ClubAdventist is back!

Apples of Gold

D. Allan

"The God of the Christians is a God who makes the soul feel that He is her only good, that her only rest is in Him, that her only delight is in loving Him; and who makes her at the sme time abhor the obstacles which keep her back, and prevent her from loving God with all her strength."

BLAISE PASCAL (1623-1662), French scientist and philosopher, from "Pensées"

dAb

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• D. Allan

• ChildOfGod4Ever

• Gail

• Woody

"A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself. What a man can be, he must be."

-ABRAHAM MASLOW (1808-1970), American psychologist, the 'father' of humanistic psychology.

dAb

"Christianity's roots were small and humble - an itinerant rabbi preached and did miracles for three and a half years around the countryside of subjugated Israel. And today there are more than 1.8 billion professing believers in Him in most of the nations on earth!....

Emperors and governors were the men with power in Christ's day.... They have no followers today. No one worships them. No one serves them or awaits their bidding."

-D. JAMES KENNEDY (1930-) Presbyterian clergyman and founder, Coral Ridge Ministries, From "What If Jesus Had Never Been Born?"

dAb

The Christian way is different; harder and easier. Christ says, 'Give me All. I don't want so much of your time and so much of your money and so much of your work: I want YOU. I have not come to torment your natural self, but to kill it. No half-measures are any good. I don't want to cut off a branch here and a branch there, I want to have the whole tree down. I don't want to drill the tooth, or crown it, or stop it, but to have it out. Hand over the whole natural self, all the desires which you think innocent as well as the ones you think wicked - the whole outfit. I will give you a new self instead. In fact, I will give you Myself: my own will shall become yours."

-C. S. LEWIS (1898-1963), English novelist, essayist, and educator, From The Joyful Christian

dAb

Then you believe that God wants us to be puppets or marionettes.. We do the dancing but He pulls the strings???

dAb

"If you get simple beauty and nought else, you get about the best God invents."

ROBERT BROWNING (1812-1889), English Victorian poet

dAb

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. -Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

dAb

Iron rusts from disuse, stagnant water loses its purity, and in cold weather becomes frozen; even so does inaction sap the vigors of the mind.

-Leonardo da Vinci (1452-1519), Renaissance artist

dAb

""Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone."

- Pablo Picasso (1881-1973), Spanish painter and sculptor

dAb

"Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it. "

-Salvador Dali (1904-1989), Spanish painter and sculptor

dAb