ClubAdventist is back!

Iraq on the Go

Bush is just now making a speech. He is firmly stating that it is clear that we are on the right track in Iraq. And that nothing will be on hold ... for it is full force ahead.

This would appear to be good news. I am pleased to hear that our Iraq policy is good and moving forward with positive signs.

Three cheers for Bush. I think his legacy will show him to be a good leader and defender of our nation.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

I've noticed you in that condition frequently. OR ... Is it just when I am around that you are in that condition? Have you consulted a physician about that? I think we have one on CA that you could consult ... but I am not sure I agree with him. He might say that he is just as dumbfounded about me also. Perhaps you should see Aldona. Is she a good Republican that would support me?

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators
bwink At least I got a smile out of this thread, seeing 'Aldona' and 'Republican' mentioned together bwink

Truth is important

Oh ... I'm sorry. She is one of those Aussies and there are no Republicans down under. My mistake. But I am sure she would be if she could be.

I believe in Hematology.

And just why have we been blessed with a photo of yourself fishin?

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

I think his point is that you're fishin' for an argument. Let me bite...

My paraphrase of your original post:

'Author of disastrous and tragic policy blunder is currently giving a speech in which he confidently claims that it was not in fact a disastrous and tragic policy blunder but the correct policy all along and in fact the disastrous and tragic conseqences will be ending Real Soon Now and in the mean time the disastrous and tragic policy blunder will be pursued with full force and effect. And, furthermore, author of disastrous and tragic policy blunder will be remembered as benevolent and beneficial leader."

Truth is important

Bravus ... that is shameful. If you were an American ... I would really be upset.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

There are plenty of Americans who feel the same, my friend: something like 60% or more last I heard.

From where I'm sitting, it's pretty much just the plain truth. I can see that there might be some space in between my post and your thread-opening one that might be closer to 'reality' (whatever that is) - but can you see how your opening post might also be considered 'shameful', in that it's glorifying a warmonger?

Truth is important

I don't call my president nor his actions in such terms.

I believe in Hematology.

I don't call my president nor his actions in such terms.

But as an American, I would. And I would call his VP's actions a traitorous...especially since I suspect that the man outed one of OUR CIA agents....

And I am allowed to have my opinion, just as you have yours...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

There are plenty of Americans who feel the same, my friend: something like 60% or more last I heard.

From where I'm sitting, it's pretty much just the plain truth. I can see that there might be some space in between my post and your thread-opening one that might be closer to 'reality' (whatever that is) - but can you see how your opening post might also be considered 'shameful', in that it's glorifying a warmonger?

Even most Americas who disagree with President Bush don't call him a warmonger.

Only about 30% of Americans want our troops out immediately. About 70% want us to stay in about a year longer. About 40% of those want us to stay in as long as it takes to finish the job. The bottom line is that most Americans want to win it if that is possible, and they don't want to see us lose if it can be avoided. I just don't see how our getting out tomorrow is going to make the situation in the Mideast or in Iraq better. It would only bring even more chaos and bloodshed to Iraq than there already is.

We'll see how the election goes. My bet right now would be that McCain wins in November. If it was held today, he certainly would. But let's see how the debates go between McCain and Obama. They should be very good. Then on to the election. Let America decide.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Quote:

That's not true...You haven't been in Seattle, nor Portland and the rest of the Northwest...

....And they call him MUCH worse.....In fact, his nickname is not BUSH.... it's SHRUB.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

I won't go to the dictionary again, but the *definition* of 'warmonger' is a person who starts an unnecessary war. Despite all the arguments brought, I strongly believe this war was unnecessary. I'm using the term descriptively, not pejoratively. It sickens me to hear peans of praise for a man who has caused more deaths in Iraq than Saddam ever did.

Truth is important

• Moderators

I won't go to the dictionary again, but the *definition* of 'warmonger' is a person who starts an unnecessary war. Despite all the arguments brought, I strongly believe this war was unnecessary. I'm using the term descriptively, not pejoratively. It sickens me to hear peans of praise for a man who has caused more deaths in Iraq than Saddam ever did.

That would be like saying the Civil War caused far more misery and death and destruction than slavery ever did.

Or that if we had just let Hitler have his way, not so many people would have died. Makes sense?

So we should be glad to see Saddam and his evil sons back in power because fighting for democracy and freedom has brought such destruction to the people of Iraq. Our American Revolution also caused a lot of death and destruction, but it was worth it. It didn't seem worth it to people sometimes, but by about 1792, the whole country believed the war had been worth the cost. These things take time and patience. Remember that the Iraqi people have no tradition of democracy to work from. About 10 years from now, you can be sure that all Iraqis will feel much differently than they do now about it.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

Quote:

That's not true...You haven't been in Seattle, nor Portland and the rest of the Northwest...

....And they call him MUCH worse.....In fact, his nickname is not BUSH.... it's SHRUB.

Well, if Shrub is what some people call him, that's OK. Bush wouldn't care. They said some awful things against Lincoln. They also said bad things about President Truman too. In fact, no American president has been as unpopular as Truman was when he left office in 1952. But now historians rate him among our top 10 presidents.

I haven't been in Seattle lately but I have lived close to it. I like the Great Northwest very much. I was there during the end of the Carter years when gas prices hit a terrible high of $2.00 and there were long lines at the pump.

Most Americans have respect for the office and even for the man, despite disagreeing with him on some issues. I had terrible disagreements with Lyndon Johnson, and some in the antiwar movement called him names, but I never did. I spoke out against him and against the war, but I didn't hate him.

Maybe the reason I feel differently about it is that I remember what it is like to lose a president. I remember so well the assassination of President Kennedy. People who had said bad things against Kennedy before he was killed were crying, "They shot the president. They killed him. He was MY president."

I care about our presidents even when I disagree them or even when they get us involved in an unpopular war.

• Moderators

I don't think anyone has ever heard me call him 'Shrub' or any other disparaging name. As I said above, I believe 'warmonger' to be simple description of his actions. I do believe in showing appropriate respect for the leaders - the Bible reminds us that God allows them to be set in their places.

Truth is important

I don't think anyone has ever heard me call him 'Shrub' or any other disparaging name. As I said above, I believe 'warmonger' to be simple description of his actions. I do believe in showing appropriate respect for the leaders - the Bible reminds us that God allows them to be set in their places.

thumbsup That's Cool.

I would just add that if you were from Iraq ... you would most likely feel that loss of life was worth it. Most there do want us and appreciate us being there. And most in the US would if they realized it keeps the war from coming to us here on the mainland. Can you imagine the cost or lives and the economy if the war continued here? It would effect the entire world .

I believe in Hematology.