ClubAdventist is back!

Daily Bible Trivial facts

• Administrators

Jacob changed his youngest son's name from Ben-oni, chosen by Rachel, to Benjamin- Genesis 35:18

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gail

• phkrause

• D. Allan

• carolaa

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

When Abraham told people that Sarah was his sister, he was only half lying. They had the same father. Genesis 20:12

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

And he did that twice, didn't he?

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Administrators

I believe he did! His faith was great but wore out on a few occasions

• Administrators

When David crept up behind Saul and cut off a corner of his robe, Saul was actually relieving himself. 1 Sam.24:3-4

• Members

I can't say what I want to say.. :(

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Members

I can't say what I want to say.. :(

Ah Oh, :)

pk

phkrause

• Administrators

When Paul was building a fire, a poisonous snake bit him on the hand. People thought he was a god when he didn't die. Acts 28:1-6

• Administrators

Jerusalem was once called Jebus. Judges 19:10

• Members

Jerusalem was once called Jebus. Judges 19:10

Interesting, and also it was called Salem and Melchizedek was the high priest that Abraham went to and gave his tithe.

pk

phkrause

• Administrators

There's a long and rich history to the whole area! I love it!

Solomon had 12,000 horses. 1 Kings 10:26

• Administrators

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the Lord advised Solomon against racking up too big a collection of horses...

• Administrators

Do you remember the Midianite woman and the Israelite man that Phinehas killed with a stake? They were Cozbi, daughter of Zur, and Zimri, son of Salu, repectively. Numbers 25:14,15

• Administrators

Jericho was the city of Palms. Judges 1:16

• Administrators

What were you wondering?

• Administrators

When the Israelites needed to relieve themselves, they had to go outside the camp and dig a hole. Deuteronomy 23:12-13

• Administrators

Abraham had two nephews named Uz and Buz.

(People don't name their kids these names anymore, do they?)

• Administrators

I think it could have both spellings

• Administrators

But my Bible (NKJV) does have it as Huz.

• Members

Uz and Buz is the spelling that the online torah has it. My complete Jewish Bible that I have translates there names as Utz and Buz. Not sure why two Hebrew scholars have it differently.

pk

phkrause

• Members

PKRAUSE

WELL that might be a question to ask when we

get to heaven

dgrimm60

Well dgrimm, I'm sure that in the big picture its not that important?

pk

phkrause

• Administrators

dg your name probably is different in different languages, too!

• Administrators

Peter paid taxes for Jesus and himself with money he found in a fish's mouth. Matthew 17:27

Do you remember what kind of fish it probably was? This fish is very popular up here now in the stores.

• Administrators

Works with my Bible...

• Administrators

Everybody always says that "Jesus fed the five thousand," but that didn't include women and children. How about "Jesus fed the whole bunch"?