ClubAdventist is back!

My Brother's work situation

puddles

My brother's medical office is being taken over by the hospital that is close by. The situation with his position is the hospital already has someone that does what he does. He and I have discussed his options and it didn't sound very promising.

Last night, he called to tell me he'd been interviewed by the hospital as a possible candidate for the new "company" as the administrator! I was floored and then very elated! Then came back down to earth and was concerned because I figured they'd have ask the fellow that was the administrator of the defunct medical office. I guess they couldn't/wouldn't match was he was being paid...??? Anyways, this would be a wonderful answer to prayer IF my brother could slide into this position. However, I would just ask that you pray that whatever happens, the Lord's will be done. My brother kept reminding me it's not what he wants but rather what God wants my brother to do.

Thanks

• Administrators

Oh, I hope it all works out! Please let us know!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

As long as your brother walks in Abba's will, he will be fine. Abba has the plan laid out for his steps, puddles. A new and exciting time will be opening before his feet.

10 When you have eaten and are satisfied, praise the Lord your God for the good land he has given you. 11 Be careful that you do not forget the Lord your God, failing to observe his commands, his laws and his decrees that I am giving you this day. 12 Otherwise, when you eat and are satisfied, when you build fine houses and settle down, 13 and when your herds and flocks grow large and your silver and gold increase and all you have is multiplied, 14 then your heart will become proud and you will forget the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 15 He led you through the vast and dreadful desert, that thirsty and waterless land, with its venomous snakes and scorpions. He brought you water out of hard rock. 16 He gave you manna to eat in the desert, something your fathers had never known, to humble and to test you so that in the end it might go well with you. 17 You may say to yourself, “My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me.” 18 But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your forefathers, as it is today.

Deuteronomy 8:10-18

Abba, Thy will be done in this, as in all things. We ask that You give this goodness, sweetness, and blessing to puddles brother. Let his faithfulness bring the reward he so richly desires, according to Thy Will.

Amen.

A heart where He alone has first place.

Oh Clio...that is beautiful...THANK YOU! {{{{{{{{CLIO}}}}}}}}}

I'll share that with my widdle brudder...actually another "brudder" request from me...he's flying to see his girlfriend tonight...pray for a safe flight going and coming?!?!?!

Thanks and Happy Sabbath everyone!

Puddlipoo

Hi Puddles -

I didn't see your request until just now, about the flight... But had I done so, I would have prayed! flower

I'm glad you received a blessing. When I read your prayer request about your brother's work situation, this verse lept to mind... I'm so thankful you received the blessing intended.

Clio

A heart where He alone has first place.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually Clio...GREAT NEWS...He got the job!!! :E

However, between my last post and now, whoa...I was really caught off guard by my brothers reaction when I emailed him what you'd posted (the Deuteronomy scripture?) He called me when he returned from his girlfriends place and basically kinda went off on me for (get this) putting him out for prayer! However my dh (also an accountant) tried to help me understand things from that perspective and between the 2 of us (both me and my brother) we have gotten thru this.

So when my brother called to tell me he'd been offered the job, I was very happy, until he said he was thinking it over about accepting and while I didn't say anything (for fear of repercussions like the last time) I was thinking "HELLO!?!?!?! Accept the job!!!" :GAH And he went on to say that there may be some "issues" with the present administration over his getting the new position. My husband and I think this is because he'd been hurt by these folks time and time again that this has made him a little "gun shy" and we HOPE he is just being paranoid.

BUT...please, PLEASE keep my brother in your prayers. He said the current administration will find out this coming Tuesday that he was selected for the administrator job of the new facility and he isn't sure how they will take this information. I think he is expecting his last month and a half to be very trying. Please pray that he be given patience, wisdom and whatever it's going to take to keep the peace.

Meanwhile...feel free to join me or just overlook me as I rejoice... :--) :E

• Administrators

So cool! I'm sorry that he took the gesture the wrong way and it kinda rebounded back on you, but I hope that he can see in the end that you were only concerned about him.

But- that's great about the news!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• 2 weeks later...