ClubAdventist is back!

Prominent Muslim Commentator Baptized

Dr. Shane

Pope baptizes Muslim convert

Italy's most prominent Muslim commentator is converting to Catholicism by being baptized by the Pope at an Easter vigil, the Vatican announced yesterday.

Magdi Allam is the deputy editor of the Corriere della Sera newspaper and writes often on Muslim and Arab affairs. Born in Egypt, he has described himself as a non-practising Muslim. He has long spoken out against extremism and in favour of tolerance.

Pope Benedict was baptizing seven adults during the service, which marks the period between Good Friday, which commemorates Jesus' crucifixion, and Easter Sunday, which marks his resurrection.

[text taken from link]

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Moderators

I hope he lives a long life. The Qur'an teaches that Muslims who convert to other religions should be killed, and in places such as Egypt, this teaching is known to be practiced from time to time. He has real courage to make this change so public. I wonder if he has plans to work as a journalist in Egypt. My guess is that he does not.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

hmmmmm...

why hmmmmmm?

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

What you say, I believe, is somewhat true, but it can also be seen as making some progress because at least he is accepting Jesus Christ as his Savior and Lord. But you are right, there is a lot of false doctrine there. However, now that he has accepted Jesus and the New Testament, we can hope and pray he will continue to study and the Holy Spirit will lead him into further truth.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Quote:
Now he can worship idols, eat pork, drink, worship dead people and so forth...

He was a non-practicing Muslim so he was proabably doing some of that already.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Quote:
Pope Benedict was baptizing seven adults

Loosely speaking I guess this is true. But when I watched it on TV ... All the Pope did was to throw some water on the guys head. Hardly a baptism.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Am thinking he downgraded..

Now he can worship idols, eat pork, drink, worship dead people and so forth...

Sanctified rofl

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Moderators

Yes, that's true, but let's not forget Ellen White's observation that there are millions of honest servants of God in the Catholic church who will be saved because they are sincerely living up to all the light and knowledge they have. For instance, many of them don't know about the Bible's teaching on baptism or about the Sabbath, etc.