ClubAdventist is back!

Florida Post Election Returns Discussions

Fox News is projecting that McCain won 50% and Hillary won ZERO. Don't you feel bad for her?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

It looks like Sen. McCain won by a greater margin than had been predicted, over five percentage points. The endorsements by the Hispanic senator of Florida, and by the popular governor of Florida, probably added a couple of percentage points to McCain's victory margin. Exit polls indicated that over 40% of voters said they were influenced by those endorsements. Florida is a winner-take-all state, so McCain gets all 57 delegates. That should put him in the lead for delegate total so far.

Now it is being reported on Fox News that former Mayor Giuliani is going to announce in the morning that he is dropping out of the race, and will give his endorsement to McCain--which will be another big boost for the senator. He will also be removing himself as competition against McCain for a lot of people who have national security as their primary concern.

Quote:
Exit polls indicated that over 40% of voters said they were influenced by those endorsements.

I find that surprising. What is it ... the blind leading the blind?

I believe in Hematology.

The Fox News people reported that. They did not say that all 40% changed their minds about whom to vote for on the basis of those endorsements--only that the people said it had some influence on them. Since previous polls only had Sen. McCain up by two or three percentage points, it looks like the actual effect of helping people make up their minds in favor of McCain only amounted to about two percentage points or so. The endorsements only came within the past three days.

Candidate Delegates

Rudy Giuliani 2

Mike Huckabee 29

Duncan Hunter 1

John McCain 97

Ron Paul 6

Mitt Romney 74

Fred Thompson 0

Total 209 (1,191 needed to win nomination)

Hillary Clinton 232

John Edwards 62

Mike Gravel 0

Barack Obama 158

Total 452 (2,026 needed to win nomination)

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

I updated those numbers. The first I got were old and I added the Florida numbers in. These now are as of today and include Florida as per CNN.

I am leaning toward voting for Mitt Romney in the primary. However even if he gets it I could go the other way in the general election. In Texas we can't registrar as an independent so I have to vote Republican in the Primary. If we could registrar as independent I would vote in the Democrat primary for Obama.

I used to vote for the best person.(The most conservative) I even voted for that guy with big ears. RP. But now in my smarter years ... I realize that you need to vote for the guy that has the best chance to win. I have been opposed to much of what McCain has done.For one big thing ... he fought against the Medicare Drug program.

However ... I feel that he has the very best chance to win. So, even though he is not a true and blue Republican ... I will vote for him.

So, forever more ... no one should doubt my conservative credentials.

I believe in Hematology.

I updated those numbers. The first I got were old and I added the Florida numbers in. These now are as of today and include Florida as per CNN.

Does that include the zero that Hillary got for winning Florida ... or did they mistakenly add in delegates from Florida.

I believe in Hematology.

Shane ... may I ask ... WHAT are you doing watching CNN ?

I believe in Hematology.

Hilary got nothing for Florida.

But that does not matter. Feb 5 Hilary will Get California and that is a winner take all for 54 delegates and New York is up for grabs which Hilary is sure to win as well as many other states. Obama will do well in the south but Hilary will do well in the west and Midwest and Northwest thereby assuring a victory.

MaCain will most likely win the Republican race. MaCain is the man the democrats fear the most. He could beat Hilary.

Watch for a Hilary/Obama ticket. That would be hard to beat.

riverside.gif Riverside CA

I wouldn't say that Hillary got nothing from Florida. She did not get any delegates--at least for now--but she can claim she gained back some momentum after the Kennedy endorsement of Obama. Even in a "beauty contest," a win is still a win.

Yes, CyberGuy, McCain is the Republican most likely to beat either of the Democratic frontrunners. Six different recent major national polls have indicated that McCain would have a slight edge against Clinton in a one-on-one competition. Source: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/national.html

It is interesting to note that the same polls show McCain slightly ahead of Obama too, and any other Republican candidate against either Clinton or Obama would be beaten by a double-digit margin, meaning a landslide. So McCain is the only Republican candidate who has a chance for success against either Democratic candidate, and is the only Republican candidate who would avoid a landslide--which would sweep many Republicans out of office, and Democrats in, on every level of government due to the coattail effect that would be pronounced in a landslide. So any Republican conservative who insists on doctrinal purity and does not like McCain because he is not conservative enough, would be well advised to "hold his nose and vote for McCain," unless he would prefer the alternative of Clinton or Obama winning by a landslide.

Exactly. And the ONLY reason I am voting for McCain.

I believe in Hematology.