ClubAdventist is back!

Major Debacle!

lazarus

• Moderators

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/homepage/story/34101.html

The war in Iraq has become "a major debacle" and the outcome "is in doubt" despite improvements in security from the buildup in U.S. forces, according to a highly critical study published Thursday by the Pentagon's premier military educational institute.

The report released by the National Defense University raises fresh doubts about President Bush's projections of a U.S. victory in Iraq just a week after Bush announced that he was suspending U.S. troop reductions.

The report carries considerable weight because it was written by Joseph Collins, a former senior Pentagon official, and was based in part on interviews with other former senior defense and intelligence officials who played roles in prewar preparations.

It was published by the university's National Institute for Strategic Studies, a Defense Department research center.

"Measured in blood and treasure, the war in Iraq has achieved the status of a major war and a major debacle," says the report's opening line.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

I am sure we're going to hear from Shane on this one.....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators
ignore......... thumbsup

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

[yawn]

that's not like you dude!!! fro3

Einstein

It is the same Bush critics with the same arguments. Same thing, different day. And Bush is on his way out. Nothing his critics say or do is going to change anything. It does make one wonder how they will react should they find themselves inside the golden gates face to face with God's humble servant, George W. Bush.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Well said Shane. I am certain that some will be on the outside lookin in at dear ol' George. Certainly this guy called Major Debacle will be.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Well, if 'Same Bush critics' means 'most senior military policy analysts who do not directly owe their jobs to him', then yeah, I guess you're right about that, Shane.

If Dubya makes it to heaven after starting this war - and I have no reason to believe he won't - it is yet more evidence of God's amazing forebearance and grace. But more than his critics, it'd be interesting to see how he faced those his actions killed.

Truth is important

HE didn't start the war. Saddam did.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

orly...

On March 20, 2003 at approximately 02:30 UTC or about 90 minutes after the lapse of the 48-hour deadline, at 05:33 local time, explosions were heard in Baghdad. There is now evidence that various special forces troops (including British SAS, the Australian SASR and 4RAR, the U.S. Army's Delta Force, United States Navy SEALs, United States Army's Green Berets and U.S. Air Force Combat Controllers) crossed the border into Iraq well before the air war commenced to guide strike aircraft in air attacks. At 03:15 UTC, or 10:15 p.m. EST, George W. Bush announced that he had ordered an "attack of opportunity" against targets in Iraq. As soon as this word was given the troops on standby crossed the border into Iraq. These troops were led by the 4th bomb disposal unit which at the time had three RAF Regiment airmen from 15 squadron on a tour.

Einstein

HE didn't start the war. Saddam did.

I believe that Secretary Powell said that if the US goes into Iraq, we will have broken it and we will be responsible for it's rebuilding.... Of course, that's Neil's paraphrase of Secretary Powell.....And you know, while we had Sadaam contained, we invaded Iraq....And unjust war, based upon a lie repeated more times than we can shake a stick at....

But hey, OUR president said it is justified...they started it....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
they started it....

That would be a truthful statement.

I believe in Hematology.