ClubAdventist is back!

Daily Bible Trivial facts

• Administrators

That is a LOT of camels!

Whole books are dedicated to the escapades of the kings of Israel and Judah. But did you know that Judah once had a ruling queen? Queen Athaliah ruled for six years. 2 Kings 11:3

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gail

• phkrause

• D. Allan

• carolaa

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I guess, good for her. But she wasn't a very "good" queen at all...

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

Mordecai acted as Esther's father, but he was really her cousin- Esther 2:7

• Administrators

Isaiah wrote with an ordinary pen, as opposed to an unusual one- Isaiah 8:1

Note- my Bible says a "man's pen"

• Members

Gail this is what the Jewish Bible says:

And the Lord said to me, "Take for yourself a large scroll, and write on it in common script, to hasten loot, speed the spoils.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Administrators

It would be interesting to see this in additional versions

• Administrators

You guys can work on that a bit, while I go on to another fact:

The Israelites called their communities together by blowing two silver trumpets- Numbers 10:23

• Administrators

I should check. I've been making lots of typos lately...

The book I have says Numbers 10:23. But I looked around and did find the problem. Try putting a comma between the 2 and the 3

• Administrators
smiley

• Members

NIV: The LORD said to me, "Take a large scroll and write on it with an ordinary pen: Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz.

NASB: Then the LORD said to me, "Take for yourself a large tablet and (A)write on it in ordinary letters: (B)Swift is the booty, speedy is the prey.

Message: Then the LORD said to me, "Take for yourself a large tablet and (A)write on it in ordinary letters: (B)Swift is the booty, speedy is the prey.

AB: Then the LORD said to me, "Take for yourself a large tablet and (A)write on it in ordinary letters: (B)Swift is the booty, speedy is the prey.

NLT: Then the Lord said to me, “Make a large signboard and clearly write this name on it: Maher-shalal-hash-baz.

KJV: Moreover the LORD said unto me, Take thee a great roll, and write in it with a man's pen concerning Mahershalalhashbaz

ESV: Then the LORD said to me, "Take a large tablet(A) and write on it in common characters,[a] 'Belonging to Maher-shalal-hash-baz

CEV: The LORD said, "Isaiah, get something to write on. Then write in big clear letters [a] the name, MAHER-SHALAL-HASH-BAZ

NKJV: Moreover the LORD said to me, “Take a large scroll, and write on it with a man’s pen concerning Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz

NCV: The Lord told me, "Take a large scroll and write on it with an ordinary pen: 'Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz

21st CKJV: Moreover the LORD said unto me, "Take thee a great scroll, and write in it with a man's pen concerning Mahershalalhashbaz

ASV: And Jehovah said unto me, Take thee a great tablet, and write upon it with the pen of a man, For Maher-shalal-hash-baz

PK

phkrause

• Administrators

But... did you understand any better what was the exact meaning of the verse?

• Administrators

Twice, "fire from Heaven" consumed a captain and 50 men who were a threat to Elijah. 2 Kings 1:9-12

• Administrators

Yes. I did say twice, didn't I? Two times, twice, it's all okay.

• Administrators

Fire consumed the outskirts of the camp when the Israelites wouldn't stop whining- Numbers 11:11

• Administrators

Oh, groan! Not again!!!

Sure enough, the book has it wrong. I looked in my Bible and it should be Numbers 11:1

• Administrators

Thanks for catching that, dgrimm!

• Administrators

And I appreciate that :) Thank you!

• Administrators

Fire killed 250 men after they opposed Moses and Aaron- Numbers 16:35

• Administrators

Amen means, "So let it be."

• Administrators

Selah? No one knows for sure, but it was probably a musical term- Psalm 3:2

• Administrators

Very nice! Can you imagine what our conversations would be like if every so often someone would say, "Blessing forever!!"

• Administrators

Why don't we try it, then?

When someone here says something notable, let's either say, Selah or Blessings forever!

• Members

Your basicly right Gail. According to the glossary of the Jewish Bible Se-lah-means a pause in the music accompanying a psalm or prayer.

pk

phkrause