ClubAdventist is back!

God's position on immigration 'seems pretty clear'

Amelia

• Moderators

I'm sorry, that sounds more argumentative than I meant it. Please imagine wryness, not rancour.

Truth is important

It's not that it is less inspired but needs to be seen in context. The same is true with some of the counsel given in the epistles - like women not speaking in church. But this is nothing new to Christian doctrine. Adventists tend to place greater emphasis on the Old Testament than other Protestants and, personally, I don't think a lot of the church members are actually aware of the official positions the church holds. Most, for example, probably believe we don't eat pork because it is forbidden in Leviticus whereas if it was only forbidden in Leviticus we would most likely be eating it.

The verse that starts this thread is a fine example. Are we to understand this verse to be instructing us to violate civil law?

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

So some parts of the Bible are less inspired than others?

Okay...then please don't forget to do the following also:

Lev 24:16 Anyone who blasphemes the name of the LORD must be put to death. The entire assembly must stone him. Whether an alien or native-born, when he blasphemes the Name, he must be put to death.