ClubAdventist is back!

Daily Bible Trivial facts

• Administrators

I think that was an aside.

I think that women hold the real power in the world... bwink

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gail

• phkrause

• D. Allan

• carolaa

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

GAIL

YES THERE WAS PEACE AND THE LAND RESTED

but I DONT SEE in the bible about peaceful countries

and good women

smile smile smile smile smile

dgrimm60

Your not looking hard enough dgrimm.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Administrators

Elijah divided the Jordan with his coat, of all things- 2 Ki.2:8

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

Elisha was left with Elijah's coat and used it to part the Jordan again- 2 Kings 2:14

• Members

GAIL

WOW so both of them parted water with the same coat

dgrimm60

So in reality it was the coat and not the men? :)

pk

phkrause

• Administrators

LOL It was God, sillies! Neither men nor coats can part the water!

:)

• Administrators

The Lord wil split the Euphrates into seven streams "so that men can cross in sandals" (Isaiah 11:15)

• Administrators

When Elisha learned that Jericho had bad water, he made it better by tossing in about a bowl full of salt. 2 Ki. 2:21

• Members

When Elisha learned that Jericho had bad water, he made it better by tossing in about a bowl full of salt. 2 Ki. 2:21

Very interesting.

pk

phkrause

• Administrators

The Gospel of Luke and the book of Acts were both written to someone named Theophilus.

• Administrators

People weren't given permission to eat meat until after the Flood. Genesis 9:3

• Administrators

I thought it fitting that the Lord put the fear of man into the beasts about that time, too...

• Administrators

For years the Israelites burned incense to the bronze snake that Moses made, until Hezekiah broke it up. 2 Ki.18:4

• Members

GAIL

WELL THAT is interesting and they even had a name for it

NEHUSHTAN

dgrimm60

Interesting doesn't even cover it. :)

pk

phkrause

• Administrators

Joseph's brothers didn't sell him directly to the Egyptians. They sold him to some Midianites who sold him to Potiphar. Genesis 38:36

• Administrators

Okay. Another typo... :(

• Administrators

King Saul's wife was named Ahinoam. 1 Sam.14:50

• Administrators

Cain built the first city- Genesis 4:17

• Administrators

You mean his siblings and descendants? Cain only had two ancestors, his mom and his dad!

• Administrators

Cain was also the first farmer- Genesis 4:2

• Administrators

"Aple of your eye" is not a new expression. Solomon said it in Proverbs 7:2

• Administrators

You are right, dg! I am typing on the worst keyboard ever. I type a whole sentence and then wait for the letters to show up. Sometimes I miss the typos.

And then sometimes the typos are in the book that I refer to. I'm thankful for folks like you who clarify things for me.

• Administrators

I think the keyboard sticks because I eat over it... :(

• Administrators

That would indeed make my keyboards last longer!

• Members

GAIL

WELL SHAME on you in to the corner with you

dgrimm60

Yes Gail shame, shame on you.

pk

phkrause