ClubAdventist is back!

Daily Bible Trivial facts

• Members

I also wonder if he did these different methods because the Jews had all these rules of what you could or couldn't do on the Sabbath. I believe all his healing's were done on the sabbath, so maybe the Jews had a rule about spitting, making mud, etc. on the Sabbath! :)

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gail

• phkrause

• D. Allan

• carolaa

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, I heard one time that if a person had just a physical ailment he spoke to them and healed them, and if they had a spiritual ailment he touched them to heal them. So what would the spitting be? Or is the above not true and I heard wrong?

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• Members

No Liz you are correct. I was just wondering as to why Jesus used some other methods of healing.

pk

phkrause

• Administrators

Hosanna means "save now."

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

I just checked Thayer's Lexicon online and it interprets it as, "save, I pray".

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

Early Christian women wore head coverings when they prayed and prophesied. 1 Cor. 11:5

• Administrators

Early Christian men didn't. 1 Cor. 11:4

• Administrators

Camp rule for the Hebrew: Don't take advantage of orphans or widows- Exodus 22:22

The "Healing by spitting" thing always grosses me out. I am certainly glad that He healed them, but ewww.

Not that different from mouth-to-mouth resuscitation....

• Administrators

For some reason I'm kind of glad that Jesus didn't use mouth-to-mouth.

God allowed Israel to drive out other nations from Canaan because those nations were evil, not because Israel was so righteous- Deuteronomy 9:4,5

• Administrators

Some people, including Herod, thoguht that Jesus was John the Baptist raised from the dead- Mark 6:14

• Administrators

During the Passover, Israelites were not permitted to break any of the bones in their feast, not even the wishbone- Ex.12:46

• Members

What happen if someone tripped and broke an ankle or something. :) hahahahaha hehehehehe hohohohoho

pk

phkrause

• Administrators

Jesus chose 70 people to travel by twos ahead of him and to heal people- Luke 10:1

• Administrators

Remember the story of Uzzah who died because he touched the ark of the convenant? The event made David angry with God, so he named the place Perez-Uzzah. 1 Chronicles 13:11

• Administrators

Rehoboam, Solomon's son, had 28 sons and 60 daughters- 2 Chron.11:21

• Administrators

When evil spirits saw Jesus, they fell down and yelled, "You are the Son of God." Mark 3:11

• Administrators

Zacchaeus paid back the people he cheated four times over- Luke 19:8

• Administrators

Under David's rule there were more than one million men who could handle a sword in Israel- 1 Chronicles 21:5

• Administrators

Solomon built the temple on Mount Moriah- 2 Chronicles 3:1

• Administrators

When the Assyrians took Manasseh prisoner, they put a hook in his nose. 2 Chronicles 33:11

• Administrators

Jochebed, Moses' mother, married Amram, Moses' father, who was her nephew. Does that make Moses and Amram cousins, or what? Exodus 6:20

• Moderators

Jochebed, Moses' mother, married Amram, Moses' father, who was her nephew. Does that make Moses and Amram cousins, or what? Exodus 6:20

Wow, Gail, I love the trivial facts you find!

It's a real education to read this thread!

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

• Administrators

Thanks, Jeannie! I love collecting trivia like this, too! I'm glad you like it :)

((( Jeannie )))