ClubAdventist is back!

Daily Bible Trivial facts

• Administrators

Isaiah was stripped and barefoot for 3 years- Isaiah 20:3

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gail

• phkrause

• D. Allan

• carolaa

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Because Jehoraim was an evil king, God afflicted him with a disease of the bowels. Take that! 2 Chron.21:18

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

Boy he must have been in agony after that. hahahahaha

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Administrators

So he was...

Verse 19 of 2 Chronicles 21 says: Then it happened in the course of time, after the end of two years, that his intestines came out because of his sickness; so he died in severe pain. And his people made no burning for him, like the burning of his fathers.

• Administrators

Samson said, "With a donkey's jawbone I have made donkeys of them." Judges 15:16

• Administrators

When Cain was banished from Eden, God put a mark on him so no one would kill him- Genesis 4:15

• Members

A bullseye I suppose! LOL Just kidding Gail.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Administrators

LOL!!

• Administrators

The New Jerusalem will be 1400 miles long and 1400 miles wide- Revelation 21:6

• Administrators

:) That's what it says... that the height will be the same as the length and breadth.

It's better to live on the roof than to live inside with a mean wife- Proverbs 21:9

• Administrators

When Reuben slept with Jacob's concubine Bilhah, he lost his birthright to Joseph- Gen.35:22, 1 Chr. 5:1

• Administrators

Solomon's throne had six steps with twelve lions sitting on them- 2 Chronicles 9:18

• Administrators

Joshua tore his clothes when the Lord allowed the Israelites to lose in the battle- Joshua 7:6

• Administrators

It's better to be with a mad bear than with a fool- Proverbs 17:12

It's better to be with a mad bear than with a fool- Proverbs 17:12

Can someone explain this one?

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

Sometimes when I'm suffering a fool, I feel like I can hardly breathe. I can only imagine how the wisest man who ever lived must have felt around fools. Like he'd rather fight a bear, maybe? LOL I really don't know.

• Administrators

Ask Solomon- he said it. He's supposed to be pretty wise! :)

I think that is maybe what HE would rather do-- be with a mad bear than with a foolish person

Kinda like comparing the dripping faucet (or a continual rainy day) with the contentious woman...

• Administrators

Sometimes when I'm suffering a fool, I feel like I can hardly breathe. I can only imagine how the wisest man who ever lived must have felt around fools. Like he'd rather fight a bear, maybe? LOL I really don't know.

Good one! If we can hardly stand being around a foolish person, it must have driven Solomon nuts!

• Administrators

Once the people in the synagogue in Nazareth were so disgusted with Jesus that they tried to throw him off a cliff- Luke 4:29

• Administrators

How'd you like to go to church and they try to throw you off a cliff after the sermon?

Especially when you are the guest speaker...

• Administrators

Once Jesus healed a mute man by spitting and touching the guy's tongue. Mark 7:33

The "Healing by spitting" thing always grosses me out. I am certainly glad that He healed them, but ewww.

Here is a question. Why did Jesus sometimes heal by speaking, heal by touching, and then He occasionally did heal by spit, oh and one woman healed herself by touching his garments and He felt the power leave Him; is there some sort of significance to that?

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• Administrators

LOL I'm happy that Jesus didn't spit on any woman!

He also spoke the word from a distance and it healed.

It could be that Jesus didn't want us to have the idea that there is any one particular way to heal. The methods differ but the one common element is Jesus Himself.

He's awesome!