ClubAdventist is back!

Number Of Blacks In Military Down

Neil D

Quote:
I will acknowledge that the above prevlige is a distinction.

Thank you.

Quote:
Some members of the U. S. Army like to hang on their walls pictures of attractive, healthy, young women, who are holding a rifle and wearing an incomplete U.S Army uniform.

The same cannot be said of those. Quite a contrast between the two groups! Which brings us back to the issue of encouraging one's child to join as a chaplain's assistant. There is a lot of alcohol abuse and sexual promiscuity in the army. If my son or daughter wants to join the army and not get involved in that worldly lifestyle, tagging around with a chaplain all day may be one of the best positions for him or her.

Whether a regiment is part of the organized structure or simply ceremonial is irrelevant to the discussion. The comment I made was that I had friends in the Army that, like me, belonged to this regiment and later continued working in construction after getting out of the Army.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Quote:
I sat here and giggled for some time after reading it.

Ever heard of the Marie syndrome? It comes from Raymond's mother's name on the show Everybody Loves Raymond. Marie, in the show, is always looking for every opportunity she can find to indirectly insult her daughter-in-law, Debra.

Some people in this world have the Marie syndrome real bad. They try to get in their little jabs here and there to hurt others. Then there are those that sit back and giggle when they see the jabs being made.

I have thick skin but not all do. The least we can do, as members here, is if we are going jab another is to use the poke icon. It really is bad manners to laugh at others when they are getting jabbed, at least out loud.

• Moderators

The question now becomes: Who is making the jab. Is the jab being made by some a person without a name who may not read a comment carefully? Is it being made by the person who submits a technical correction? Is it being made by the person who attempts to lighten up the conversation with humor? Is it being made by the person who sees the humor in the situation? Or is it being made by the person who goes to the media for wisdom?

I do not know. I do not assume any of the above. Simply, for the one who wishes to contiue to discuss this issue, I oblige by asking the question that naturally flows from the comment made.

That may be the answer. When one posts, one can expect that comments will come fromt the natural flow of the conversation, and what is posted. My observation is that some who post here do not understand that, and are "surprised" when people respond to what they have posted with a comment that naturally flows fromt the first posted comment.

You know what? It is that diversity of the human personality that makes life both interesting and fun.

So, to the one who may wish not to be named, please continue to post. You add to our enjoyment of life. you contribute.

Gregory

Quote:
So, to the one who may wish not to be named, please continue to post. You add to our enjoyment of life. you contribute.

I dub thee "Lord Voltimort" and hereby must be refered to as "one who must not be named"..... :D

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

As I said, the U. S. Army does not have Regiments as part of their organizational structure, notwithstanding your piece of paper.

What, if anything, replaced the Regiment?

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

The organizational structure has changed to a point where there is no exact replacement. However, the Brigade is, in my thinking, the closest to it. But, it is not an exact replacement.

Others might say that the Regiment fits in between the Battalion and the Brigade. I would not argue that point.

Here is a central point of U. S. Army organization:

In older times The Division was a clearly defined organization with a specific structure. Under today's organization, the Division is not uniformly defined. Rather it is organized based upon its mission. As such, each major element under a Division is also orgainized according to the mission.

Outside of a defined mission, a Division consists only of a small Headquarters group.

My off the cuff comment is that a Division is typically constructed of from 18,000 to 22,000 soldiers, depending upon the mission. But, the numbers that I have given are only an estimate, and may differ from what I have stated.

Of course, when you are dealing with the Corps as an organizational unit, it is clearly constituted according to the mission and the battlefield.

Gregory

Most people know what a jab is. Certainly the writers for Everybody Loves Raymond do a good job with them. Now some people use them in good fun and the icon is helpful to indicate that poke Others want to fast talk around their behavior and try to manipulate it into something it isn't.

When it isn't in fun, it isn't nessasary. Take my example with our friend Neil here for example. He once made a comment that he didn't like concrete homes because mold grows on concrete. Being what many would consider an expert in building methods and technology, I could have chided him that mold cannot grow on concrete because concrete is an inorganic substance. But that is not how I handled it. It is very understandable that people would confuse mold growing on concrete with mold growing on the dirt trapped in the pours of a concrete block. The dirt, of course, is an organic substance.

Here I made reference to soldiers serving in the Corps of Engineers instead of the Engineer Regiment. The mistake takes nothing away from the point I was making. Another member of the forum actually claimed that my mistake was confusing. As if I was so confused about what I was saying that he couldn't figure it out.

The Corps of Engineers is actually involved with most, if not all, the planning of the major Army engineering missions. The engineering battalion I was in had to get permission from the Corps of Engineers before building a bridge across a frozen river which involved cutting the ice. The Corps of Engineers was also involved with a road-building operation I was on in Panama. The Corps of Engineers is part of the Army so, like Neil mistaking mold growing on dirt in concrete block for mold growing on the concrete itself, the mistake is quite understandable. It certainly shouldn't have confused anyone familiar with the Army just as Neil didn't confuse me with his comment.