ClubAdventist is back!

Adventist Leaders Set Timetable to Study of the Theology of Ordination

CGMedley

Because your a newbie, monty, maybe this will help,

"You have a warped view of reality and of God's Truth on this subject.... Actually you are wrong.... This just a figment of you wild imagination.... You make these wild interpretations.... if you know anything at all."

Just repeat, edit/paste, those phrases ad nauseum into every thread and for every question. Then get back to me in a few weeks when you get tired of hearing it. Stick around, you'll figure it out. :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miz3

• Alchemy

• ClubV12

• Gibs

Top Posters In This Topic

:)

I would be all for women pastors and leaders except for one thing. The Bible opposes it !!

Now. It is strange credulity how WO has become an odd sacred cow of the NAD, even if it means dividing the church over it. Weird,

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Leadership and ordination are two different things.

miz3 says,

"You don't care about women."

I had to laugh at that thought. I don't support lot's of things women, or men, do. Which has nothing to do with whether I "like" or "care" for them or not. Personally I don't think women should be ordained, which is neither here nor there when it comes to how I feel about women in general.

I know what you mean ClubV12.

That's why I ignored it. LOL

Luke 12:32 NKJV

Can everyone talking about "pagan culture" both old and new please define what they mean by it?

Cause its a pretty broad subject.

• Administrators

Because your a newbie, monty, maybe this will help...

Coming from you this is amusing.. monty has been registered here since 9/26/09, for 2 years and 2 months. You have been registered here since 5/19/09, barely 4 months longer.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Members

Originally Posted By: ClubV12

Coming from you this is amusing.. monty has been registered here since 9/26/09, for 2 years and 2 months. You have been registered here since 5/19/09, barely 4 months longer.

That is interesting Tom, but I'm guessing like me, he's only seen monty posting just resently.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

miz3 wrote; "The SDA .org uses money the same way as worldly .orgs do. This is FACT. Get used to such FACTS.

Yes, the Bible says that men should love their wives. However the Bible does not say that woman should not be in leadership positions in a entity .org. You need to read the Scripture correctly. If you think differently then show me from Scripture where women are not supposed to be leaders in a .org."

Wow!

What a down to Earth woman you are.

Well, as a "real" Christian, I don't let money rule me. Regardless of what the SDA.org Church says. And when I see the SDA.org Church incorporate so they can sue a church of a few people preaching what we believe to be truth over our trademark name, then we don't need all this money after all.

So, we all need to get used to the facts, Bible facts.

Power! Oh, what power it is to have power! Don't ever let it slip through your fingers.

But, if someone talks about "authority", LOOK OUT!!

miz3 wrote; "The SDA .org uses money the same way as worldly .orgs do. This is FACT. Get used to such FACTS.

Yes, the Bible says that men should love their wives. However the Bible does not say that woman should not be in leadership positions in a entity .org. You need to read the Scripture correctly. If you think differently then show me from Scripture where women are not supposed to be leaders in a .org."

Wow!

What a down to Earth woman you are.

Well, as a "real" Christian, I don't let money rule me. Regardless of what the SDA.org Church says. And when I see the SDA.org Church incorporate so they can sue a church of a few people preaching what we believe to be truth over our trademark name, then we don't need all this money after all.

So, we all need to get used to the facts, Bible facts.

Power! Oh, what power it is to have power! Don't ever let it slip through your fingers.

But, if someone talks about "authority", LOOK OUT!!

This explains a whole lot Alchemy. You are NOT a SDA. You are a pastorchick off-shoot. As such I can understand why you do not want to get involved in discussing the Scripture and what it actually states in regard to woman and their ordination/leadership. Your group claims to understand Scripture but in actual FACT you know soooo little about it.

I have dialogued with your self proclaimed prophet before. He too thinks that he is "the real christian" and that the rest of us are pagans. I do see a whole lot of hatred for the SDA Church in the pastorchick group.

I hope everyone hears exactly what you are saying Alchemy as you continue to make alliances with those staunch SDA on this board.

I don't care who the church leaders decide is ordained. Who ordained John the Baptist? Does one have to be ordained of men or is it not the ordination of God that counts. Ordination of men can only be a recognition service of who they believe is ordained.

I don't care who gets up and speaks, I'll do the deciding pretty quick if they are ordained of God or not.

Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

May I state, one don't have to listen long to find out.

When they don't speak according to that Word, it is time to put them down from the pulpit. But is that done? No way, many keep right on and the sheeple drink it up all the time.

These feel good preacher that preach unto me smooth things are every where in all the denominational churches of the world. All of them are worldly churches.

Sound doctrine is a thing that is almost a thing of the past.

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

A Freeman In Jesus Christ

What ever the decision, what ever is preached from the pulpit that we don't agree with, there is no excuse for leaving the church over it.

Our Pastors and leaders are not John the Baptist. The church is organized and structured according to Gods plans. Those who would be ordained must show their calling to those appointed by God to do the ordination. Or, they can become lay preachers if they prefer. Whatever we think, we are to submit our opinions to those whom God has appointed to lead the church. We can use pen, voice and personal witness to effect change, revival and reformation. But at the same time, we must also do so with respect for leadership and support with our tithes, offerings and membership for God's church.

I don't care who the church leaders decide is ordained. Who ordained John the Baptist? Does one have to be ordained of men or is it not the ordination of God that counts. Ordination of men can only be a recognition service of who they believe is ordained.

I don't care who gets up and speaks, I'll do the deciding pretty quick if they are ordained of God or not.

Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

May I state, one don't have to listen long to find out.

When they don't speak according to that Word, it is time to put them down from the pulpit. But is that done? No way, many keep right on and the sheeple drink it up all the time.

These feel good preacher that preach unto me smooth things are every where in all the denominational churches of the world. All of them are worldly churches.

Sound doctrine is a thing that is almost a thing of the past.

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

I don't know if we would agree on the specifics or on to whom this applies but I do agree with you in your general thrust.

Being ordained of/by God trumps any ordination of some .org. In fact the .org ordination has very little if any value. Thus, what does it matter if the .org ordains woman or not? The answer is clear, it does not matter which is why it is sooo silly for those of the .org to oppose the .org from ordaining woman. Yet some SDA think it a "mortal sin" for woman to become ordained/leaders.

If your not ordained by the church your a layman, not an official representative of the church. There are lots of good folks doing good works who fit this description. They should not be confused with those specifically set aside by the Lord.

There is a list of basic beliefs and/or doctrines of the Seventh-day Adventist church. All of them can and are supported by the bible and the bible alone. Not with one verse, but by anywhere from 5 to 10 at a minimum. It is a myth to think that Ellen White is a requirement to sustain them.

I'll wait upon the Lord working through the highest authority on earth, the General Conference, to render a decision on the ordination of women. When that has been done, I will respect that decision regardless of what it is. As should any official member of the Adventist church, any protest should be done with that in mind. Not to scatter God's people, but to draw them closer together.

• Moderators

Originally Posted By: ClubV12

The "newbie" applies to monty because he has only posted 24 times. ClubV12 has posted a couple thousand.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

What they are doing is a Theological/Biblical paper on the topic of ordination.. best to wait and read it.

I look forward to reading it. Do you know when it's expected to be published?

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

What ever the decision, what ever is preached from the pulpit that we don't agree with, there is no excuse for leaving the church over it.

.... Whatever we think, we are to submit our opinions to those whom God has appointed to lead the church. We can use pen, voice and personal witness to effect change, revival and reformation. But at the same time, we must also do so with respect for leadership and support with our tithes, offerings and membership for God's church.

I agree with you, ClubV12. We need to keep these things in mind. Satan is the one who is trying to drive wedges between SDAs. God would have us draw closer together.

The "newbie" applies to monty because he has only posted 24 times. ClubV12 has posted a couple thousand.

Posting has nothing to do whether you are new or not. For all we know "monty" could have been listening and reading thousands of posts during this time and only recently decided to post anything. This seems to be the pattern of many on this board.

Thus, John317 the date is the best marker of experience unless "monty" tells us different.

They have no problems with them meeting.

I do have a problem when they impersonate the Church.

Just my opinion.

But, what does that mean to impersonate the church?

If they preach the same message, are we going to try and stop them?

I would like to have more details on a couple of these instances, but it really sounds bad.

miz3,

More false charges about some pastorchick group I have no idea about. You can't substantiate your false claims.

Read Matthew 5:21-26.

Most of the seminaries are "cemetaries" from what I've seen and to make pastors out of the ones that come out of them over the lay people is crazy. Wisdom comes from God, not men. Who did Jesus need to be sent to to learn "letter", none of men!

Where did EGW get her wisdom from with only a 3'rd grade education of men which in her day is far ahead of today. No, the seminaries don't make Godly men, it just makes a way for some men to live and higher than most.

Again folks we are the ones who got to sort them out, they must speak the light and truth of His Word and especially on the Savation issue which is the skewed one today.

Most of the seminaries are "cemetaries" from what I've seen and to make pastors out of the ones that come out of them over the lay people is crazy. Wisdom comes from God, not men. Who did Jesus need to be sent to to learn "letter", none of men!

Where did EGW get her wisdom from with only a 3'rd grade education of men which in her day is far ahead of today. No, the seminaries don't make Godly men, it just makes a way for some men to live and higher than most.

Again folks we are the ones who got to sort them out, they must speak the light and truth of His Word and especially on the Savation issue which is the skewed one today.

Excellent post, Gibs.

But, in the Old Testament, there existed the school of the prophets. This is where we get the idea of having schools to trained people in the Lord's work.

When rock music is played loud out over the PA system that covers the whole campus what kind of school of what is that? Rock music is not of God and anymore it is loved in all the churches of the world. Rock music is a tool of Satan. Of course rock isn't the only kind of music Satan uses, he is a master of music to use in his evil purposes to instill in the minds of men false and dangerous things.

Many true ones of God started to go through these seminaries of the world and have to refuse them for what is being taught.

Where did Jesus go to learn "letter"? None of the schools of men. The schools of men may have started well but soon get corrupted.

When I was in the Military I studied Bible with a Catholic boy that was studying to become a priest. After some time he says, you've shown me the truth, but my priest says I must quit studying with you. I asked him why then he was going to continue on then. He says, well I need a way to be able to make a good living in life. Put on the cloths, the pomp and act and one becomes a man of which God?

Men are desparate to have a secure way to see for survival and have the niceties of this present world is very often the case.

Today they are taught to use SNLP,super neuroliguistic programing, and more to be able to take over the minds of the ones they are speaking to.

The truth of the Word only is to be projected accompanied by the Holy Spirit is the only safe guide and way. When they prance back and forth and all kinds of gestures and expressions, beware, the best course may be to get up and leave.

The right appeal is setting forth the truth and sometimes repeated to make sure it is caught as the sleeping ones may need it three times to even realize what was put out.

Quit hearing the programmers, they are easy to spot by knowing His Word. Don't watch the ones that gesture and prance around like demons, listen discerning whether you want to stay any longer.

When rock music is played loud out over the PA system that covers the whole campus what kind of school of what is that? Rock music is not of God and anymore it is loved in all the churches of the world. Rock music is a tool of Satan. Of course rock isn't the only kind of music Satan uses, he is a master of music to use in his evil purposes to instill in the minds of men false and dangerous things.

Many true ones of God started to go through these seminaries of the world and have to refuse them for what is being taught.

Where did Jesus go to learn "letter"? None of the schools of men. The schools of men may have started well but soon get corrupted.

When I was in the Military I studied Bible with a Catholic boy that was studying to become a priest. After some time he says, you've shown me the truth, but my priest says I must quit studying with you. I asked him why then he was going to continue on then. He says, well I need a way to be able to make a good living in life. Put on the cloths, the pomp and act and one becomes a man of which God?

Men are desparate to have a secure way to see for survival and have the niceties of this present world is very often the case.

Today they are taught to use SNLP,super neuroliguistic programing, and more to be able to take over the minds of the ones they are speaking to.

The truth of the Word only is to be projected accompanied by the Holy Spirit is the only safe guide and way. When they prance back and forth and all kinds of gestures and expressions, beware, the best course may be to get up and leave.

The right appeal is setting forth the truth and sometimes repeated to make sure it is caught as the sleeping ones may need it three times to even realize what was put out.

Quit hearing the programmers, they are easy to spot by knowing His Word. Don't watch the ones that gesture and prance around like demons, listen discerning whether you want to stay any longer.

I agree that music has gotten more and more wicked as time goes on. The SDA Church feels it must accommodate some worldly trends amongst the youth. I guess it's because two-thirds of the church is supposed to be 30 years old or less.

Maybe the church has gotten too political? There was the recent issue with LaSierra teaching evolution as the best explanation for the existence of the universe. But, this was eventually addressed and taken care of.

I would hope there are some schools left that are worth sending our children to.

I don't have children in school anymore, whew, what a challenge that is to bring them up in the spirit of the Lord! To late for mine, I never knew....

BUT, if I had to do it again I would consider TWO options BEFORE I sent them to our typical Adventist school system.

One would be home schooling.

Two would be one of the many self supporting schools I keep reading about. I like what I see in that regard.

For higher education they may well be able to handle themselves if they have had a good primary and secondary education first. We can't expect ANY school to do the work for us, Christian education begins in the home, parents working closely with the "school", whatever it is.