ClubAdventist is back!

When Christ's character shall be perfectly reproduced in his people...

Gail

Originally Posted By: Robert

As to EGW:

Do not think that, because we have a glimmer of the light of God, that we have it all.--Ms. 3, 1889, pp. 1-3. (Morning Talk at Ottawa, Kansas, May 14, 1889.)

The question has been asked me, "Do you think that the Lord has any more light for us as a people?" I answer that He has light that is new to us, and yet it is precious old light that is to shine forth from the Word of truth [the Bible']. We have only the glimmerings of the rays of the light that is yet to come to us. [1SM 401]

We have many lessons to learn, and many, many to unlearn. God and heaven alone are infallible. Those who think that they will never have to give up a cherished view, never have occasion to change an opinion, will be disappointed. [CW 37]

And you think this quote excuses error?

Mark :-)

It means EGW is not the end all, be all of Biblical knowledge. She is not the measuring stick of truth.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robert

• John317

• Richard Holbrook

Originally Posted By: Robert

Pure heresy.....You have perverted the gospel....

[/quote']

Who says?

"To him who overcomes, I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne." Rev.3:21.

Is Jesus also a heretic?

First of all fruit is not the gospel....That is not the basis of your salvation. Your salvation is "in Christ"....

"This is the victory that has [past tense] overcome the world, even our faith." In who? Christ!

What a legalistic, smug group....I'm glad I left the SDA church for it is truly Laodicea. You guys view everything from law and worse you think you are keeping that law as Christ did.....Blind!

Self-righteousness is not the wedding garment. A failure to follow the clear light of truth is our fearful danger. The message to the Laodicean church reveals our condition as a people. [RH 12-15-04]

Originally Posted By: Twilight

And you think this quote excuses error?

It means EGW is not the end all, be all of Biblical knowledge. She is not the measuring stick of truth.

You mean she was not inspired?

Is your viewpoint perfectly correct?

Do you understand more than she did?

Whenever people start deciding that they know ""more than someone who was specifically chosen by God, we should treat their "opinion" as what it is:

Uninspired...

My question is:

Do you have greater light than Ellen White Robert?

The best wisdom is always second hand...

Originally Posted By: skyblue888

First of all fruit is not the gospel....That is not the basis of your salvation. Your salvation is "in Christ"....

"This is the victory that has [past tense] overcome the world, even our faith." In who? Christ!

What a legalistic, smug group....I'm glad I left the SDA church for it is truly Laodicea. You guys view everything from law and worse you think you are keeping that law as Christ did.....Blind!

Self-righteousness is not the wedding garment. A failure to follow the clear light of truth is our fearful danger. The message to the Laodicean church reveals our condition as a people. [RH 12-15-04]

What a legalistic, smug group

And by this, your true spirit is revealed.

When someone does not agree with you, you denounce them as "legalists".

Well I am sorry Robert, but your light is darkness and I reject it as such, because of the plain teaching of the Scripture, your fruit reveals the true nature of the seed within you.

Mark

The best wisdom is always second hand...

Wow. Overdeveloped martyr complex..

blessings,

g

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Robert said, "What a legalistic, smug group....I'm glad I left the SDA church for it is truly Laodicea."

Robert just admitted that the SDA church is Leodicea, which means he believes we are the Kingdom of Heaven that the messages to the Seven Churches are sent too. I find this interesting because Robert left the SDA church because he sees the church as smug and self-righteous (which indeed we are) yet then by implication and in the same breath says we are the very Kingdom of Heaven in which Jesus Christ said we must be (John 3:3,5) in order to be saved.

Robert, you have been hoist on your own petard; by your own admission you have taken yourself out of the church that you declared to be the very Kingdom of Heaven, that Jesus Christ says you must be in to be saved. Wow, and I thought I had problems.

Hey Robert, please define "legalist". Are you married? Isn't the marriage vow a legal contract/covenant? Just remember, God does NOT 'shack up'.

Problem is, that soon the so called 'fold' will split. It is at that time the real fold will be sealed. Those who refuse to believe the truth presented by the 144k will be forever outside looking in with their teeth gnashing. What I see now is that the message we presented here is now being rejected, but it has been heard. The time for truth will be when Jesus comes like a thief. It is then that you will want to remember what you have heard---then repent and keep it--for no one practicing a lie will make it.

I don't mind reading, but I hate to waste time reading someone else's opinion of how they think things really are. Or what the Bible really says. I know what the Bible says on the subject. I will go over it again though, so I can explain it to you. My poor misguided friend on the west coast.

Do you have greater light than Ellen White Robert?

Yes, although I've learned many things from her....She had limited light....She pointed forward and said advancing light would come. Here:

The question has been asked me, "Do you think that the Lord has any more light for us as a people?" I answer that He has light that is new to us, and yet it is precious old light that is to shine forth from the Word of truth [the Bible]. We have only the glimmerings of the rays of the light that is yet to come to us. [1SM 401] saywa

Apparently you wish to stay with old light....Hence your legalistic message!

God requires perfection from His children.

How this must grate on the minds of those that believe in a spurious sanctification!

Mark

Not at all, Mark the Judaizer. Doesnt' grate on me at all....And Yes, God does require perfection. I am perfect "in Christ"....You go ahead and try out your law perfection....I'll be here to point out your failures....

What a legalistic, smug group

And by this, your true spirit is revealed.

When someone does not agree with you, you denounce them as "legalists".

Well I am sorry Robert, but your light is darkness and I reject it as such, because of the plain teaching of the Scripture, your fruit reveals the true nature of the seed within you.

Mark

Huh, legalist!

teehe

yet then by implication and in the same breath says we are the very Kingdom of Heaven in which Jesus Christ said we must be (John 3:3,5) in order to be saved.

Huh...delusional legalist.... gah

Hey Robert, please define "legalist". Are you married? Isn't the marriage vow a legal contract/covenant? Just remember, God does NOT 'shack up'.

A legalist is one that thinks he can gain heaven partially by faith and works....He'll say we aren't saved by keeping the law, we are saved by grace, but the proof of our salvation is that we keep the law. What's the end result? Law keeping to get in.....Good luck....

I saw where you left the SDA church. Do you still keep the Sabbath, or is that old light?

The Sabbath is a symbol that is mainly future...just as circumcision was to Abraham....