ClubAdventist is back!

You Guys dodged a bullet...

olger

The TSA flight police confiscated a dangerous bottle of hair shampoo from me. There might have been as much as 4.2 ounces of the volatile stuff. Count your lucky stars.

oG

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Moderators

They made me open my camera bag once as they thought thay saw a clip of bullets--actually some AA batteries for my camera.

Actually this is better than prior to 9/11. I was transfering at an airport once and heard the couple ahead of me bragging that they had gotten through with loaded pistols. I reported it, and was laughed at. When I got home I reported it to the Federal agency in charge, and they say no problem.

Gregory

• Moderators

This is the way of the brave new world - at Calgary airport I had a highly dangerous pair of scissors removed - all of 2 inches long (I had forgotten they were there) - at Darwin Australia a package of wet wipes.

Just the joys of travelling. I am still waiting for the titanium plate and screws I have in one ankle to react to the metal detectors but I guess if that has not happened in 20 years, it will not :)

OK. I have a confession that may cause some to say ... "I told you so".

I worry when I go through security ... because I have 8 screws in my head.

teehe surrender LOL poke:D :--)

I can hear the laughing. It is deafening. But hey ... they are usually not loose.

Let me tell you ... I would not admit to this if it was not true.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Just the joys of travelling. I am still waiting for the titanium plate and screws I have in one ankle to react to the metal detectors but I guess if that has not happened in 20 years, it will not :)

I'm wondering if titanium is not something the sensors pick up. I seem to recall that steel or iron needs to be present. If so, well, then, someone could sneak through a titanium weapon! (But that would be rather challenging to machine as titanium has a very high hardness number, and is, I believe, quite brittle.)

Dave

One of these days some --------- is going to blow his underwear up on an airplane and then the governmant will outlaw undies.

oG

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

LOL, Yep I remember flying home three days I believe after 9/11, they took my tweezers, finger nail clippers and my bottle of shaving cream. I asked if the thought I was MacGuyver or something but well I got in trouble for that one and wound up going through the detector holding my pants up because my belt, shoes, and pocket contents went through the x-ray..... Go figure they got alarmed because I still have a copper bb in my hand from when I was a child...... Wesley Snipes I aint..lol BUT I guess like it was stated earlier WELCOME to the new world...

• Moderators

I can hear the laughing. It is deafening. But hey ... they are usually not loose.

Ewww! Redwood!

That must mean you've had a serious injury of some type in the past. I'm sorry for whatever happened to you that had to be patched by eight screws in your head.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

I have two screws in my left shoulder. It shows on on X-Rays but so far has not set off any of those metal detectors at the airport.

It is an old softball injury back in the summer of 1991. Broke my left clavical which holds the arm socket in place. My shoulder was dislocated as a result. They had to go in and screw it back in place so it would heal. Even now I get pains in my left shoulder at night and I have to get up waving my left arm in a circular motion to make the pain stop. I started swimming and that helps. That circular motion of swimming is what my arm needs to keep the scar tissue from forming around the screws.

riverside.gif Riverside CA

That must be my problem. I can't do much exercise for my head. So that scar tissue must be growing around the screws in my head !!! lol

I knew there had to be some reason that I was different from the rest of you.

scaredstarsgahheavysigh

I believe in Hematology.

That would not matter. Those metal detectors can detect metal even in the body. However they are programed to detect only a certain amount of mass of metal so small amount of metal will not set it off. Belt buckles and such will set it off.

riverside.gif Riverside CA

• Moderators

Well, as long as we're all confessing, here...

I now have a titanium knee joint. The total joint was replaced 18 months ago. I have to be "wanded" every time I go through security at the airport. And I carry an ID card stating the type of metal which was used in me and the date.

This joint replacement stuff seems to be getting more common all the time.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!

THAT EXPLAINS SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

That may or not be, but how about the explanation for the particular uniqueness of NeilD?

Oh, that's easy...I'm weird....And with a good dose of low life scum bucket genes...

Not hard to figure out at all.....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Well Neil ... someone had to be like that. And I am glad you are the one. But I am also glad that you here ... in whatever condition you are in.

You do light up this place.

I believe in Hematology.

Oh, that's easy...I'm weird....And with a good dose of low life scum bucket genes...

Oh, come now, I'm sure you are an outstanding individual. You certainly have manifested some exceptional qualities from what I have observed. That is, apart from being even more of a flaming liberal than Bravus! But oh well, we all fall short in some ways.

Dave

Originally Posted By: Neil D

Oh, come now, I'm sure you are an outstanding individual. You certainly have manifested some exceptional qualities from what I have observed. That is, apart from being even more of a flaming liberal than Bravus! But oh well, we all fall short in some ways.

Dave

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
so I have attempted to change my writing style and attitude so as not to feed the monster within....

Hey ... I can relate to that need. Just haven't gotten there yet. But we can all do some of that. It would make this a better place. So, I appreciate what you have said.

I believe in Hematology.

Man, are you ever barking up the wrong tree! You might be surprised. See, you shouldn't try to fit people into a box. But as for the failures and mistakes that dog you--hey, the past is the past, and it is no more. Tomorrow is another day. Just maintain that teachable attitude, and I'm sure you'll do well. rollingsmile

Hit a nerve, did we???? ROFL

George Bernard Shaw

Not at all. Had a good laugh, though. I guess it depends who you talk to. If you ask my ex-wife . . . well, she could go on for hours. Oh, well.

ROFL Redwood!!