ClubAdventist is back!

I get the Hillary Clinton thing now

• Moderators

Some months ago I started a thread asking why there was such negativity towards Hillary Clinton. I didn't really understand it. I get it now.

Hillary saying that her and McCain have the qualifications to be commander in chief did it for me.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• Planey

• olger

• Neil D

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Did you hear the former President the other day clearly implying that his wife and McCain are the two candidates who love their country? What's that all about?

I know that McCain is not saying that, but it looks like some Democrats are.

What do you believe is going to be the result of all this?

Also, Hillary apparently said that she was in much greater danger in Bosnia than she actually was. Even her campaign people are admitting that she "misspoke" but the trouble is that she also wrote it in a book.

And finally, James Carville compared Bill Richardson to Judas for supporting Obama. Looks like this fight is going to go all the way to the Denver Convention. It would be best for the Democrats if one or the other candidate was way out ahead in the delegates or popular vote, but after Pennsylvania, Hillary could actually be ahead in the popular votes, and maybe a lot closer in the number of delegates. And by that time, she might be able to show she would have the better chance of beating McCain, who is now ahead of both in the polls.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

John317 ... Do you know what book that was?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

I'm not sure of the title, but it was a one about her life and experiences. Sounds like an autobiography, maybe her view of Bill Clinton's administration. It may be her book, Living History.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

Did you hear the former President the other day clearly implying that his wife and McCain are the two candidates who love their country? What's that all about?

I guess they trying to say that Obama is not a real patriot. They are echoing the "Hussein" "lapel pin" "national anthem attacks. I think its dispicable that she will side with the GOP to defeat a member of her own party.

Quote:
What do you believe is going to be the result of all this?

Obama wins the nomination.

Quote:

Also, Hillary apparently said that she was in much greater danger in Bosnia than she actually was. Even her campaign people are admitting that she "misspoke" but the trouble is that she also wrote it in a book.

She's done. It plays to all the negative opinions that people already have. I was blind but now I see!

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

John317 ... Do you know what book that was?

I do, now. Here is what the news reports said:

In Clinton's account of the same visit in her autobiography "Living History" she describes a near-perpendicular landing to evade possible ground fire" but talks about the greeting ceremony on the tarmac in Tuzla with local schoolchildren though says it was cut short "due to reports of snipers in the hills around the airstrip".

During the event on the tarmac, Clinton writes in her autobiography "One eight year old girl gave me a copy of a poem she had written entitled "Peace". Chelsea and I presented the school supplies we had brought….We were then hustled off to the fortified American base at Tuzla, where over two thousand American, Russian, Canadian, British, and Polish soldiers were encamped in a large tent city."

UPDATE

In an editorial board meeting with the Philadelphia Daily News and Philadelphia Inquirer, Clinton revised her Bosnia story, admitting there was a "misstatement" in her account describing running with her head down to get into the vehicles. Today, she said that she "had to meet this 8-year-old girl," so, "I took her stuff and left."

When Clinton was challenged by a reporter that this revised account calls into question her foreign policy credentials, Clinton then said, "No, I went to 80 countries, you know. I gave contemporaneous accounts, I wrote about a lot of this in my book. You know, I think that, a minor blip, you know, if I said something that, you know, I say a lot of things -- millions of words a day -- so, if I misspoke, that was just a misstatement."

More:

In her biography, Clinton wrote about the reports of snipers in the hills and said she met with local children on the tarmac, adding that the gathering was cut short by security concerns. All plausible, and a mission to be proud of.

But during a speech last week on Iraq, Clinton stretched the truth to the breaking point. "I certainly do remember that trip to Bosnia and ... there was a saying around the White House that if a place was too small, too poor, or too dangerous, the president couldn't go, so send the first lady. That's where we went. I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."

Hogwash. The truth is:

• There was no sniper fire.

• Nobody ducked for cover.

• Bad weather, not security concerns, kept her husband from making the same trip a few months earlier.

Clinton and her aides stood behind the story — which she has told more than once — until video surfaced showing the former first lady, her daughter, Chelsea, and their entourage strolling off the plane and walking calmly across the tarmac.

"I made a mistake," she said Tuesday. "That happens. It proves I'm human, which you know, for some people, is a revelation."...

Obama has exaggerated his role in reaching a compromise in the Senate on immigration as well as his authorship of a bill to address the housing crisis. Voters need to weigh such distortions when they consider whether the freshman senator from Illinois truly is a new breed of politician.

Quote:
Obama has exaggerated his role in reaching a compromise in the Senate on immigration as well as his authorship of a bill to address the housing crisis. Voters need to weigh such distortions when they consider whether the freshman senator from Illinois truly is a new breed of politician.

I am very surprised to hear of this. IS this actually true? IF it is then we should be very careful in voting for Obama.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Quote:

I am very surprised to hear of this. IS this actually true? IF it is then we should be very careful in voting for Obama.

Here's the link for that info on Obama:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap_campaignplus/on_deadline_bosnia;_ylt=AsRkEB5iW8oQuoNwyYIR53SWwvIE

The article was written By RON FOURNIER, Associated Press Writer

• 3 weeks later...

I am thinking more and more that Hillary needs to be at home bakin cookies. ballchainLOL

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
I am thinking more and more that Hillary needs to be at home bakin cookies.

She needs to do something to keep her husband home LOL

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Quote:
I am thinking more and more that Hillary needs to be at home bakin cookies.

She needs to do something to keep her husband home LOL

Oh MY. And I thought that "I" was being bad.

I believe in Hematology.

I am amazed you were so restrained, Cricket.

I jokingly called Redwood "redneck" in a previous post.

I think that I could use some much stronger terms to describe the posts before yours in this thread.

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Moderators

[Edit]

Can you please cool it with the sexist remarks. I find them rather offensive.

come on dude, its ok she's a Democrat

Einstein

Some of you perhaps don't have a full understanding of these remarks because you don't live here. But, a few years ago ... Hillary made fun of those mothers who bake cookies at home and have bake sales. She stated that she was not about to stay home and bake cookies.

My remarks are meant to get back with her for HER sexist remarks. I don't condone them ... but I feel that SHE alone does deserve them. They are a comeback for HER remarks.

I believe in Hematology.

They are a comeback for HER remarks.

Gotcha. So, two wrongs does make a right, then?

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In her case ... She deserves them. And ONLY her. You reap what you sow.

I believe in Hematology.

... She deserves them.

And who makes that judgment?

Bear in mind what the Bible says about judging others...

Graeme

Graeme

• Moderators

Haven't you noticed when it comes to politics, guns and country that the Bible is on the shelf?

Einstein

Originally Posted By: Redwood

... She deserves them.

And who makes that judgment?

Bear in mind what the Bible says about judging others...

Graeme

Guess we should just vote with ignorance ... we could go ... ene mene mineo mo.

I believe in Hematology.

Guess we should just vote with ignorance ... we could go ... ene mene mineo mo.

This has nothing to do with how you vote.

It has to do with very unChristian character assassination.

And with blatant puerile sexism.

Graeme

Graeme

Comin from Hillary ... YES.

I believe in Hematology.