ClubAdventist is back!

Daily Bible Trivial facts

• Administrators

You like those, eh?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gail

• phkrause

• D. Allan

• carolaa

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

GAIL

interesting about the pistachio nut I wonder why

that kind of nut????

dgrimm60

I think the reason for pistachio nut is because its very prevalent there.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Administrators

Probably... They also grew almonds but I'd take a pistachio over an almond any day, wouldn't you? Especially if someone was going to give them as a gift!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

Probably... They also grew almonds but I'd take a pistachio over an almond any day, wouldn't you? Especially if someone was going to give them as a gift!

Yes I would, but I also love almonds. :)

pk

phkrause

• Administrators

Joshua and his army marched around Jericho seven times on the seventh day with seven priests blowing seven trumpets. Joshua 6:3,4

• Administrators

Originally Posted By: Gail
In Job 38:29 it talks about ice coming out of the womb.

Good thing that's a poetic figure of speech.

LOL!

• Administrators

Esau cried when Jacob got their father's blessing. Genesis 27:38

• Administrators

Jonathan once killed a huge man who had six fingers on each hand and six toes on each foot. 2 Samuel 21:20-21

• Administrators

Aaron and Hur were the two guys who held up Moses' hands while Joshua's army fought the Amalekites. As long as his hands were in the air, the Israelites were winning. Exodus 17:12

• Administrators

Long enough for a battle to be fought!

• Administrators

Paul once healed a man who had dysentery. Acts 28:8

• Administrators

Adam and Eve made the first clothes out of fig leaves- Genesis 3:8

• Members

GAIL

I wondered how they put them together????

I guess sewed them???

dgrimm60

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLthatsfunny dgrimm. :)

I would imagine that the leaves were probably big enough to wrap around them?

pk

phkrause

• Administrators

You just never know... Those grapes in the Promised Land were big enough that 2 men had to carry one bunch! Just think of how big those leaves were!

• Administrators

When King Belshazzar was drinking out of a goblet from Jerusalem's temple, a hand wrote a message on his wall. Daniel 5:5

• Members

You just never know... Those grapes in the Promised Land were big enough that 2 men had to carry one bunch! Just think of how big those leaves were!

Now that you mention those grapes in the promised land, I wonder what happen to them? I don't believe they have grapes that size anymore!

pk

phkrause

• Administrators

Moses smashed the tablets of the Ten Commandments, so God had to make another set. Exodus 34:1

• Administrators

David pretended to be insane once by marking up a door and drooling all over his face. 1 Samuel 21:13

• Administrators

Actually, I don't think that was the best way for David to go, but he opened the way up for a pickle when he sought refuge from Saul among Israel's enemies.

• Administrators

A beautiful, indiscreet woman is like a gold ring in a pig's snout. Proverbs 11:22

:)

• Administrators

GAIL

that is an interesting proverb

Can you elaborate on that? I agree, but would like to hear your thoughts.

• Administrators

So then she's not really beautiful, is she? At least on the inside as compared with the skin. But a pig? That is a HUGE mind picture!

• Administrators

The city of Ephesus was the guardian of the temple of Artemis, a fertility god. Acts 19:35

• Administrators

It could be (I'll look it up in a minute). Off the top of my head it was the place where the silversmith idol-maker made a fuss.

Yes- there was an uproar with the people yelling out, "Great is Diana of the Ephesians!"

• Administrators

Ishmael had 12 sons who were tribal rulers. Genesis 17:20