ClubAdventist is back!

Brother

Dottie

Last night, I got a call from my brother to "call me back." Very unusual, as he usually says, "pick up the phone!!!"

He is in a hospital in Camden, NJ. with a broken pelvis. His wife is in Nebraska, where they live. His children are in NE and NV.

He was riding a horse, bent down to pat his neck, and his foot slipped out of the stirrup and his spur got the horse in the flank.

I'm not sure exactly what happened next, but he was bounced up and down several times in the saddle, got one foot caught in a stirrup, and ended up on the ground. He has had surgery, and a plate put in his pelvis. They are talking about sending him to a rehab after he leaves the hospital, as he won't be able to drive home for a while.

He's not a Christian, even though being raised in the SDA church.

I worry about him. he needs prayers both for his physical and spiritual welfare.

Thank you.

oh man...bless his heart! I will definitely be praying for your brother Dottie!!!

My Dad had a bad fall that resulted in a similar type procedure. It it good the medical staff are talking about sending him to rehab after he leaves the hospital. It is WELL worth it. It meant the world to Daddy.

Is your SIL planning on coming out to NJ to see after him?

Blessings!

prayer

His wife works two or three jobs, and they don't spend a lot of time together. he's been in Jersey since April. There's no problem between them; it's just where he can get a job. My friend's son has offered to drive him home when he can go, and then fly back to Jersey.

I e-mailed family and friends in the area, and he's had visitors at the hospital, and a lot of phone calls. Now if the hospital could just fix his heart! But only Jesus can do that, and J. has to want it.