ClubAdventist is back!

Obama - Not VP

Barack Obama touted his front- runner status in the race for the Democratic presidential nomination today and rejected rival Hillary Clinton's recent suggestion he might be her running mate.

``With all due respect, I won twice as many states as Senator Clinton. I won more of the popular vote than Senator Clinton. I have more delegates than Senator Clinton,'' Obama said while campaigning in Mississippi, which is holding a primary tomorrow. ``I don't know how somebody who is in second place is offering the vice presidency to somebody who is in first place.''

Obama, a senator from Illinois, said voters shouldn't think that somehow they can ``get both'' New York Senator Clinton and himself on the Democratic ticket.

``We are in a tough battle, and I don't presume I have won this election,'' Obama, 46, said in Columbus, Mississippi. ``But I want everyone to be absolutely clear. I'm not running for vice president. I'm running for president.''

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Moderators

Hmm - he doesn't actually say he wouldn't take it if it was his only choice, though. Of course he's running for president, not VP at this point, but I don't see him ruling it out entirely.

Still, pretty hard to see Hillary winning it from here. And if the superdelegates hand it to her despite the primaries... woo.

Truth is important

• Moderators

Only metaphorically, I'm sure... but I have to tell ya, it's nerveracking, over here on the left, watching the Dems find whole new ways of messing up!

Truth is important

• Moderators

They wouldn't dare hand it to Hillary if Obama has won more votes or more states. If they do, we have another Chicago '68, and possibly riots in the streets.

But I do think that if before the convention meets, Obama has fewer delegates and votes than Hillary, he would probably accept the VP spot. But never as long as he has more.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

What if they ask the people of Michigan and Florida to vote again, and this time Obama either wins or comes close to winning?!!

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Rush Limbaugh says a ticket consisting of a white female & a black male running for the white house can't possible win, because ultimately it is white males who elect presidents.

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

Rush has been saying that for years. But minorities are growing in numbers and I think many white males will vote for a black man or a white woman just to show how open-minded they are.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity