ClubAdventist is back!

Daily Bible Trivial facts

• Administrators

When Joseph found out that Mary was pregnant, he wanted to divorce her quietly. Even though they were only engaged, that was the proper way to be dismissed from the obligation- Matthew 1:19

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gail

• phkrause

• D. Allan

• carolaa

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Joash was a mere seven years old when he became king- 2 Chronicles 24:1

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

When Jesus drove out a mute demon from a mute man, the man was able to speak. Luke 11:14

• Administrators

People were healed just by touching Jesus' clothes- Mark 6:56

• Administrators

After David brought the ark back to Jerusalem, he gave a cake of raisins and a cake of dates to each Israelite- 1 Chron.16:3

• Administrators

If you stay awake, you have extra food- Proverbs 20:13

Jacob blessed his two children in untraditional order- Genesis 27

Did you mean Isaac?

Interestingly, Jacob blessed his son Joseph's two children in untraditional order, also - Genesis 48

David killed 18,000 Edomites in the Valley of Salt- 2 Sam.8:13

Weren't the Edomites the descendants of Esau? I keep forgetting that many of the Canaanite tribes were relatives of the Israelites.

• Administrators

Originally Posted By: Gail
David killed 18,000 Edomites in the Valley of Salt- 2 Sam.8:13

Weren't the Edomites the descendants of Esau? I keep forgetting that many of the Canaanite tribes were relatives of the Israelites.

Yes, they were. I guess that would mean that they still are relatives. And they are still fighting.

• Administrators

Originally Posted By: Gail
Jacob blessed his two children in untraditional order- Genesis 27

Did you mean Isaac?

Interestingly, Jacob blessed his son Joseph's two children in untraditional order, also - Genesis 48

Yes- good one! You are right, Isaac is in Genesis 27, and as you mentioned, Jacob blessed each of Joseph's sons, thereby giving Joseph a double portion. After that there is no tribe of Joseph in Israel, but instead an Ephraim and Manasseh.

You're sharp, carolaa!!

• Administrators

King Amaziah had 10,000 of his enemies killed by marching them off a cliff- 2 Chron.15:12

• Administrators

If an Israelite wanted to marry a captive woman, he had to make her shave her head, trim her nails, and change her clothes- Deut.21:12,13

I am way to vain to shave my head. I couldn't do that.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• Administrators

If you were a captive woman, I don't know if you would have a choice! bwink

You're right, so I wouldn't be a happy wife until my hair started growing back.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• Administrators

Joshua and Caleb tore their clothes while trying to convince the people that Canaan was really attainable- Numbers 14:6

• Administrators

An animal with warts cannot be given as an offering- Lev.22:22

Lamech was the first polygamist- Genesis 4:19

Yes, and it might be good to point out that this is not the same Lamech who was Methusaleh's son and father of Noah. This was a descendant of Cain. Which, to me, is a great argument that polygamy was never intended by God.

• Administrators

Priscilla and Aquila moved to Corinth becaue Claudius, the emperor, made all the Jews leave Rome. Acts 18:2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Noah's dove brought an olive leaf back to the ark. Genesis 8:11

• Administrators

"Is the Lord's arm too short?" That's what God said when Moses doubted His ability to feed the grumbling Hebrews. Numbers 11:22

• Administrators

:)

In Jeremiah's day, people put scarecrows in melon patches- Jeremiah 10:5

I just noticed today that Rebekah was Isaac's cousin's daughter. I knew they were from the same tribe, but I didn't know it was such a close blood relationship.

• Administrators

Seems to be a lot of that in ancient times.

If an Israelite man gave an Israelite woman a bad name, he was fined 100 shekels of silver, and the money went to the girl's father- Deut.22:19