ClubAdventist is back!

Any Bush Hate?

Liberal Group Plans Yearlong Anti-Bush Campaign With Goal to Deny Positive Legacy

Quote:
Americans United for Change plans to undertake a yearlong campaign, spending the bulk of the money on advertising, to keep public attention on what the group says are the failures of the Bush administration, including the war in Iraq, the response to Hurricane Katrina, and the current mortgage crisis.

In selling the plan to fundraisers, the group has argued that support for President Reagan was at a low of 42 percent in 1987 but climbed to 63 percent before he left office. "All of a sudden he became a rallying cry for conservatives and their ideology," said Brad Woodhouse, president of the group. "Progressives are still living with that."

When Bush arrived in Washington he told everyone working there that he wasn't there for a legacy. That is one of his most attractive qualities. He does what he does because he believes it the right thing to do. He isn't concerned about what others think about him. He is more concerned about what God thinks of him and what he will have to answer for on judgment day.

These liberals, on the other hand, are raising money to campaign against someone who is going into retirement. Meanwhile we are well into the political campaign season and candidates actually seeking office are raising as much money as they can. So these looking-back liberals seem to be going in the opposite direction from their looking-forward counterparts.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

OOOOooooh, another "you decide" article from Foxnews...Now there's another republican agenda speach....

Am I going to investigate this any further...? Probably not...

Reasons-

1] It comes from a bias news source, FoxNews.

2] It comes from thier political section, even more biased

3] I just want to make the conservatives mad. Ok, so that is not a real good reason....but it does work from time to time...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Is MSNBC a better source?

Liberal group plans yearlong anti-Bush campaign; goal is to deny positive legacy

How about the Twin Cities' Star-Tribune?

Liberal group plans yearlong anti-Bush campaign; goal is to deny positive legacy

If one looks closely they will discover the it is an AP story and these other news organizations are simply carrying it.

Concidering that JIM KUHNHENN is a political news writer and has written several articles expressing an opinion on politics, are you sure you want to be spreading this type of gossip/news?

It's ONE article picked up by several news agencys, who by your report, are looking for sensational news to sell newspapers.....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

All news agencies look for sensational stories to get ratings and sell papers. Those are the facts of the business. Any noble motives in the news business are secondary. Money is king.

Ok, you admit to promoting this sensational gossip and making people to look at this stuff that you yourself don't really believe and hate....It's promoting the concept of "Bush hate" and you admit that its sensational stuff...and you hate it...

The obvious question is ....why pay attention to it?

If you don't pay attention to it, the news papers look for other things to grab your attention...if you suggest REAL journalism, then maybe, REAL stories that deserve our attention would get published.

George Bernard Shaw

I don' define all sensational news as gossip. I read, watch and listen to all kinds of news from various idealogical sources as well as those considered to be mainstream. I don't consider this to be a gossip story. I first heard it on the radio on the top of the hour news.

You are squirming like a fish on a hook, man....

You admit you dislike the concept of Bush Hate, and yet, when the sensational story line is there, you bring it up to prove that it is a concept that is alive and well...It's a self fullfilling concept....you hate it, you see it, you promote it, the news papers see your "hit" on thier article, and they promote some more.

If you want to promote good journalism, then look for the good articles...not the sensational stuff. And you say that we Christians need to vote for good movies by buying tickets to them....Same principle goes for good journalism, Shane...

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

Personally, I agree with Shane that Bush is completely sincere and does what he thinks is right. I happen to think that what he thinks is right is abysmally wrong and dangerous, but that doesn't make him a liar or insincere or even, in some ways, a bad person. The political system will do its job and get rid of him, and hopefully of his legacy too.

And, frankly, I do believe that group is wasting its money. History will judge this administration on its merits.

Truth is important

Personally, I agree with Shane that Bush is completely sincere and does what he thinks is right.

Only if he is fully and utterly self-deceived!

Personally, I think he is playing the religion card. I think he knows exactly what he is doing. I see him as a hypocrite - one who professes Christ - but in his actions looks nothing, I mean nothing like Christ.

Robert

Can you name any politicians who are not this way Robert?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

I don' define all sensational news as gossip. I read, watch and listen to all kinds of news from various idealogical sources as well as those considered to be mainstream. I don't consider this to be a gossip story. I first heard it on the radio on the top of the hour news.

George Bernard Shaw

Can you name any politicians who are not this way Robert?

Well, I liked Jimmy Carter. I thought he was an honest president.

As to the next president I just voted for John Edwards this morning at 7:10 AM. Go John!

Robert

Jimmy is retired. He is no longer a politician. Try again. And anyway ... he was a disaster as far as a President.

John is the most liberal of the politicians you could choose.

Why?

And I like the time that you voted ... 7 on the 7th day. And 10 for the ten commandments. Hey ... That is cool.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
let me get this straight, Shane...You listen to mainstream media...

Well, I am not the topic of this thread. I started the thread with a story from the Associated Press so I am not really sure where the controversy over news sources has come from. Personally, I still like reading the newspaper and when a story interests me I will check out the idealogical commentaries on it. When I read idealogical sources I read both liberal and conservative.

The political programs I enjoy the most are NBC's Meet The Press, FOXNews' O'Reilly Factor and Hannity and Combs. These programs have guests on from all idealogical positions so the viewer can get a broad perspective of the issues being discussed.

backtopic

The biggest issue I have had with Bush is his loyalty. He is so loyal that he waits too long to cut ties with people he has entrusted with responsibilities.