ClubAdventist is back!

Daily Bible Trivial facts

• Administrators

In the Bible's first recorded theft, Rachel stole idols from her father- Genesis 31:19

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gail

• phkrause

• D. Allan

• carolaa

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

The people of God were instructed not to eat the meat of an animal that has been torn by wild beasts. Instead they were to throw it to the dogs- Ex.22:31

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

When Joshua's army was taking over parts of Canaan, they crippled their enemy's horses by clipping their hamstrings- Joshua 11:9

• Administrators

When Jesus died, saints rose from the dead and walked around Jerusalem- Matthew 27:52-53

• Administrators

Philip had four prophesying daughters- Acts 21:9

• Administrators

The covering for the tabernacle was made out of ram skins and sea cow hides (dugongs-NIV)

The KJV says "badger skins" here- what does your Bible say?

• Administrators

When the Israelites were about to possses Canaan, they were to give blessings from Mount Gerizim and curses from Mount Ebal. Deut.11:29

• Moderators
This is a real interesting thread Gail!!

Be Kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another...

Monticello.gif Monticello Georgia

cat_purrr.gif19.gif

• Administrators

Thanks, Denise! You know if you ever find some weird fact in the Bible you are certainly most welcome to add it here!

Some of these things make me run to my Bible to see if it's REALLY there! I've read the Bible through a couple of times in my life from end to end and some of these facts are STILL new to me!

• Moderators
thumbsupWill do! (If I find something weird, lol)

Be Kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another...

cat_purrr.gif19.gif

• Administrators

The Ammonites were a stench in David's nostrils- 2Sa.10:6

• Administrators

Solomon was called Solomon until the day he died, but when he was born, God named him Jedidiah- 2Sa.12:25

• Administrators

Deborah and Barak composed a song with these words:

"Her hand reached for the tent peg, her right hand for the workman's hammer."- Judges 5:26

• Administrators

In order to marry Michal, David had to give Saul, her father, 100 Philistine foreskins. 1Sa.18:25

Gail. It sounds like David got a good deal !!! I am not sure what value Saul got from the arrangement.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

The new Jerusalem will never get dark. Revelation 21:25

• Administrators

Pharaoh gave Joseph an Egyptian name- Zaphenath-Paneah Gen.41:45

Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary - Cite This Source

Zaphnath-paaneah

the name which Pharaoh gave to Joseph when he raised him to the rank of prime minister or grand vizier of the kingdom (Gen. 41:45). This is a pure Egyptian word, and has been variously explained. Some think it means "creator," or "preserver of life." Brugsch interprets it as "governor of the district of the place of life", i.e., of Goshen, the chief city of which was Pithom, "the place of life." Others explain it as meaning "a revealer of secrets," or "the man to whom secrets are revealed."

Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary

Hitchcock's Bible Names Dictionary - Cite This Source

Zaphnath-paaneah, one who discovers hidden things

Hitchcock's Bible Names Dictionary

dAb

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

• Administrators

David had 20 children 1Chr.3:1-9

• Administrators

If you knock out your slave's tooth, you have to set him free. Ex.21:27

• Moderators
Ok Gail, I found something weird in the bible that I would like to share.....real weird.....ok, here goes.....did you know that the Lord told Ezekiel to bake bread with ummmmmm.....to put it in proper words that the bible uses.....dung that cometh out of a man? And I am sure we all know what dung is! If some of you don't, here's a hint, since I didn't know what that was at first: sick0019.gif I found that rather strange...I don't know if I would want to eat that bread! There was a reason for it though. Anyways, thought I'd like to share that strange fact with you.

cat_purrr.gif19.gif

• Administrators

It's weird, but fits in! Can you provide a Scriptural reference, Denise?

• Moderators
Oh, I'm sorry Gail, forgot to put that in!! It's found in Ezekiel Chapter 4:12, but read the whole chapter.

cat_purrr.gif19.gif

• Administrators

When Nehemiah found out that some Hebrew men had married foreign women, he beat them and pulled out their hair. Nehemiah 13:25