Help me to keep learning every day of my life--
no matter what the subject may be.
Let me be convinced that all knowledge leads to you
and let me know how to find you and love you
in all the things you have made.

Encourage me when the studies are difficult
and when I am tempted to give up
Enlighten me when my brain is slow
and help me to grasp the truth held out to me.

Grant me the grace to put my knowledge to use
in building the kingdom of God on earth
so that I may enter the kingdom of God in heaven.
Amen.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members
20 hours ago, phkrause said:

Child's Prayer for Protection

Anonymous

Angel of God, my Guardian dear,
To whom God's love commits me here;
Ever this day, be at my side
To light and guard
To rule and guide.

why would one pray to an angel?

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Members
1 hour ago, rudywoofs (Pam) said:

why would one pray to an angel?

I know I wouldn't, but children! Not sure that they have an understanding about stuff like that!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

God’s Healing in My Financial Matters

anonymous

"I have seen his ways, but I will heal him; I will guide him and restore comfort to him." -Isaiah 57:18 Lord, I ask for healing in my financial life. I have not always done right, and circumstances have put me behind—but I want things to be better. I ask that You would restore my marriage relationship as my husband and I seek to work through our conflicts over money. I ask that You would guide me in the wise us of my resources and replenish what I have lost. I want to honor You, Lord, and be a blessing to others.

phkrause

• Members

For Our Nation

Jim & Kaye Johns

Father, I'm praying for our nation that was founded on Your principles and was once devoted to You...

Father, You have promised in Your Word that if we, Your people who are called by Your name—we Christians, the church—will humble ourselves and pray, seek Your face and turn from our wicked ways, You will hear and heal our land. (2 Chronicles 7:14)

It is we, Your children, who must come in repentance, for those who are lost cannot even understand their sins; such things must be spiritually discerned. Grant us repentance. Show us where our hearts have turned away from You. Give the lost to Christ. (1 Corinthians 2:14; Acts 5:31; Ezekiel 6:9; John 18:9)

You are a refuge for the poor and needy, a shelter from the storm, a shade from the heat. But You are also our God who deals with Your people as Your vineyard. When we go our own way, bearing bad fruit instead of good, You have said You will take away our hedge and break down our wall. (Isaiah 25:4; 5:1–6)

Have mercy on Your wayward people. We pray in hope because of Your great love, knowing that Your compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. Help us examine and test our ways—and return to You. (Lamentations 3:22–23, 40)

In Jesus' name, amen.

phkrause

• Members

Comfort the Grieving

Jim & Kaye Johns

Father, I pray for (name one or more) and others in my circle of family and friends who are grieving...

They're hurting for many reasons, and I ask You to help them through this season of loss. I reach out to You, the Father of compassion and the Source of every comfort, asking You to touch them with Your unfailing love and kindness. Be their God who comforts them as they're going through their struggles, and bring them through the tough things ahead. Come alongside them in their pain, and strengthen them so they'll one day be able to help others who face the same struggles. (2 Corinthians 1:3–4; Psalm 33:22; 1 Samuel 20:14a)

You're close to people whose hearts are breaking, those who are discouraged and have given up hope. May You who see their troubles and grief respond when they cry out. (Psalm 34:18; 10:14a, 17)

When they're hurting, help them find their joy in You, for it's Your joy that will be their strength. Help them to trust You as their God of hope. Fill them with Your joy, peace, and hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Help them experience the love, joy, and peace that are the results of His life in them, no matter what they're going through. (Nehemiah 8:10b; Romans 15:13; Galatians 5:22)

May they sense Your presence in this hour of need. In Jesus' name, Amen.

phkrause

• Members

To Worship in Spirit and Truth

Jim & Kaye Johns

Father, I'm praying that (name one or more) and others in my circle of family and friends will worship You in spirit and in truth...

May they learn to worship You in spirit, for You are spirit, and You have created us in Your image with spirit, soul, and body. May they worship You by the Spirit of God. (John 4:24; Genesis 1:26a, 27a; 1 Thessalonians 5:23; Philippians 3:3a)

May they never have an idol in their lives—anyone or anything more important to them than You. May their worship be pleasing to You, and even in the midst of disappointment or great sorrow, may they turn to You in worship. May they surrender themselves to You completely as living sacrifices— for that in itself is a spiritual act of worship. (Ezekiel 14:3; Romans 12:1; 2 Samuel 12:19–20)

Help them worship You in spirit and in truth—the truth of Who You are as You have revealed Yourself to be in the Scriptures—not the God they want You to be or imagine You are. May they worship You in the truth of how You have revealed Yourself through their personal relationship with You. ( John 4:23; Exodus 3:14; John 4:22; 17:3)

May their worship come from the heart. In Jesus' name, amen.

phkrause

• Members

The Fruits of the Earth

Anonymous

For seasonable weather, and for an abundance of the fruits of the earth, let us pray to the Lord. Lord, have mercy.

phkrause

• Members

Just for Today

Sy­bil F. Par­tridge

Lord, for tomorrow and its needs,
I do not pray;
Keep me, my God, from stain of sin
Just for today.

Let me both diligently work,
And duly pray.
Let me be kind in word and deed,
Just for today.

Let me be slow to do my will,
Prompt to obey;
Help me to sacrifice myself
Just for today.

And if today my tide of life
Should ebb away,
Give me thy Sacraments divine,
Sweet Lord today.

So for tomorrow and its needs
I do not pray,
But keep me, guide me, love me, Lord,
Just for today.

phkrause

• Members

In Gratitude for Family and Friends

Anonymous

Blessed are You, loving Father,
For all your gifts to us.
Blessed are You for giving us family and friends
To be with us in times of joy and sorrow,
To help us in days of need,
And to rejoice with us in moments of celebration...

Father,
We praise You for Your Son Jesus,
Who knew the happiness of family and friends,
And in the love of Your Holy Spirit.
Blessed are you for ever and ever.

phkrause

• Members

Prayer for Those in Physical Pain

Maureen Pratt

Oh Lord, help me to feel your calming hand upon me
when I am in pain.
Let your ever-loving comfort enfold me,
And give me the heart to see
that in my suffering, I am becoming
closer to you...
and more divine.

phkrause

• Members

Keep Us From Pettiness

Mary Stewart, Queen of Scots

Keep us, O God, from pettiness; let us be large in thought, in word, in deed.
Let us be done with faultfinding and leave off self-seeking.
May we put away all pretenses and meet each other, face to face, without self-pity and without prejudice.
May we never be hasty in judgment and always generous.
Let us take time for all things; make us to grow calm, serene, gentle.
Teach us to put in action our better impulses-straightforward and unafraid.
Grant that we may realize it is the little things of life that create difficulties; that in the big things of life we are as one.
Oh, Lord, let us not forget to be kind.
Amen.

phkrause

• Members

Thank You, Father

Anonymous

Thank you, Father, for bread and meat.
Thank you for the friends we meet.
Thank you for our Moms and Dads.
Thank you for the love we have.
Thank you for our work and play.
Thank you for another day.
In Jesus' name.
Amen.

phkrause

• Members

Bring Me Home to Thy Fold

Jerome (c. 342-420)

O good shepherd, seek me out, and bring me home to thy fold again.
Deal favorably with me according to thy good pleasure,
till I may dwell in thy house all the days of my life,
and praise thee for ever and ever with them that are there.

phkrause

• Members

Deliver Us From Fear

Akanu Ibaim

O Lord, we beseech thee to deliver us from the fear of the unknown future; from fear of failure; from fear of poverty; from fear of bereavement; from fear of loneliness; from fear of sickness and pain; from fear of age; from fear of death. Help us, O Father, by thy grace to love and fear thee only, fill our hearts with cheerful courage and loving trust in thee; through our Lord and Master Jesus Christ.

phkrause

• Members

Springtime Prayer

Ralph Waldo Emerson

For flowers that bloom about our feet,
For tender grass, so fresh, so sweet,
For song of bird, and hum of bee,
For all things fair we hear or see,
Father in heaven, we thank Thee!

For blue of stream and blue of sky,
For pleasant shade of branches high,
For fragrant air and cooling breeze,
For beauty of the blooming trees,
Father in heaven, we thank Thee!

phkrause

• Members

Make Me Brave for Life

Author Unknown

God, make me brave for life: oh, braver than this.
Let me straighten after pain, as a tree straightens after the rain,
Shining and lovely again.
God, make me brave for life; much braver than this.
As the blown grass lifts, let me rise
From sorrow with quiet eyes,
Knowing Thy way is wise.
God, make me brave, life brings
Such blinding things.
Help me to keep my sight;
Help me to see aright
That out of dark comes light.

phkrause

• Members

Prayer for Strength and Faith

anonymous

In the name of Jesus Christ, I pray, Dear Lord, see me through these hard times. In these troubling times, I am filled with unspeakable fears. I reach out my hand to you now, And ask you to walk besides me. I cannot carry all my burdens, But I know you can, and will. Please walk beside me. Please guide me. Please help me hold on strong, Through the trials and storms. Help me hold on to my faith, In even the darkest hour. Stay with me Lord, And show me Your way. In your love and Holy Spirit I abide. Amen.

phkrause

• Members

Thank You for the Special Things

Anonymous

Dear God,
We thank you for our food,
for life and joy and play,
We thank you for the special things
you give to us this day.

phkrause

• Members

Thank You for My Life

Debbie Gisonni

Dear God, thank you for my life on this earth, however challenging or not.

Thank you for giving me free will to love and be loved, to make my own decisions, to learn from my mistakes, to laugh when I am happy, to cry when I am sad.

Thank you for my family, my friends, my pets, my colleagues, and for every other living creature I meet along my journey.

Thank you for giving me strength to overcome adversity, to do what's right for the benefit of the greater good, to rise above negativity.

Thank you for giving me hope for an end to world suffering, pain, and war, for a beginning of a world filled with light and everlasting love.

phkrause

• Members

Jesus, Be Our Guest

Anonymous

Before the meal we pray:
Come Lord Jesus,
Be our guest,
And let these gifts
To us be blest. Amen

phkrause

• Members

A Collect for Peace

Anonymous

O God, who art the author of peace and lover of concord, in knowledge of whom standeth our eternal life, whose service is perfect freedom: Defend us, thy humble servants, in all assaults of our enemies; that we, surely trusting in thy defense, may not fear the power of any adversaries; through the might of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

phkrause

• Members

Jesus, Be Our Guest

Anonymous

Before the meal we pray:
Come Lord Jesus,
Be our guest,
And let these gifts
To us be blest. Amen

phkrause

• Members

To Be Content Alone

Jim & Kaye Johns

Father, I'm praying for (name one or more) and others in my circle of family and friends who are single...

For these who are not married and may find it troubling, I ask You to help them learn to be content with being single, as well as with any other issues or circumstances of life they find themselves in. (Philippians 4:11b)

Help them delight in You, for You have said when we do, You'll give us the desires of our heart. May their desires match Your desires, Your will and plan for their lives; then fulfill Your purpose for them. (Psalm 37:4; 57:2; 138:8)

If Your plan is for them to be married, give them the grace to wait on You, to be strong and take heart. As they wait, help them to keep Your ways, discerning what is best, keeping pure and blameless in Your sight. (Psalm 27:14; 37:34; Philippians 1:10)

I ask Your special touch on those who are single parents, because managing a home without a spouse can be difficult. May they put their hope in You, continuing night and day in prayer. May others in the body of Christ respond to their needs as they would want to be helped if they were alone. (1 Timothy 5:5; Matthew 7:12)

May they be fulfilled in Christ. In Jesus' name, amen.

phkrause

• Members

Thanksgiving for a Beginning of Recovery

Anonymous

O Lord, your compassions never fail and your mercies are new every morning: We give you thanks for giving our brother/sister ___ both relief from pain and hope of health renewed. Continue in him, we pray, the good work you have begun; that he, daily increasing in bodily strength, and rejoicing in your goodness, may so order his life and conduct that he may always think and do those things that please you; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

phkrause