ClubAdventist is back!

Daily Bible Trivial facts

• Administrators

Okay, thoroughly shame me! Will that make me stop eating at the keyboard?

NOT... :)

The Sabbath was measured from the evening of one day to the evening of the next- Leviticus 23:32

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gail

• phkrause

• D. Allan

• carolaa

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Well, here I am, eating over my keyboard again... flipping olive oil from my Greek salad onto the monitor...

"An eye for an eye" was an Old Testament rule of thumb. Jesus' rule for responding to an offense was, "Turn the other cheek" (Matthew 5:38,39)

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

Haman had a gallows built to hang Mordecai, but he was hanged on it instead. Esther 7:9

• Members

[off topic] I had an ancestor who was hanged for horse thieving... (general interest)

[back to topic]

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

Wow!

• Members

RUDYWOOFS

YES the old horse thief of the family

were did he live at the time???

what state??

dgrimm60

I believe he lived in Kansas

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

Job was the first person to say "the skin of my teeth"- Job 19:20

• Members

Job was the first person to say "the skin of my teeth"- Job 19:20

That's interesting!

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Administrators

When Moses led the Israelites out of Egypt, he took Joseph's bones- Exodus 13:19

• Administrators

Isaiah went around stripped and barefoot for three years as a sign against Egypt- Isaiah 20:3

• Administrators

GAIL

WOW bible triva on sundays

Especially for you, Doug! :)

• Members

Isaiah went around stripped and barefoot for three years as a sign against Egypt- Isaiah 20:3

Him and Jeremiah did some strange things, or should I say God required of them strange things to do!

pk

phkrause

• Administrators

What would you think if you saw someone today doing some of those things? Would you think he was a prophet of God?

• Administrators

King Herod gave the head of John the Baptist to his stepdaughter- Matt.14:6-11

• Administrators

Did he save face? I wonder if the stepdaughter liked her gift?

• Administrators

Yes, I know that if it would have been me, I would have straightway given it to the mother!

• Administrators

Solomon's traders imported horses and chariots from Egypt.

2 Chronicles 1:17

• Administrators

Eglon, king of Moah, was so fat that when Ehud stabbed him with a one and a half foot long sword, the handle sank into his belly. Judges 3:22

• Members

Eglon, king of Moah, was so fat that when Ehud stabbed him with a one and a half foot long sword, the handle sank into his belly. Judges 3:22

I always have to laugh when I read that. :)

pk

phkrause

• Administrators

And somehow his name, Eglon, matches the description!

• Administrators

Esther's Hebrew name was Hadassah- Esther 2:7

• Members

Esther's Hebrew name was Hadassah- Esther 2:7

A beautiful name I'd say.

pk

phkrause

• Administrators

I do like it, too! I know someone who named her little girl Hadassah.

• Administrators

When Paul and Barnabas were speaking in Lystra, they were mistaken for the gods Hermes and Zeus by people in the crowd- Acts 14:12

• Members

When Paul and Barnabas were speaking in Lystra, they were mistaken for the gods Hermes and Zeus by people in the crowd- Acts 14:12

Isn't that interesting!

pk

phkrause