ClubAdventist is back!

Video at funeral

Ellen

A member of our church died recently, Irene Goslin and her family took some of her photos with her many children and grandchildren and put them on video with a music background. It took about 10 minutes of the service besides the eulogy. Most of her family were not SDAs so it helped us to see more of her life outside of the church. <P>My mom is failing and of course we think of a funeral. We have had some of her 8mm's put on video and am thinking of editing a few to show at her funeral. <P>I was since at other funerals and they displayed some photos on a poster board but were not nearly as effective.<P>Probably most of you have seen this done before, but I hadn't.

• 3 weeks later...

Ellen,<P>Do it. There is nothing wrong with photos, videos, recordings, etc. for use to bring memories in a funeral. You will appreciate it in the following years, or regret it if you don't go with your heart on this one.<P>I had been introduced to the custom of taking photos AT the funeral.. of family members gathered around the coffin. Some might think that is weird, but I was impressed and wish that more people in our hemisphere would do it. These are memories, too (good OR bad!).<P>Les<p>[This message has been edited by Les Moyer (edited August 19, 2000).]

• 4 weeks later...

I recently have attended 2 funerals where vidio has been present. At one, it had been shown as a 40th anniversery tribute to the deceased and his wife. It was very moving to see. It will be a family treasure. The other was an actual vidio made during the funeral for a close family member who was unable to attend because of health reasons. As a Home Health care/ Hospice worker, I have seen many people express their grief in many ways. I often encourage families to not be afraid of what others think and do what they feel comfortable and what the deceased would like done. I personally thought that the vidio taping was a very kind thing giving the living family member unable to attend a chance for closure that he would not have had. Praise God that soon those graves will be opened and we soon will be joined with the loved ones who are waiting for Jesus to come.

Our local funeral home will take 10 pictures of your reletive and send them off to be put with music and pleasant views of nature. It is very nice and we still love to watch it. It was played at my mothers funeral.

Arlene

a grateful believer in my Lord Jesus Christ