ClubAdventist is back!

McCain Economics

Can you imagine a Politician being Honest?

McCain has just admitted that he doesn't have enough knowledge in Economics. Just imagine this. He has more experience than both Clinton and Obama combined. But he is being honest and demonstrating the importance of delegating.

Actually .... I'm looking forward to a McCain Economy.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

It will be same old same old - rob Social Security and it will still have almost half a trillion deficit.

Gerry

It will be same old same old - rob Social Security and it will still have almost half a trillion deficit.

Gerry

Social Security is a touchy subject. There are only three options

1. Cut benefits. Also cut benefits to those with an income greater than 1 million dollars a year. Or Max out the benefits quicker for the richer donators to Social Security.

That would enrage retired voters who vote very heavily in elections so that would be hard to do.

2. Raise the Social Security and medicare taxes and or raise the minimum taxable rate to as high as possible to take from the rich to support the poorer Retirees. This already is done for Medicare. Medicare tax would have to be raised.

This would enrage republicans who do not favor higher taxes and businesses who would have to pay higher employment taxes and who donate to political elections.

3. Raise the minimum retirement age to 70 and the maximum benefits age to 73

This is the most likely way to settle the deadlock. No higher taxes and no cut benefits although those closer to retirement will not be happy with this.

The one bad point to this would be those who work on construction jobs and would find it hard to work until 70.

In any case you would enrage a large sector of the voting population and many politicians would rather not do that. So they table any vote on that hot political hot potato.

riverside.gif Riverside CA

• Moderators

The Social Security taxes that are deducted from people's earnings amount to a contract. The gov't does so with the promise to the worker that when he retires, he has a something to depend on. Sucking that money out to pay for non-SS programs is a terrible breach of trust. I just read a few minutes ago that 1/3 of adults have not even thought about retirement, much have a plan for it. SS would have plenty of money if the politicians left it alone!

Gerry

When the SS plan started there were 30 working adults for every retired person on SS. Now there is three working to every person on SS.

Soon there will be 2 to everyone working on SS.

In 15 years there will be 2 people on SS to every one person working. The plan will not work unless we overhaul it and fast.

riverside.gif Riverside CA

That is why we need more immigrants and young ones with strong backs!!!

Yep, McCain comes off as a straight shooter. I like that about him.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Guest truthseeker007

Lol America is going down. All of your president candidates are clowns, except that obama guy. even i would do a better job being president. I would raise taxes, lower peoples expectations, let the FED do its things, sharpen rules for illegal immigrants, get the soldiers out of Iraq, try to get a more consisten dialogue with China, because in 10 years their size will be bigger than that of the USA, I would put all of the benny hinns in jail for deceiving people, stress more the importance of education, more sports in school, etc etc. I would make it paradise.

"A politician should have three hats: One for throwing into the ring, one for talking through, and one for pulling rabbits out of if elected." --Carl Sandburg, Poet.

Suzanne

• Moderators

And Sandburg knew what he was talking about; he studied American presidential politics intensely for about 30 years and wrote the best biography of Abraham Lincoln.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

"A politician should have three hats: One for throwing into the ring, one for talking through, and one for pulling rabbits out of if elected." --Carl Sandburg, Poet.

Suzanne

I like that. ROFL

Always remember that the word "politics" comes from two ancient Greek words.

"POLY" which means "Many"

and

"TICS" which means "blood sucking parasites"...

bed

aldona

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

• 2 weeks later...

"A politician needs the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month and next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn't happen." --Winston Churchill

Suzanne