ClubAdventist is back!

Make the Rules

Bravus

Originally Posted By: Neil D

PM me, please...

It would make your hair stand on end--what little you have left, I should say.

That should be interesting....I still have quite abit of hair and it is rather straight....Should be rather interesting sight with my handle bar moustache.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• bonnie

• David Koot

• CyberGuy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have to admit, being someone who doesn't work for the church *does* make me feel safer around here... which I think says something sad about both the forum and the church.

Yes it does indeed. Church workers seem to be more of a target for disgruntled adventists who have a beef against the church.

riverside.gif Riverside CA

Why bring this up again after so much time has elapsed? Just to dig at some again and again? duno

How sad

This is a general statement. While it is true I experenced it others have to. One pastor had some from the older compuserv forum write his conference president trying to get him fired for supporting Womens ordination.

So relax Lil Star. I am not the only victim here. Others have been to. Had I or others NOT been a church worker this would not have happend to us. That is the point I and Bravus was making

I wonder cyberguy, have you ever reported a fellow church worker to the conference employing him??

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

I wonder cyberguy, have you ever reported a fellow church worker to the conference employing him??

I am too aware of that..

The difference is, we worked it out, almost like we were civilized, and did not spread it all over the internet.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

Strange, you couldn't have taken it to a PM like has been suggested? You had to bring it up on the open forum for all to see/read the answers?

I am not saying that I have been the only one victimized. But I do not keep bringing it up all over the internet when it has clearly been dropped SEVERAL days ago!

That is great. I thought this had been worked out as well. It was done, it was over as you so often plead for issues to be. Here days and days have gone by and it is still being brought up again and again. That is not what I call civilised.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Just another dig at those that were hurt by it or otherwise. For all the world to see. Had to bring it to the top again so that the pecking and pecking could go on. Have to have some good laughs at this. Gotta make this a "fun" place to be ya know? I just don't see the laughter in it at all. ESPECIALLY after it was all done and said and dropped. Gotta have one last dig at people.

Strange, you couldn't have taken it to a PM like has been suggested? You had to bring it up on the open forum for all to see/read the answers?

I am not saying that I have been the only one victimized. But I do not keep bringing it up all over the internet when it has clearly been dropped SEVERAL days ago!

Don't worry about it LilStar. It will go on as long as it can possibly be dragged out. Over and over. There can be a lot of mileage taken out of something like this. Just let it keep spinning.

As in many cases, often people will focus on the final event and wave their righteous wrath, forgetting or not admitting to what brought that final act about. As long as the final act can be brought up again and again, and then again,it keeps others from asking why.

Just for claification and then all may continue with this topic as long as you can possibly drag it out. There was no problem with an old issue being brought up and there will be no problem for it to continue with the right parties

No one was reported solely based on using conference time to post up to twenty times a day. That was a very small part and one part that could be stopped.

Now carry on with all the righteous indignation

Kiddo, it will never be dropped. The pleas to drop are only for specific individuals.

Not much of a problem. Stan wuld like things civilised. That means one side only bringing up again,again,again and again

agreed, most of the bullies I have found on here. I can at least stand up for what I believe and when I find a bully I usually will go and defend my position to the end. Only here, there is NO end to anything. It can be dead conversation for days on end. Even weeks on end only to be brought up later by one or two people. There is (IN MY OPINION) an agenda there. Others have left it alone. Why couldn't these two have taken it to a PM as has been suggested SOOOO many times on here? Is it truly for the fun of things? What a cruddy way of doing things. Life isn't fair, but bullies should be weeded out.

You do have to understand that really every post/comment is about you. Everyone. Even the devotional thoughts are constructed at you. The weather reports? Yes those are all about you as well.

Adventist News? Yes they are all constructed to be about you.

Get over it.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

Just another dig at those that were hurt by it or otherwise. For all the world to see. Had to bring it to the top again so that the pecking and pecking could go on. Have to have some good laughs at this. Gotta make this a "fun" place to be ya know? I just don't see the laughter in it at all. ESPECIALLY after it was all done and said and dropped. Gotta have one last dig at people.

Give a break you two. This happens to a lot of church workers on this forum. I am not the only one. Good Grief. I cannot even talk in general terms without you two jumping on me.

Another guy who was NOT ME. and was a church worker had people getting ready to complain to his employor for they took offense at his humour. I got them to hold off and I PMed him to give him the heads up and advised him to change account names and stop the humour people took offense to. He did as I suggested. So again this happens to people who are church worker. It would not have happened if they were not church workers.

It is a sad commentary as Bravus said about this forum.

Funny how the phrase "get over it" seems to come up a lot in most adventist communities I've been to over the past several years. There IS an agenda of two certain individuals here. I see they have the running board now. So, go on with what you were talking about because as all know, you are allowed to get away with anything. We all know that people will go back and read what has been said in the thread up to that point and thus, will continue to read. Makes for a "fun" place to be as I have been told. Hmmmmm, is that what a real adventist is about? If so, then I want to be known as a christian and NOT adventist. Maybe I should go to another computer and sign up under another name. No one would know. Hmmm gives me an idea!

Please do not profess to believe that Bruce's comments were anything but. You may mock as you will, you know exactly what bruce was referring to.

No doubt in your mind about that at all. But now if you can, and I believe you quite capable of doing so, to shift focus on me instead of acknowledging who bruce was referring to, we can all look at someone other than the innocent bruce.

Then we can keep going on and on and on,bringing up again and again. Dead issues which you profess to hate seeing done.

Really depends doesn't it

Lil Star,

I have told you before, this is not a healthy place for you. You are far better off on a non-denominational board.

The phrase "get over it" will come to mean you as well. A catch all term directed at some. Perhaps it may well be for bruce to get over it. It would have been well for niel to get over it and not keep bringing it up, but that will not happen.

I would love to see you go elsewhere and make friends of non-adventists. You would be much safer somewhere else.

Please re-consider your stay here

As has been told to me before. The spike in readership grows when there is controversy. As you all can see, the spike just for THIS thread has gone to a WHOPPING over 1700 views while the rest of the threads are someplace around 200-300 views. Guess it is great for readership.

I have landed in a place that I hope is a non-denominational christian site. Maybe I will see that when threads get resurrected up from days and days of no one reading it they will drop it. Maybe, it won't be brought up again. If it hurt someone. I think you are right Bonnie. I come here because this is how I was brought up SDA. Sometimes (a lot of times) I wonder if I am truly an SDA because I do not act like those here. I do not care to dredge up old wounds just to peck and peck at those until they bleed so bad that they no longer heal. I do not enjoy seeing people suffer just for the readership of a forum or even in real life. It just brings me to tears knowing that professed christians would allow that to go on. Although, I guess I should have known it would be this way. Look at how Jesus was treated in His time.

I cannot even make generalized viewpoints without someone taking that I am talking about ONLY them. Sure it happened to me but I am not the only one. That is the point I was trying to make.

Oh well. One cannot argue with a stone wall. One just has to ignore it. ignore

I am not saying to leave, I am just wondering why any one would go back to some place they do not like...

I don't..

I have no problem answering you at all. Initially I came back as a result of a PM by a coule of friends for reasons of their own.

Then of course this cropped up and keeps cropping up. I have already told you privately at this point what my reasons are at present. So please do not ask as if you don't know.

In any dispute brought to public attention both sides have or should have to tell their side.

Here it is one side only, if the other side says a little to much they are told by name to DROP IT. Once again the drop it has a different meaning here.

The day should come that both sides have an avenue to tell their side.

The side from the very beginning of this mess, how it transpired and why. The warnings given to stop. How and why any one would go to the employer of another. What transpired between employer and the reporting party.

You continue to allow and contribute to an issue long dead, or so one would think. You allow the focus on an act that is the final result of many things that happened, wanting only that act to be for public view.

That is your choice. I have a venue to so same if that is the route I decide to take. One where all facts can be laid bare. Private pm's so -called and many other statements of fact.

A lawsuit has been threatened here by another. I am not threatening lawsuit. Only saying if protestations of innocence and being victimized are welcome here and encouraged that the same should be allowed for those being critized. I can open a smaller place,a version of C/A very quickly and let it all hang out.

You don't seem to mind it going on and on, so I am assuming you believe yourself to be a fair man and have no problem with someone defending themselves.

Call a spade a spade.

I would rather it stop. But obviously it is not going to. I would rather not go thru well over a thoudand pages of documentation, but can if need be.

I can protest my innocence with documentation I really would rather not be using.

But here documentation is not necessary. Only the rehash of those dead issues you claim to hate so mcuh.

We can rehash if that is what everyone is after.

Beginning to end, my correspondence with everyone.