ClubAdventist is back!

Who is radical?

Bravus

that's like, my fave Star Trek episode-- where Kirk, McCoy, and Uhura get transported into an alternate universe, where the Federation is run like the Mafia, with assassinations and all.

'course it's science fiction, but it can be entertaining

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

...in one part of Digby's speech, where she identifies what she contends (accurately, I think) are the core, commonly held views defining the "progressive blogosphere":

We may argue about tactics and strategies, or the extent to which we are partisans versus ideologues. And believe me, we do.

But there's no disagreement among us that the modern conservative movement of Newt and Grover and Karl and Rush has proven to be a dangerous cultural and political cancer on the body politic.

You will not find anyone amongst us who believes that the Bush administration's executive power grab and flagrant partisan use of the federal government is anything less than an assault on the Constitution.

We stand together against the dissolution of habeas corpus, and the atrocities of Abu Grahib and Guantanamo.

And we all agree that Islamic terrorism is a threat, but one that we cannot meet with military power alone.

And yes, a vast majority of us were against this mindless invasion of Iraq from the beginning, or at least saw the writing on the wall long before Peggy Noonan discovered that George W. Bush wasn't the second coming of Winston Churchill.

Sadly, we also all agree that the mainstream media is part of the problem. Democracy sufferes when not being held accountable by a vigorous press.

Very well writen, and very well articulated by Digby, copied by Glenn Greenwald.

It is amazing to me that conservative pine away at the "liberal" media, when here among the socalled liberal bloggers, that they are complaining about the press as well about not being 'held accountable', thus implying that the press is more conservative than liberal... [And I have been saying this for the last 7 years at the very least]... But there are some here who repeat endlessly the same retoric and never get embarrassed by repeating that same old retoric either. They are able to because they don't let facts get in the way...

Oh well,

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
But there are some here who repeat endlessly the same retoric and never get embarrassed by repeating that same old retoric either.

We do wonder when you'll stop.

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell