ClubAdventist is back!

hmmm Muslims.....

Forgiveness does not mean you accept any and all rude inconsiderate behavior.

Muslim seems to be a revered word where one must never express anything but the highest praise regardless.

We had a young man here in college. He was handicapped and had a service dog he took to class with him. One person objected on religious grounds. A muslim student refused to attend class with a dog. Instead of telling the muslim he would need to look for another classroom they dithered around with it trying to find a compromise. The student with the dog left and went to another school as his dog had been threatened by the peace loving muslims that attended college there. Of course most of the muslims attending were doing so on the taxpayers dime.

We had a mess at the airport with muslim taxi drivers. Close to a thousand drivers and the greater share muslim.They refused to let any in their cab that was traveling with their dog or may have alcohol in their luggage.

If a job interferes with their religious conviction,DON'T TAKE THE JOB.Quit forcing their religious conviction down everyone's throat.

There are far to many incidences just like this to believe that only a very few muslims do this.

If I remember my history correctly Islam as a religion has had a mighty bloody history behind it.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• LifeHiscost

• karl

• Moderators

I have a friend, a former Muslim Pastor (Iman) who is an adventist now, and can teach all but one of the 28 our of the Koran.

I would love to see him do that. Interestingly, I find it easy, as an Adventist, to find common ground with a Muslim. I'm looking forward to the day when if God will do a "Nineveh" on Riyadh, or Cairo or Tehran as well as New York or London.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Forgiveness does not mean you accept any and all rude inconsiderate behavior.

Muslim seems to be a revered word where one must never express anything but the highest praise regardless.

We had a young man here in college. He was handicapped and had a service dog he took to class with him. One person objected on religious grounds. A muslim student refused to attend class with a dog. Instead of telling the muslim he would need to look for another classroom they dithered around with it trying to find a compromise. The student with the dog left and went to another school as his dog had been threatened by the peace loving muslims that attended college there. Of course most of the muslims attending were doing so on the taxpayers dime.

We had a mess at the airport with muslim taxi drivers. Close to a thousand drivers and the greater share muslim.They refused to let any in their cab that was traveling with their dog or may have alcohol in their luggage.

If a job interferes with their religious conviction,DON'T TAKE THE JOB.Quit forcing their religious conviction down everyone's throat.

There are far to many incidences just like this to believe that only a very few muslims do this.

If I remember my history correctly Islam as a religion has had a mighty bloody history behind it.

I think I will have to agree with you Bonnie.

If any religion does not train its members to be servants of God and servants of mankind, this religion is garbage, full of slime and mold and contagious diseases. Self-centered religion is carcinogenic, highly contagious, and deadly to all who partake. Jesus dealt with toxic religion every day of his ministry, and ultimately, it killed him.

Too bad about the taxi cab drivers and students who refused to accommodate those with dogs. Just another example of toxic religion and its mean-spirited selfishness. Fortunately, Christianity in America has tempered to some extent the extreme selfishness and cold-heartedness we might otherwise suffer from, that we sometimes see in those originating from other parts of the world.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

Immigrants who come from a country where the advent message is not heard remains one of the best opportunities to spread the gospel 'back home" Those who make significant changes like relocating to a new country are more open to change in other areas.

Trouble is, so many do not have anything worth sharing, and a dead gospel is presented.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

The problems created by ethnicity, hard-line religions, and hostile nations are all caused by just one thing:

Inherent, Intrinsic, Human Selfishness

Ultimately, in harming others, we only harm ourselves by refusing to join the Kingdom of Eternal Peace.

Oh, how true it is. The I, my, mine, condition is not restricted to "they". It is a battle being fought by any who would aspire to the unselfishness of Jesus. The condition prevalent in all makes it, without equivocation, necessary to remember the battle is not won by ourselves. Nor can we setup others as the preeminately wicked among us, causing all the problems.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."Ephesians 6:12 KJV

We are not equal to the task.

" “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." John 15:5 NKJV

We would do well to admit our helplessness in the face of the evidence and realize the victories are obtained by submission, in spite of ourselves and not because we have the solution.

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."Gal 2:20 KJV

Until we are willing to be crucified, we will be the major part of our problem. They are incidental.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."Philippians 4:13 NKJV

Joy!!! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Originally Posted By: lazarus
Is that an attempt at invalidation? Just say what you feel, don't hide it. That statement is code. I'm ready to be burned! bhat Are you saying I wasn't nice? Matthew 23 wasn't nice but it was true.

Interesting that you would draw those conclusions, Lazarus. Especially in the light of the gospel and referencing your shouting.

"Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily.

It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God's love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong']. Love....is ever ready to believe the best of every person."

1 Cor 13:4,5,7 AMP brackets parenthesis theirs Bold mine LHC

Originally Posted By: lazarus
I came to America as a missionary, so I came to make things better. I don't know where folks can be forced to have one ethnicity. You can't change your ethnicity. There will only be one ideology in heaven. I'm trying to get there and to get as many there with me.

Is that a mission of the gospel? Your objectives are commendable, but if they're not in the framework of the gospel of Jesus Christ, they are doomed to failure.

Joy!!! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:
I was under the impression that you were a Christian, lazarus.

(shaking my head) This is just the kind of personalizations that we don't need. Why is it that each thread gets perverted into this? Please tell me.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
I was under the impression that you were a Christian, lazarus.

(shaking my head) This is just the kind of personalizations that we don't need. Why is it that each thread gets perverted into this? Please tell me.

It is important not to broadcast the thrust of the message "shot gun style", when there are leading participants that see the problems other than themselves, as per your post.

"‘I thank you, God, that I am not a sinner like everyone else. For I don’t cheat, I don’t sin, and I don’t commit adultery. I’m certainly not like that tax collector! I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income.’

“But the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, ‘O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.’ I tell you, this sinner, not the Pharisee, returned home justified before God. For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”" Luke 18:11-14 NLT

Joy! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

It doesn't take a whole lot to appear not as other men. Good memory for bible texts or good research tools.

Easy to critize those that have to deal with the disruption to their lives as having nothing but a dead gospel. Time and time again. Those that do not agree or go along with making special concessions for one religion are ignorant,racist or worse.

The young man needing to change schools because he feared for his service dog at the hands of a muslim. Very few religions could have even been listened to.He needed to live with it or go elsewhere. Unheard of here if you are among the protected group.

If you are those coming off a plane,needing to get to an appointment or home,not to worry.Stand in line long enough and sooner or later an "infidel" will come along and give you a ride. If you don't like it and complain,it is easy to see you have nothing but a dead gospel.

If a religious group cannot control town meetings you can bet it is racially motivated.

That is the deadly little word that can affect their business or have threats made against them

Maybe those having to try to work around this or with it have a dead gospel and aren't to christian,but they are just as important as any muslim no matter how pious the muslim may be.

I am glad I can go to another store.It isn't my store that is losing business. Or try to catch a cab at the airport to meet a deadline

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Most of us wouldn't appreciate having our neighborhood overrun by inconsiderate or demanding or dishonest people from another ethnic or religious group.

Although it didn't work for most of the really hard-core religious fanatics, Jesus did his best to kill everyone with kindness, and often enough, it worked. It was an uphill battle for him, though, because of the choke-hold that the man-made religion had on so many. Without his sympathy and kindness, he would have spoken to nearly empty churches, auditoriums, hillsides, and lakesides.

Jesus' concern for all especially arrested the attention of lost souls, usually deaf to anything connected to a phony religion infected with a nearly incurable disease, Love of Self. He taught us how do deal with our enemies... give more than what's demanded, let them slap you again on the other cheek, walk away, etc.

It's not easy, but if we're involved in religion, we're supposed to be good customer service representatives so that our religion can be viewed favorably, even by those who are rude or hostile. That's what Jesus was, a Customer Service Representative from the Kingdom of the Stars. Too bad some of the other customer service reps of religion put out a contract on his life and had him killed, even violating their own laws. He did his job without fault, though, and even though his human body was killed, he was still safe.

As long as we're alive, bad stuff will happen to most of us, but the real test will come during the Last Days. That's when all humanity will make their choice, to serve the LORD, or Satan. Many from all races, nations, and religions will take their stand for the LORD, side by side, completely forgiven of the misdeeds and crimes of their former lives. That is the day when all man-made religions die, and the barriers and prisons they've erected are torn down. Most of the faithful will pay for their loyalty with their lives, but they will still be safe, and receive their reward in the End.

After evil is no more, there will be unity and strong bonds of friendship, even among former enemies, and between victims of crime and the perpetrators. There will no longer be racial or religious or national divisions because our minds will be mostly erased, leaving much more room for the good stuff that lies ahead.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

I have a friend, a former Muslim Pastor (Iman) who is an adventist now, and can teach all but one of the 28 our of the Koran.

I'll bet that "one" that can't be substantiated from the Koran is the prophetic role of EGW.

aldona

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

Most of the faithful will pay for their loyalty with their lives, but they will still be safe, and receive their reward in the End.

After evil is no more, there will be unity and strong bonds of friendship, even among former enemies, and between victims of crime and the perpetrators. There will no longer be racial or religious or national divisions because our minds will be mostly erased, leaving much more room for the good stuff that lies ahead.

Very good post, Aliensanctuary. However I have a couple of ideas on the underlined above that you may disagree with and if you do, I hope you would give biblical evidence why.

Some of my basis for belief may be because I live in a land of comparative safety when considering some of the Christian lives being lost in other countries besides the U.S. However my belief is also based on Scriptural promises for the church as a whole indicating something else, and I would suppose this would also refer to the time of the Laodacian church, although it isn't specifically stated.

"You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,

Nor of the arrow that flies by day,

Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,

Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

A thousand may fall at your side,

And ten thousand at your right hand;

But it shall not come near you.

Only with your eyes shall you look,

And see the reward of the wicked. "

Psalms 119:5-8 NKJV

Of course, in context this is speaking to those who abide under the shadow of the Almighty, but is anyone excluded from that privilege except perhaps for a few who, in concert with God's unfathomable will, might choose to give their lives for the glory of God.

"...Jesus...said, “This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God may be glorified through it.”" John 11:3 NKJV

Joy!! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Once again Life, you have spoken wisely.

Seems as though there might be some who disagree with you, Richard. But I do thank you for the sentiment, even if it is necessary for me to use Scripture with which to reason.

I just don't happen to believe my opinions, without the Word, hold a lot of water.

Joy!! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Originally Posted By: Stan Jensen

I'll bet that "one" that can't be substantiated from the Koran is the prophetic role of EGW.

aldona

That is correct.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

At the risk of having Lazarus shout and be upset and accuse me of ignorant, bigoted, foolish remarks,there are a few things that muslims or any minority group can do to help themselves and to feel more welcome in a foreign land.

1.When you go for a drivers license,remember road signs and directions are usually printed in english. You need to be able to understand what is written. If you are having trouble with a new language there are places that will help you free of charge.Stop yelling discrimination

2.The workforce in a english speaking country typically demands you understand english. Don't use taxpayer dollars to sue for religious discrimination. There are places willing to help,free of charge.

3.Don't accept a job where you know you will be expected to violate your religious principals. Don't block the way for those not believing as you do.

4.Keep in mind most business is conducted in Brick and Mortar stores in america. Haggling over prices is acceptable in our flea markets. Keep it there once this has been explained to you.

5. Our town meetings will not and cannot schedule around your

religious practises.

6.Our schools and places of business welcome service dogs with their handicapped owners.To bad if you have a religious belief against dogs. Then you go where they are not.

7.We did not drag you kicking and screaming across our borders. Many area's of help are available for those that have requested to come here. We feed you,clothe your family,educate your children,provide housing.If you are not willing to adapt to the country of "YOUR CHOICE" perhaps there is another that can provide you with special considerations because of your religious beliefs.

No one has asked or demanded you give up your religion,your culture,your traditions.We do ask that you meet us at least part way in making your transition as easy as possible.

• Members

Good for you, Bonnie! I agree with all of your recommendations!

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Members

Does that put the Koran on the same plane as the Bible?

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Originally Posted By: Stan Jensen

Does that put the Koran on the same plane as the Bible?

Personally I think it is easy to get the idea it is superior to the bible.

To object to the conduct and the demands of muslims you are viewed at the least foolish and ignorant.

The condemnation of SDA beliefs on a SDA forum exceed what is said concerning the religion of a minority race.

If we could only be more like "them" seems to be a implied reasoning.

At the risk of having Lazarus shout and be upset and accuse me of ignorant, bigoted, foolish remarks,there are a few things that muslims or any minority group can do to help themselves and to feel more welcome in a foreign land.

1.When you go for a drivers license,remember road signs and directions are usually printed in english. You need to be able to understand what is written. If you are having trouble with a new language there are places that will help you free of charge.Stop yelling discrimination

2.The workforce in a english speaking country typically demands you understand english. Don't use taxpayer dollars to sue for religious discrimination. There are places willing to help,free of charge.

3.Don't accept a job where you know you will be expected to violate your religious principals. Don't block the way for those not believing as you do.

4.Keep in mind most business is conducted in Brick and Mortar stores in america. Haggling over prices is acceptable in our flea markets. Keep it there once this has been explained to you.

religious practises.

6.Our schools and places of business welcome service dogs with their handicapped owners.To bad if you have a religious belief against dogs. Then you go where they are not.

7.We did not drag you kicking and screaming across our borders. Many area's of help are available for those that have requested to come here. We feed you,clothe your family,educate your children,provide housing.If you are not willing to adapt to the country of "YOUR CHOICE" perhaps there is another that can provide you with special considerations because of your religious beliefs.

No one has asked or demanded you give up your religion,your culture,your traditions.We do ask that you meet us at least part way in making your transition as easy as possible.

Any Muslims that read this tirade against perhaps what a few of them may have done will be disgusted by the wording of your "rules" that insinuate they themselves may do these things.

It's really hard to modify behavior, or to create good will among the earth's neighbors. by using strong vinegar.

• Members

religious practises.

Just asking not complaining or agreeing or disagreeing! I was wondering are you placing Muslims in the minority category? And if you are, did you mean in the USA or the World as a whole? Because I would tend to believe that Muslims are by far more of a majority in the world? Just a thought. Hoping not to stir up a argument.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Quote:

Any Muslims that read this tirade against perhaps what a few of them may have done will be disgusted by the wording of your "rules" that insinuate they themselves may do these things.

It's really hard to modify behavior, or to create good will among the earth's neighbors. by using strong vinegar.

Any new SDA that read the tirade against SDA's on this forum will be disgusted by the religion they have joined.

The behavior of those that the that are guilty will not be modified as long as it is praised,excused and accepted.

Many muslims(others) it does apply to. Many it does not.

Those it does not apply to are in a better position to help those that it applies to.

When I took a couple of young people for their drivers test the waiting room was packed. Many failed their test and blamed the instructor,discrimination etc for failing.

No matter how kindly it was explained it did not stop the foot stamping and the accusations.It didn't make any difference that there were "white" people that had failed as well.

Those that were not a party to this had a much better role to play than someone that had just told them no. It was obvious some were embarrassed,but turning away and pretending it was not happening was not very productive.

BTW,which suggestion would you consider out of line.