• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sonny

• Dr. Shane

• Robert

• CoAspen

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Not if they do science like they do manufacturing and construction...

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

They were one when europe was in the dark ages. It is possible, if they give up stifling "thought".

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

• Moderators

Quote:
It is widely recognized that there will be substantially more Ph.D. engineers and scientists in China in 2010 than in the United States, as China produces three times the number of engineers per year.3 In 2001, only 5% of American 24 year olds with a bachelors degree were engineers, compared to 39% in China and 19% or more in South Korea, Taiwan, and Japan. R.E. Smalley, a Nobel Prize-winning scientist from Rice University, recently concluded that by 2010 90% of all Ph.D. physical scientists and engineers in the world will be Asians living in Asia.4 And among Asian Ph.D. engineers and scientists, most will be produced by China.

http://www.voxeu.org/index.php?q=node/1066

Truth is important

Not if they do science like they do manufacturing and construction...

Often manufactures here overstate the problems coming out of China, to try and marginize the Chinese production skills. This is going to come back and bite them.

I remember "japanese junk' as a kid, and then almost overnight if you wanted quality you looked for things made in Japan. Same thing is happening with China.

All of the iPhones and iPads as well as most macs are made there now.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

The African nation my company is working in is crawling with Chinese companies. The construction of the projects they build is rather poor which is why that government started contracting with the company I am working for. The president of that nation has told my boss that the Americans and Israelis build the best buildings in the world. Every time there is a natural disaster in the world people like him look to see whose buildings withstood the disaster and whose did not. Apparently the Chinese do not have a good record yet.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

>>...they are going to become the scientific superpower of the world..<<

Well, it does take money to fund R&D. The only development we (and Europe) seem currently capable of – is debauching our monie$.

It has been purported that China largely contributed to the 14th-17th century European Renaissance. Be that as it may, they seem to be verging another renaissance – this one, global.

They are currently shedding the skin of an amorphous form and emerging as the hegemonic Great Red Dragon with the seven industrial ‘tigers’ of the Orient serving as ‘heads’ of the Dragon.

Comparatively, our over-hyped information-based economy is a very visible, and risible, Achilles heel – exhibiting as inability to withstand cyber attacks on our intelligence systems together with

the vulnerability of our communication satellites.

By contrast to a Red Dragon, we are discovering ourselves – to be more newt-like.

Our politicos and money managers have betrayed us. We are awakening to the fact that we’ve arrived at the finalizing of Transnational Corporate Management – its Beasts arising from the sea of Admiralty or Maritime Law – the most horrendous of them paralleling

“Spiritus Mundi” of Yeat’s Second Coming – “that rough beast, its hour come round at last –

slouching towards Bethlehem (or, should I say 'Beiging'?) to be born.” –[ed.jasd]

Of the many paths China might elect to follow – it will surely include the path to the Golden Mountain; that is, the USofA – its intentions parcel the Chairman’s Long March – laid out a half-century ago and boding ill for us.

So China... will bring renaissance – but its form may be seriously scary. More Chinese were killed by forced conscription during WWII than died in actual battle – and the Red Chinese Communists bragged that they killed more than sixty million during their Revolution.

Goes to cruelty.

Ooo-laaa... –Pogo :(

(then again, Pogo and I may be wrong...)

As stan has pointed out.....China makes many fine products.

America makes many fine products...wait a minute...don't we see a lot of made in China?

Construction issues, sheesh, I can show you that in any American city!

So who has the best quality? Don't know, but should we characterize a nation with out all the information.

A short story, my daughter tried to get her product made in America, no go times 2! So where did she go?? You guessed it, China. She is a quality freak, first and last!

• Moderators

According to Bible prophecy, America will continue to be a super-power until just before the second coming of Christ. It is the earth-beast which causes the world to make an image to the sea-beast of Rev. 13.

America will collapse one day but not before it fulfills the prophecies of Rev. 13 and 14. The USA is still partly like a lamb but it is beginning already to speak like a dragon.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

According to Bible prophecy, America will continue to be a super-power until just before the second coming of Christ.

True, but through exploitation.

America is not a Christian nation. Yes, it was initially based on Christian principles, but the fact is all governments are modeled after Lucifer's system of iniquity. America seems to be Christ like, but it's a lie. America is rooted in selfishness and self-seeking. It doesn't resemble heaven in the slightest.

Take our current employment problems (really about 20%). What Washington fails to communicate to us is that it's their trade polices that have caused America's problem.

Our current trade polices allow the wealthy in our nation to exploit both Americans and Chinese workers while their profits skyrocket! Since the 90's about 50 trillion dollars have been transferred from America's middle class to the super rich.

• Moderators

Are you trying to create class warfare or hatred for the rich? That is usually the kind of thing that sort of language is intended to do.

I know full well that America is no "angel," but I love this country and its economic, political, religious freedoms, and I will be sorry to see it "speak like a dragon" even more than it already does.

America, to me, is the people, the land, and the government, but it is mostly the ideas and the dreams that make us the people we are.

America is really an ideal. America is not so much a place as it is a belief in the dignity and value of the individual and a love of freedom. It transcends party and politics.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

1 Tim 6:10 "For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil"

The diminishing trade barriers between countries has led the developed countries, especially the US, to outsource their production of goods to developing countries such as China where there are fewer health, safety, and environmental regulations and the costs of production are much lower.

This causes developing states to compete with each other by lowering the prices of their goods to lure in foreign investments. This reduction in prices decreases workers’ wages, which in turn leads to the increase in the quantity of sweatshops in developing countries. At the same time, developed countries such as the US not only exploit the cheap labor forces of developing states, they can also take advantage of these states’ natural resources.

A short story, my daughter tried to get her product made in America, no go times 2! So where did she go?? You guessed it, China. She is a quality freak, first and last!

The EPA has shut down many American manufacturing plants and moved them overseas. I wish more would go to Mexico than China but we are writing our own destiny there.

Our current trade polices allow the wealthy in our nation to exploit both Americans and Chinese workers while their profits skyrocket! Since the 90's about 50 trillion dollars have been transferred from America's middle class to the super rich.

Actually our trade policies are sharing the wealth on a global scale. Those American factories overseas are the best places to work. Those jobs allow for workers to break out of poverty. I have done missionary work in areas where much of the population is employed by either American or Japanese factories and the workers line up for the jobs as they pay more than the local factories do.

As far as wealth being transferred from the middle class to the super rich... well one has to understand that wealth is created. If we use the analogy of a pie, it isn't that a pie is divided into so many pieces and shared but the pie actually grows. So an 8 inch pie can grow to become a 12 inch or 18 inch pie. Wealth has not been transferred from one class to another. What has happened is that some classes have grown more than other classes.

Quote:
It is widely recognized that there will be substantially more Ph.D. engineers and scientists in China in 2010 than in the United States, as China produces three times the number of engineers per year.

Since China has a much larger population than the US, wouldn't one expect it to produce more engineers and scientists?

The surprising statistic may be that the US has more murders and rapists than China. One would expect the larger nation to have more criminals of such a nature.

Actually our trade policies are sharing the wealth on a global scale. Those American factories overseas are the best places to work. Those jobs allow for workers to break out of poverty.

This really makes me angry. Why did you state what is emphatically false?

There's one reason for Americans to go to third world countries: For gain! It's all about exploitation. It is to evade regulation that protect workers rights.

This world, Shane, is not based on God's agape, it is based on iniquity. For Pete's sake open your eyes man!

This world, Shane, is not based on God's agape, it is based on iniquity. For Pete's sake open your eyes man!

Here's what mankind is like without a firm relationship with Jesus Christ:

Mark 7:21 For from within, out of a person's heart, come evil motives, sexual immorality, theft, murder, 22 adultery, greed, wickedness, deceit, eagerness for lustful pleasure, envy, slander, pride, and foolishness. 23 All these vile things come from within; they are what defile you....

Conclusion: These global firms are going to developing countries not to share their wealth, but to exploit people who can't stand up to such evil. It's a window of gain and opportunity. It's unholy.

Keep in mind how our fathers did the Indians; the Chinese during the gold rush. Keep in mind how the rich southern people made slaves of black folks. Now we have exploitation, and yes even slavery, on a global level.

You must keep in mind that this world is under the control of the evil one. Both Christ & Paul called Satan "the lord of this world". This simply means that his methods are seen throughout the world we all live on.

Actually our trade policies are sharing the wealth on a global scale. Those American factories overseas are the best places to work. Those jobs allow for workers to break out of poverty.
Did you miss the piece done on nike somewhere by something like 60 minutes, some years ago?

Their workers had to live at the factory and were locked in at night.

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

These global firms are going to developing countries not to share their wealth, but to exploit people who can't stand up to such evil.