sorts of sympathy for those addicted to any drug, but like all other addictions it's something that can be fought. If you expect that of poor people you have to also expect it of rich blowhards. The decent thing for him to have done was to perhaps start showing some compassion for others who face challenges.

Truth is important

Very Cheap. Limbaugh is an American Patriot.

What message does that cheap shot send to all those who have overcome addictions to prescriptions drugs?

You guys are like the palenstinians....You listen to Hamas/Rush and you do his bidding because he appears to make sense to you...If Rush were to tell you to jump in the way of a train, would you guys do it???? He infects you guys with negativity and it's all in the name of HIS show...I would challenge you guys to not listen to his show for 1 month...and then see if he makes sense....

George Bernard Shaw

I could not tolerate life with out a little rush.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
I don't believe it's a cheap shot because Limbaugh sets himself up to judge other people, including calling for much more severe sentencing for users of street drugs.

It was a cheap shot and defending it is horrendous.

1. All of us judge other people. Let he without sin cast the first stone.

2. Prescription drug addiction is not the same as street drug addiction. My mother was a prescription drug addict. I was a street drug addict. There is a very big distinction.

Prescription drug addicts get addicted to drugs because they have a medical problem. Once they become addicted, yes, they act like street drug addicts. They break laws and act irresponsible to get drugs. But their problem is traced back to a medical condition.

Street drug addicts get addicted because of rebellion. They are breaking the law from the moment they first try drugs. They had no respect for the law before they ever became addicted.

To say there is little distinction between my rebellious drug use and my mother's prescription drug use is to be willingly ignorant of the topic.

You guys are like the palenstinians....You listen to Hamas/Rush and you do his bidding because he appears to make sense to you...

Nope. I don't particularly like Rush. I use to some years ago but he has changed his program a lot and is not nearly as entertaining as he once was. His program use to be a lot of humor and one didn't need to agree with him a lot to enjoy the program. He is much more dogmatic now. I prefer listening to the Bible on CD rather than Rush. I give him my ear for about five or ten minutes a day just to see what he is babbling about.

• Moderators

It just astonishes me that so many Christians listen to this guy and defend him, when everything he stands for is a million miles from anything Jesus stands for. Tell me, honestly, can you imagine Jesus listening to that program? Really?

Truth is important