ClubAdventist is back!

Faux News: You decide!

lazarus

• Moderators

Here and interesting link presenting some video-caps from Faux news. You decide.

http://welcome-to-pottersville.blogspot.com/2007/03/fox-news-at-its-finest.html

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Thank God for FOXNews. I am glad they are on SkyAngel. They certainly provide a perspective that isn't found in the rest of the networks. I also like their fair and balanced coverage. When reporting political news they will show a clip from a Republican speaking and then one from a Democrat. Of course a lot of conservatives watch FOXNews, so the conservative hosts tend to get the best ratings and thus more airtime but even they bring on a lot of liberal guests to balance themselves out.

It is a different approach to news. Most networks try to be objective. That is, they try not to show a preference for one side or the other. FOXNews doesn't try to do that. They recognize that there are at least two sides to each story. That is, at least two ways a story can be spun. What other network, for example, was asking if a crime was even committed in the Libby case? They think outside of the box. That is refreshing.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Shane, quoting people from the two sides of a story does not make it balanced - especially when you get to pick the two sides.

There are two obvious techniques that Fox practises.

• Not presenting the whole case.

For example, you pick the strongest argument and the best presenter for the case that men should wear ties to church, and the weakest argument and the worst presenter for the opposing view.

• Not presenting the case at all.

For example, you simply ignore the cases that don't support the side that you want to support. You don't even discuss the case of the teenagers poor taste in shoes.

This does not result in a fair and balanced view, no matter how often you repeat some silly slogan.

It is actually worse than the traditional news media. It is an outlet for the propaganda of the people who control the content.

/Bevin

• Moderators

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

I think the problems is they would not be asking that same question if a democrat was convicted.

Einstein

FOXNews does basically what we see on the News Hour with Jim Lehrer and the Sunday morning talk shows like Meet The Press, This Week and Face The Nation. Since they get such good ratings we may see other news outlets go to this type of format in the future.

Of course liberals have hated FOXNews since it started because the mainstream media has had a liberal bias for many years and FOXNews gave conservatives a voice. As a result, liberals continue to try and label FOXNews as being a mouthpiece for the GOP. As a moderate, I don't buy it. I certainly don't care for the likes of Sean Hanity but to say that Geraldo Rivera and Alan Combs make weak arguments is being less than fair to them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Watch this: See if you can spot the April fool.

Einstein

Don't be played for a fool.

Britney speared by poll

Don't trust idealogical sites. I have said it before and it bares repeating. Most of the time they are guilty of selective reporting. He we see outright misleading slander.

• Moderators

it was fun though!

Einstein