ClubAdventist is back!

American Engineering & Design

Dr. Shane

I work for an international construction company. There is a high demand throughout the world for American engineering and construction. Recently the president of our company toured Europe to see the great structures. One of the most respected structures in all of Europe is the Normandy Beech memorial and museum. Not just because of what happened there and what it is a memorial of, but because of the engineering, architecture and workmanship of it. It as been said that few can visit it without having a profound respect for Americans. Not only for the sacrifice that Americans gave for world freedom there but for the technology, engineering and workmanship of the American construction industry. Despite what world opinion may be of American politics, there remains a great respect for American industry.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Members

uhmm....if the museum and memorial are so architecturally brilliant, why can I not find a picture of them on the internet? duno

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

uhmm....if the museum and memorial are so architecturally brilliant, why can I not find a picture of them on the internet? duno

[shhhhh] It's a secret! National security and all that....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

I work for an international construction company. There is a high demand throughout the world for American engineering and construction. Recently the president of our company toured Europe to see the great structures. One of the most respected structures in all of Europe is the Normandy Beech memorial and museum. Not just because of what happened there and what it is a memorial of, but because of the engineering, architecture and workmanship of it. It as been said that few can visit it without having a profound respect for Americans. Not only for the sacrifice that Americans gave for world freedom there but for the technology, engineering and workmanship of the American construction industry. Despite what world opinion may be of American politics, there remains a great respect for American industry.

Without a doubt. American engineering and safety standards are way up there--perhaps over-designed and overbuilt, which is a good thing. I believe the term is, 'redundancy' for example.

Dave

I think what appeals to me the most about Americans in general is their deep and sincere humility...

bwink

ROFL

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think what appeals to me the most about Americans in general is their deep and sincere humility...

ROFL

**cough** **cough***

Um, any Americans in specific, Planey?

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

Heh, can't we just get in a gentle rib on our 'Merkin friends now and again? You guys know we love you, right? Right?

Truth is important

• Moderators

"our 'Merkin friends..."

-- I love it. I can just hear your Aussie accent!

And the Normandy American Memorial is a wonderful site! I wish I could see it in person, but these photos do make it real.

That Normandy Beachhead battle was a turning point in WWII [i'm old enough to remember hearing about that battle on the radio newscasts]. Our US soldiers gave their lives for a noble cause.

The portion of that monument which is built right in the surf is extremely moving. Many of our soldiers perished right there, as they were swimming ashore from their LST landing barges.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....