ClubAdventist is back!

I get the Hillary Clinton thing now

• Moderators

Heh, give up Graeme, my friend. When it comes to the Clintons, those on the right in America are far beyond reason and logic.

Truth is important

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• Planey

• olger

• Neil D

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange that it is not permissible to quote Hillary anymore. I wonder why?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Quoting Hillary was fine. It was sexist suggestions that said (in essence) she should get back in the kitchen rather than run for president that were in appropriate.

But now I take the advice I gave Graeme.

Truth is important

Since she said that she was not about to bake cookies or go to bake sales .... I think she ought to first become one of us before she tries to represent us. Her criticism and condemnation of those mothers and wives who do bake cookies and go to bake sales was an outrage and the American people saw it as that.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Nope. I'm not going to chop wood or build sheds. Does that make me someone who looks down on men who do those things? She said 'that life is not for me'. That's by no means the same as saying 'that life is not valid'. The whole point of feminism was to give women more choices.

Truth is important

Hey! What's wrong with chopping wood and building sheds? I like chopping wood and building sheds. But then... I like baking cookies too. Honestly though, bakes sales are kind of a waste of time. There are much better ways to raise money.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Yeah, but they're not as fun....

Quote:
Heh, give up Graeme, my friend. When it comes to the Clintons, those on the right in America are far beyond reason and logic.

[viguriously nods head, but doesn't say anything]

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

That Hillary is no cookie baker is she? She says she will 'obliterate' Iran if they attack Israel. Oh Boy.

She is one tough 'cookie' even if it is beneath her

to bake them. She will bake Iran in a microwave though.

And Iran will come out as burnt toast.

I believe in Hematology.

"She Has a Life Mission.--Let woman realize the sacredness of her work and, in the strength and fear of God, take up her life mission. Let her educate her children for usefulness in this world and for a fitness for the better world. We address Christian mothers. We entreat that you feel your responsibility as mothers and that you live not to please yourselves, but to glorify God. Christ pleased not Himself, but took upon Him the form of a servant. 237 {AH 236.4}

The world teems with corrupting influences. Fashion and custom exert a strong power over the young. If the mother fails in her duty to instruct, guide, and restrain, her children will naturally accept the evil and turn from the good. Let every mother go often to her Saviour with the prayer, "Teach us, how shall we order the child, and what shall we do unto him?" Let her heed the instruction which God has given in His word, and wisdom will be given her as she shall have need."

"Eve had been perfectly happy by her husband's side in her Eden home; but, like restless modern Eves, she was flattered with the hope of entering a higher sphere than that which God had assigned her. In attempting to rise above her original position, she fell far below it. A similar result will be reached by all who are unwilling to take up cheerfully their life duties in accordance with God's plan. In their efforts to reach positions for which He has not fitted them, many are leaving vacant the place where they might be a blessing."

humbly selected by oG

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Moderators

Uhuh - 'cos Chelsea at 28 and moved out still needs her Mom to be at home for her...

Truth is important

That Hillary is no cookie baker is she? She says she will 'obliterate' Iran if they attack Israel. Oh Boy.

She is one tough 'cookie' even if it is beneath her

to bake them. She will bake Iran in a microwave though.

And Iran will come out as burnt toast.

Olger .... Hillary has already helped her daughter .... and she now wants to help Iran with her bakin ability.

I believe in Hematology.

"She Has a Life Mission.--Let woman realize the sacredness of her work and, in the strength and fear of God, take up her life mission. Let her educate her children for usefulness in this world and for a fitness for the better world. We address Christian mothers. We entreat that you feel your responsibility as mothers and that you live not to please yourselves, but to glorify God. Christ pleased not Himself, but took upon Him the form of a servant. 237 {AH 236.4}

The world teems with corrupting influences. Fashion and custom exert a strong power over the young. If the mother fails in her duty to instruct, guide, and restrain, her children will naturally accept the evil and turn from the good. Let every mother go often to her Saviour with the prayer, "Teach us, how shall we order the child, and what shall we do unto him?" Let her heed the instruction which God has given in His word, and wisdom will be given her as she shall have need."

"Eve had been perfectly happy by her husband's side in her Eden home; but, like restless modern Eves, she was flattered with the hope of entering a higher sphere than that which God had assigned her. In attempting to rise above her original position, she fell far below it. A similar result will be reached by all who are unwilling to take up cheerfully their life duties in accordance with God's plan. In their efforts to reach positions for which He has not fitted them, many are leaving vacant the place where they might be a blessing."

humbly selected by oG

I am no fan of Hillary by any means but are you trying to say that women, no matter the age of their children are to be homemakers only, never working outside the home for pay?

It is always best if the husband provides, and the wife keeps the home (Genesis 3:19; Titus 2:5).

Hi Taylor,

oG

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

I agree that the husband should provide. I also agree that a mother should be home with her children whenever it is even remotely possible to do so, even if it requires some real sacrifice. But I see nothing wrong with a woman working outside the home, especially once her children are older or grown. God calls women to be teachers, nurses, Bible workers and a great variety of other ministries just as he calls men to those same jobs.

Hi Olger! :)

I agree that the husband should provide. I also agree that a mother should be home with her children whenever it is even remotely possible to do so, even if it requires some real sacrifice. But I see nothing wrong with a woman working outside the home, especially once her children are older or grown. God calls women to be teachers, nurses, Bible workers and a great variety of other ministries just as he calls men to those same jobs.

Ok, Taylor...gonna put you on the spotlight....Does this call include being President of a country?

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

[chuckle]

You're not the only one......

George Bernard Shaw

I am terribly afraid that it is going to be a showdown between Billary and McCain. Time for me to emigrate to Oz!

I am terribly afraid that it is going to be a showdown between Billary and McCain. Time for me to emigrate to Oz!

Over here the conservative party goes by the name of the "Liberal Party" while the more liberal party is called the "Labor Party". At the moment all six States are governed by the Labor Party and also the current Federal government is controlled by the Labor Party. Sort of like wall-to-wall Democrats.

Still want to come?

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Where is that fabled Aussie hospitality? As in, rolling out the welcome mat? You welcomed another Yank, didn't you? NeilD?

You are 100% welcome, David. Australia is a wonderful country, full of amiable, charitable people. (Like me, lol)

I just thought I should give a heads-up to a diehard conservative before he leapt in the deep end, as it were.

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, if enough "diehard" conservatives move down there the liberal party could be back in power again. Certainly those sympathetic to the labor party wouldn't discourage American conservatives from immigrating.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Quote:
Australia is a wonderful country, full of amiable, charitable people. (Like me, lol)

Hey ... I could use some charity. Would you guys be charitable towards me? Or are there limits to this down there ...

I believe in Hematology.