ClubAdventist is back!

Obama outraged by Wright's comments

QR frame:

"I think the majority of people do find me trustworthy, more than they do the other candidate, and we can't solve problems if people don't think that their leaders are telling them the truth. If they think their leaders are just saying whatever it is that helps them get to the next election, you can never ask them for sacrifice, because they are thinking, 'I don't want to be played for a sap, for a patsy,' " –‘bama on Clinton

"Politicians say what they say and do what they do based on electability, based on sound bites, based on polls."

“He didn't distance himself," [...] "He had to distance himself, because he's a politician, from what the media was saying I had said, which was anti-American." --Wright on ‘bama

Say what!? –Pogo

This has gotta be the burle’que skit before they bring on the dancin’ babes, eh? ...y’know, ‘pin the tale on the donkey’s fundament’, yes?

Odyssey into oddity, yes? --John Q. BitterClinger on blowin' smoke

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John317

• lazarus

• Neil D

• Dr. Shane

Indeed.

I've taken the liberty to add to his compendium of

pithy exclamations bwink

That said, what does one make of the two clauses following?

"...you can never ask them for sacrifice,"

Freudian? or ummm, like, what kind of "sacrifices" are we going to be asked to make?

Yikes!? --Pogo

"...because they are thinking, 'I don't want to be played for a sap, for a patsy,' "

However... seems, in this case, the gods are making us "saps" and "patsies" rather than mad -- before destroying us orly

Jon Stewart on The Daily Show: "Reverand Wright is dominating cable news like a missing white girl."

good line.

Kountzer

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

• Moderators

If Bush had asked the American people for some sacrifices - like being a bit less profligate with foreign oil - after 9/11 rather than telling them to 'go shopping'...

Truth is important