ClubAdventist is back!

Wind relief

puddles

We are experiencing some really high winds right now and we would really appreciate it if you could offer a little prayer for our rafters. Usually the winds come from the west but this time, it's from the southeast and they are something else! I'm guessing the gusts we're getting right now is about 30+ mph! scared

Thank you!

Blessings

Puddles

Thank you for the prayers. We got off lucky, the rafters survived and all we lost was our electric between 12am and 1 am. A co-worker guestimated the gusts got as high at 40 mpg so... thumbsup THANKS!!!

Blessings!

Puddles

Spray foam insulation can actually hold a structure together during a high wind load.

olger

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Hey Olger!

My dh is considering using spray foam on the inside of the roof. However, we aren't finished even putting up the rafters completely, we lack 9 sets to be finished and even then we have to finish them down to the bottom. I hope I'm making sense, can you tell I'm not very good at describing construction? lol He has said each rafter will be nearly 37 feet long when complete and we will have 45 sets of rafters when it's all said and done.

I'll tell him what you said. We need all the advice we can get so thank you very much!

Have a nice evening!

Puddles