ClubAdventist is back!

Your Worth

Taylor

Gary Smalley did something that captivated the crowd. Before an audience of nearly ten thousand people, Gary held out a crisp fifty-dollar bill and asked them, “Who would like this fifty-dollar bill?” Hands started going up everywhere.

“I am going to give this fifty dollars to one of you,” he said “but first let me do this.” He proceeded to crumple up the bill. Then he asked, “Who still wants it?” The same hands went up in the air.

“Well,” he continued, “what if I do this?” He dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up all crumpled and dirty. “Now, no still wants it?” Again, hands went into the air.

“You have all learned a valuable lesson,” Gary said, “no matter what I do to the money, you still want it because it doesn’t’ decrease in value. It is still wroth fifty dollars.”

Gary’s simple illustration underscores a profound point. Many times in our lives we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make or the circumstances that come our way. We may feel as though we are worthless, insignificant in our own eyes and in the eyes of others. But no matter what has happened or what will happen, we never lose our value as human beings. Nothing can take that away. Never forget that.”

Page 4, 25 Ways to Win with People by John C. Maxwell.

Taylor,

I love this illustration!! :---) There are times when I feel that I am worth nothing and I mentally go down the list of things that I am not doing, should do, have not accomplished in my life and never will, etc, etc. Then you can imagine where that leaves me....in deepest dispair!! :GAH

I will remember this illustration when I get into that negative mind set and remember that I AM worth something-- to God-- and what else matters, after all? tongue

Thank you for posting this message which has given me courage after a long day. flower

Morning Glory

Kindness is the oil that takes the friction out of life.