ClubAdventist is back!

Daily Bible Trivial facts

• Moderators

And hugs to you, too, Gail.... !

Sorry if I got this thread off topic......

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gail

• phkrause

• D. Allan

• carolaa

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

After Jesus was resurrected, He ate a piece of boiled fish with His disciples. Luke 24:42,43

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

While the priests were carrying the ark of the covenant, the Jordan River dried up so they could cross on dry ground. Joshua 3:15-17

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

Eli thought Hannah was drink, but she was just praying quietly- 1 Sam. 1:13

• Administrators

On the day of Pentecost, some people thought the believers had had too much wine- Acts 2:13

• Administrators

I have a question- Why is it that people think that others are drunk when they have shown evidence of the Holy Spirit working upon them? Anybody know?

Jochebed, Moses' mother, married Amram, Moses' father, who was her nephew. Does that make Moses and Amram cousins, or what? Exodus 6:20

I'm just now catching up here and saw this cool thing I didn't know before. This is a wonderful example that the "begats" are not boring!

I have a question- Why is it that people think that others are drunk when they have shown evidence of the Holy Spirit working upon them? Anybody know?

Maybe because he Holy Spirit gives us boldness to do things we would normally be too reserved to do unless we had a little alcohol to loosen us up.

• Administrators

Lot got drunk more than once, and what was the result of that?

Genesis 19:33,35

• Moderators

The Moabites and the Ammonites.

The girls certainly bought trouble for their future relatives with this action. But then again, Ruth was a Moabitess and she was a

forerunner of Jesus.

• Administrators

The Moabites and the Ammonites.

The girls certainly bought trouble for their future relatives with this action. But then again, Ruth was a Moabitess and she was a

forerunner of Jesus.

I love this part of God, that accepts anyone :)

• Administrators

Uriah got drunk the night before he died in battle, thanks to David- 2 Samuel 11:13

• Administrators

Dogs ate Jezebel, except for her hands and feet. 2 Kings 9:33-36

• Members

I guess the dogs didn't care for nail polish. lol

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Administrators

LOL

When Philip met the Ethiopian eunuch, the eunuch was reading Isaiah 53:7-8. Acts 8:32-33

• Administrators

Jericho is the "city of palms." 2 Chronicles 28:15

• Administrators

Nehemiah said, "Why do you spend the night by the wall? If you do this again, I will lay hands on you." Nehemiah 13:20

hmm so no going to eat at restuarants on Sabbath for the people in Nehemiah's day.

Maybe we need another Nehemiah -- bwink

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

I hate to intrude here, but I just found out something exciting today!

The name Methuselah means "when he dies, it shall come." Methuselah died just before the Flood. Jude says that Enoch was a prophet, and sure enough, he used his son's birth to predict the Flood almost 1,000 years before it happened.

Maybe you already knew all that, but I didn't, and I think it's way cool.

• Administrators

Yep, I've heard of that before. Cool, huh?

• Members

Yes I've read and heard that. And also thought that that was very interesting when I found that out.

pk

phkrause

• Administrators

Remember the stone Jacob used as a pillow the night he dreamed about angels? He used the same stone as a pillar to mark the spot- Genesis 28:18

• Administrators

Once, so many people crammed into a house with Jesus that He and His disciples couldn't even eat- Mark 3:20

• Members

Can you imagine that? Must have been a potluck! hehehehehe

pk

phkrause

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

In order to feed the large crowd of more than 5,000, Jesus organized the people into groups of 100s and 50s. Mark 6:39-40