ClubAdventist is back!

Restoration of my Marriage

Jasmine

Please pray for my husband and for the restoration of our marriage. He has left the faith and has abandoned our maritial home.

I will lift up mine eyes to the hills from whence cometh my help. My help comes from the Lord who made heaven and earth.

• Moderators
I am sorry to hear that Jasmine, we will be praying for you, and I will put that for special request during our prayer request time during services today. God Bless you.

Be Kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another...

Monticello.gif Monticello Georgia

cat_purrr.gif19.gif

Jasmine ... you are loved. God be praised in you. You are in my prayers. Just know for certain ... God is right beside you. He is shedding tears for you. Cry to Him. Yell at Him. He is big enough. He can handle it. Stay close to Him while you are doing the yelling though. He loves you. He cares. His hands may be tied. He can't force you husband to serve Him. Through this Hell of a trial though ... YOU can be made stronger for Him.

Talk it out. Let us know how to support you. Let us know how to pray for you. God be with you.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Jamine much time has passed since your post. Please know that you are not alone. You are loved by God even through the difficult times. Grasp upwards. Our Heavenly Father feels your pain.

Proverbs 15:15

He that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast.

Thanks to all who have responded . God has already begun to work. My husband was in church with me this morning after not attending church for many months. He sat and listened who I delivered the message from the Lord during the Divine service. I say God be praised for only He could do that. Please continue to pray with me until full restoration takes place. God bless you all.

I will lift up mine eyes to the hills from whence cometh my help. My help comes from the Lord who made heaven and earth.

• Moderators
Praise God Jasmine!!! We will continue to pray!! :)

Be Kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another...

Monticello.gif Monticello Georgia

cat_purrr.gif19.gif

Jasmine,

I would suggest a counselor outside of the church. There are many Christian counselors. The issues don't go away, but tend to surface when you least expect them.

I am glad that you had a Sabbath together, and pray that you all we continue to make your marriage grow rich in Christ.

Proverbs 15:15

He that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast.

Gos never intended that a marriage would be frustrating. He invites as partners to find spiritual intimacy with Him first, and emotional intimacy with each other. Both come from Him, our Creator.

There are three types of marriages that people experience.

Endure

Escape

Enjoy

Many times, we must resolve the issues that we brought into marriage before we can enjoy marriage. God is ready to heal, forgive, and restore. Spiritual issues must be repented of to find freedom. Emotional issues must be taken to Jesus for healing. let me say this. There is hope.

best wishes,

olger

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Thanks again for you support. I appreciate every word

Jasmine -

You are not alone in the pain you suffer. At one time my marriage was dead, dead, dead and my husband threatened to tear down any church to which I took my children whether there were people inside or not. He left our family home, packed up and left.

Dear lady, I know so well the pain you suffer, the feeling of rejection, and the agony of body and spirit when you hear his words echo in your mind.

But there is hope, such incredible hope. First, know that I will pray with you. And when you pray, you above all others can ask Abba to intercede and make changes in your husband's heart that Abba cannot grant for others.

You see, when you pray for your husband, you are praying as his wife. You are bone of his bone, flesh of his flesh, one being in the eyes of Abba. Thus, when you pray for restoration of your marriage, even though he may not have done so, you as part of the entity have done so. You may pray for a softening of his heart, for a rekindling of the love in your marriage, for his salvation, in ways no one else can.

We, your brothers and sisters in Jesus, can pray with you, bolstering your prayers, uniting our faith with yours, and sustaining you on this difficult path you walk. But know this... others, and I am one, have walked this path before you. It is full of tears, heartache, and pain... but... and this is glorious... it is also full of hope, promises kept, trust, faith, and spiritual growth. It is full of restoration, renewal, and Abba's tender care of you no matter what may happen in the future.

Our Maker, Himself, promises to be our Husband, and I found in my own journey down the path you walk now, that He means it quite literally.

His promise is found in Isaiah 54:5-8

5 For your Maker is your husband,

The Lord of hosts is His name;

And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel;

He is called the God of the whole earth.

6 For the Lord has called you

Like a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit,

Like a youthful wife when you were refused,"

Says your God.

7 "For a mere moment I have forsaken you,

But with great mercies I will gather you.

8 With a little wrath I hid My face from you for a moment;

But with everlasting kindness I will have mercy on you,"

Says the Lord, your Redeemer.

Rest in Abba, trust in Him. He loves you beyond all price, you are precious to Him, for He sings over you in delight. Let Him be your Husband, lean on Him, and trust in His ways. Marriage is sacred and holy in His sight, and He honors His promises in ways we cannot know.

Take hope and rejoice for Your Maker is your Husband, and will honor your requests as the giver of every good thing.

Clio

A heart where He alone has first place.

Thank you Clio. I logged on feeling very discouraged but I leaving feeling very blessed very encouraged by your words. I'm printing them so I read them when discouragement set in. Bless you Clio.

I pray that both of you will be able to come through this experience with an even stronger faith then before. Trust God and seek Godly counsel.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Thank you Clio. I logged on feeling very discouraged but I leaving feeling very blessed very encouraged by your words. I'm printing them so I read them when discouragement set in. Bless you Clio.

LS I'm so glad you were blessed Jasmine. Have you read or do you have a copy of "The Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie O'Martian?

I would encourage you to get a copy and use it to pray for your hubby while you walk this path. It is not a short or easy walk... it is a strenuous climb that will stretch your spiritual muscles in ways you cannot imagine right now.

Every tool and weapon in your arsenal is a great thing, and PPW is one of the best. There's a workbook that goes along with it, and I would encourage you to get it too. I have both, and have done online studies with groups of ladies using these books. It's amazing the miracles and answers to prayer that I have witnessed in my marriage and in others.

It's not a study done in the open, but in a very private, safe forum with specific ground rules... the number one of which is confidentiality.

If you like, you can PM me about it, and we can talk more that way.

Thank you Shane

Clio I have sent PM and I'm anxiously waiting to get started

I have sent you a PM as well. Please let me know if you get it... as I didn't receive the first one you sent.