ClubAdventist is back!

Ration Toilet Paper - Save The Earth

Dr. Shane

Sheryl Crow:

Save The Earth

Quote:
One of my favorites is in the area of forest conservation which we heavily rely on for oxygen. I propose a limitation be put on how many squares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting. Now, I don't want to rob any law-abiding American of his or her God-given rights, but I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where 2 to 3 could be required.

If I say it once, I have to say it a million times. Liberals will pass a Sunday law just as fast (if not faster) than religious conservatives will. They just need to be convinced it is pro-environment or pro- some other pet cause and they will hop on that band wagon.

Toilet paper can be made out of trees that grow quickly and are easily replaced. When these trees are grown they use CO2 and when we use them in paper the CO2 stays in the paper and is flushed down the stool. So the more toilet paper we use, the more of these trees they will grow and the more CO2 will be taken out of the environment. These trees are a crop, like corn. I hope we don't see a save-the-corn movement soon.

Deforestation is a problem in much of the world. The forest is cut down and the land is then developed for other purposes. That is a real problem that needs to be dealt with. In the United States it is not nearly the issue it is in other nations. Many cities have passed landscaping ordinances that require a specific number of trees to be planted for every so-many square feet of building that is erected. The paper industry can operate just fine without impacting deforestation. What impact deforestation is population growth.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

I'm reminded of a new (to me) word I ran into recently: bumf. That'll make a good one for Word of the Day, I thought, until I looked it up on Dictionary.com. Turns out to be a British slang expression for unwanted paperwork, pamplets, ads in the mail, etc. It might help solve save trees to take the slang word literally.

dAb

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

I guess Rosie O'Donnel made a vulgar comment which basically said she could never make do with just one square.

Quote:
Sheryl Crow:

Save The Earth

If I say it once, I have to say it a million times. Liberals will pass a Sunday law just as fast (if not faster) than religious conservatives will. They just need to be convinced it is pro-environment or pro- some other pet cause and they will hop on that band wagon.

Ok, I clicked on the link, and got a Washington Post report of a blog from Sherly Crow regarding some ideas for earth day that they have...they have control issues and the conservative Washington Post says THIS stuff is considered newsworth let alone "liberal"...

Oh, boy... here I am, reading information that is considered 'newsworthy' filtered by one conservative and posted by another as 'gospel truth' and 'typical of the liberal wing'...oh brother, why do I even bother responding to such rediculious claims...Isn't this called "spin" in your book Shane???? Oh, I am sorry, this oost was to promote the exchange of ideas.....Sorry, this is nothing more to lamblast a mythical liberal agenda that simply doesn't exist.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

1 or 2 squares?

maybe she passes blossoms!

I wont comment on what I pass

All progress in the Spiritual Life is knowing and Loving GOD

"there is non upon earth that I desire besides YOU" PS 73:25

That perspective changes EVERYTHING-suffering and adversity are the means that makes us hungry for GOD. Disapointments will wean us away wordly occupations. Even sin(when repented of) becomes a mechanism to push us closer to HIM as we experience His Love and Forgiveness.

• Moderators

I'm reasonably sure she was actually trying to be funny with this post: not succeeding, perhaps, but the aim was satirical rather than serious, I suspect.

Truth is important

It's a joke! Check out CNN's website or Sheryl Crowe's blog.

Halfstep Denise

"If you're all God has, is God in trouble?

-- Dr. Frederick K.C. Price

They are now claiming it was a joke but initially both liberals, like Rosie O'Donnell and conservatives, like Rush Limbaugh, took her seriously.

They are now claiming it was a joke but initially both liberals, like Rosie O'Donnell and conservatives, like Rush Limbaugh, took her seriously.

Whose is "they" ? The liberal media??? Are you refering to the Washington Post perhaps, aka a concervative paper? Just what is going on here, Shane?

This dog is chasing it's tail and ain't fit to hunt....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
Whose is "they" ?

Sheryl Crow and Laurie David

And why did the editors of the conservative Washington Post not know that it was a joke? They are the last bastion of good reading, but instead, these conservative editors are posting a blog that wasn't all that interesting in the first place...a bunch of diary jottings of ideas.... What's with that?????

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
why did the editors of the conservative Washington Post not know that it was a joke?

Perhaps the same reason Rosie O'Donnel didn't know it was a joke? I didn't hear it so I am not in a position to answer such a question. Bottom line is that regardless if it was a joke or not, toilet paper does not cause deforestation, population growth does. Toilet paper can be made from quick growing trees that are harvested and replanted like crops. So regardless if it was a joke or not, it shows she is uninformed about the issue.

Quote:
Perhaps the same reason Rosie O'Donnel didn't know it was a joke? I didn't hear it so I am not in a position to answer such a question.

What kind of reasoning is this???? Rosie IS NOT involved in the decision making of what goes into a public newspaper like the editors are. These conservative editors are the trust ones to present truth to the public and these same are those who influence people like Rosie O'Donnel. Are you trying to justify this lying, this deception, this explaining away the reasonings of conservative coersion? Is this mindless justification reasonable??? Would you justify God IF He lied to humanity?

George Bernard Shaw

Just tagging on here...

I think I'll keep on using my favorite recycled toilet paper.

You folks should all come to Australia. We have a great recycling program and we now have several different brands available of 2-ply and 3-ply 100% recycled paper, quilted for extra softness and some even has pretty patterns done with non-toxic vegetable dyes.

It's made from shredded office waste paper, so there's an endless supply, and you can use as much as you want. And it costs about the same as the regular brands (or just a few cents per roll more).

aldona

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

Aldona, perhaps you should be careful with your invitations! If they ALL came to Australia, then perhaps our environmentally friendly, recycled, quilted, patterned toilet paper might just be in short supply. What then??????? Do you think we can trust them????

"Grace is God doing for us, in us and through us that which He requires of us but which is impossible for us to do in or for ourselves."

But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor. 12:9.

The fact that toilet paper can be made from recycled product is itself proof that it is not a cause of deforestation. Paper can be made from young trees that are planted and harvested within a few years. Paper production doesn't require deforestation.

If we want to prevent deforestation we need to focus on laws regulating the development of forest areas which prohibit the wide spread clearing of an area. In the areas I work, when we clear off trees for construction, we have to plant new trees to replace them. We are required to submit landscaping plans with our building plans. The Parks and Recreation Department has to inspect our project site before the governing authority gives the owner a Certificate of Occupancy. Some areas are stricter than other areas. These types of laws go much further to preventing deforestation than does rationing toilet paper.

Another cause of deforestation are forest fires. These can be better controlled by actually allowing logging companies to go into virgin forests and thin them out under government regulation.

Here is some examples. A lot of trees are cut down to make parking lots. Some cities have requirements to have a specific number of trees of a specific size based on the number of parking stalls in the parking lot itself.

LID_commercial_lot.JPG

12048-md.jpg

Few developers will put trees in a parking lot unless the governing code requires them to.