ClubAdventist is back!

So why do people fall for people like Ernie Knoll

Stan

offtopic

sort of sounds like someone's got his shoe off, a la Nikita Khrushchev...

I'm not even going to post the "Back to Topic" smilie... this topic has gone from wondering why people begin to follow self-proclaimed prophets, to a pathetic hoisting of one's own petards..

a) (mixed “metaphor”), do elaborate...

B) you all really think/believe defending God’s Truth is, perjoratively the same as “taking things personally”??! Quite telling....

c) all of this is actually quite “on/according to topic” for, as I was discussing earlier today about, the priorly alluded to Roch Thériault, -an ex-SDA Quebecer, (who one year, pre-waywardness, was invited to testifying at the Conference’s Campmeeting), [a.k.a. the “Savage Messiah”], as seen in this thread, (SDA) people follows such false prophets, most of which are weekly standing in the Churches’ pulpits and preaching “Peace and Safety” (Ezek 13; 14:1-11; 34:1-22), and also ignore the true/genuine ones, because they do not know the Bible nor SOP (=Law and Prophet) and also cannot do proper exegetical examinations and prefer to fancifully interpret scriptures.

Matt 25:45

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NJK Project

• LifeHiscost

• Overaged

• rudywoofs (Pam)

offtopic

I'm not even going to post the "Back to Topic" smilie... this topic has gone from wondering why people begin to follow self-proclaimed prophets, to a pathetic hoisting of one's own petards..

thumbsupthumbsup I especially enjoyed learning the new word "petards" and your use of it...lol Nicely done!!

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

I have contextually shown what the full implication of those passage is. Your proof-texting also proves nothing truthful, but is mere fanciful preference.

This statement alone (but there are others) is blatant eisegesis. You are providing all the evidence needed for visiting forum members. No need for me to let out a peep, or a squeak...

post-4001-140967454798_thumb.jpg

And I can trust"

NKJ, I can commend you for your attempt to contend for the faith once delivered to the saints. However I don't believe you are in the right arena, for while it may be true none here, including your self may I add, have a full handle on the Truth, the advice to contend is for those underlined in the Word below. And I have found none here in that category, although I must admit I have read so little of your dissertations to be sure one way or the other except, perhaps, as an impression of the accuser of the brethren.

"Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.

Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ." Jude1:2-4 NLT

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Members

offtopic

:like:

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Originally Posted By: rudywoofs
offtopic

thumbsupthumbsup I especially enjoyed learning the new word "petards" and your use of it...lol Nicely done!!

Well since me and people around here call fireworks: “petards” here in my home province, I was aware of what it meant. And according to the more industrial sense of the word in English, then my words/statements are indeed intended to be petards, much more than you evidently know and understand...and, at the very least in the Ezek 13:1-16 application of them.

Originally Posted By: NJK Project
I have contextually shown what the full implication of those passage is. Your proof-texting also proves nothing truthful, but is mere fanciful preference.

This statement alone (but there are others) is blatant eisegesis. You are providing all the evidence needed for visiting forum members. No need for me to let out a peep, or a squeak...

Didn’t/don’t expect much more from you Overaged than to come to a determination/conclusion based on as much of a narrow context, little facts, and pertinent details as possible. The sooner you recognize that you are, at the very least, exegetically incompetent, the better it will be, salvage time wise, better for you. So you saying anything of substance or significance on the matter is of no difference at all here. Anyone with a spiritual discerning mind, or even merely rational one, will see who is rightly (=exegetically) presenting those passages. So I therefore do much thank you for sparing me any more of your spurious arguments and claims.

P.S. Funny, I don’t perceive you having any problem with “love this life”! Since God knows what this “life” is all about, that is not a prayer/wish he’ll answer nor involves, as you believe a sin for Him to forgive... (Matt 10:34-38)

NKJ, I can commend you for your attempt to contend for the faith once delivered to the saints. However I don't believe you are in the right arena, for while it may be true none here, including your self may I add, have a full handle on the Truth, the advice to contend is for those underlined in the Word below. And I have found none here in that category, although I must admit I have read so little of your dissertations to be sure one way or the other except, perhaps, as an impression of the accuser of the brethren.

"Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.

Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ." Jude1:2-4 NLT

God blesses! peace

Well for one thing LHC, I factually see/know that your view of me is completely wrong, and it is quite telling that you are making a, self-recognized, ‘blind accusation” here. Who is being an “accuser” then. If you know you have a “full handle of the Truth” then point me to it so that I can transparently examine it. If your “full handle on Truth” is nothing more and better than what the SDA Church believes, teaches and practices, then I Biblically know that that is not the “Full Truth”. At best it is Half of God’s Full Truth.

So I recommend that you actually read my blog post, especially before passing any judgement on me. Isn’t that reasonable enough? (Acts 17:11)

It's NJK by the way...

Originally Posted By: rudywoofs
offtopic

:like:

In regards to this “shoes off” quip... I probably don’t begin to get it because I don’t have a “shoes off” problem. Perhaps you all do?? I did have such a problem as a youngster, but that was probably because I was always on my feet and running around. God has since craftily acted to provide me the most effective treatment. (=Psa 110:1ff; cf. Matt 22:44)

And quite seriously what does Nikita Khrushchev have to do with this (or me). That is where you really lost me... And even if you, (and probably) are referring to the ‘notorious shoe-banging incident which occurred during a debate on October 12 over a Soviet resolution decrying colonialism’ since I know what my life, ministry work and project are all about, I thus don’t see you making any valid, applicable or truthful point here. Better diligently concern yourself about understanding God’s Full Gospel Message, and all that that entails instead....

• Members

I thus don’t see you making any valid, applicable or truthful point here..

no, I don't suppose you would see that...

Originally Posted By: njk
Better diligently concern yourself about understanding God’s Full Gospel Message, and all that that entails instead....

I'm sorry, but that doesn't entail deserting my logic, reason, or sense of humor regarding Ernie Knoll and his episodes of the Twilight Zone.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

...me and people around here call fireworks: “petards” here in my home province

Didn’t/don’t expect much more from you Overaged than to come to a determination/conclusion based on as much of a narrow context, little facts, and pertinent details as possible. The sooner you recognize that you are, at the very least, exegetically incompetent, the better it will be, salvage time wise, better for you.

If this is your way of supporting the false prophet, Earnie Knoll; then it is easy for people to see the source of very incompetent eisegeses which you try to flog us with.

post-4001-140967454824_thumb.jpg

And I can trust"

Quote:
....and we’ll see who is called a “good and faithful servant” in the end.

Arrogant and very prideful!!! Who did you learn that from??

• Members

“That’s what naturally happens when one deals in the actual/pertinent facts at hand and not “suppository/wishful speculation”...

:spewcoffee:

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Originally Posted By: LifeHiscost

God blesses! peace

So I recommend that you actually read my blog post, especially before passing any judgement on me. Isn’t that reasonable enough? (Acts 17:11)

It's NJK by the way...

No judgement. The underlined was meant to outline the type of people that were meant to be reason enough to contend for the faith. You are contending for your faith against people who would admit they are seeking after God, though perhaps not the way someone else might see as the preferable way. That doesn't seem to me up to any one else to determine. You have already admitted that you don't believe others are right unless they believe the way you have concluded is right.

And if your words are true about yours truly, so be it. God is capable of letting me know the truth of the matter if it is important for me to know.

The arena to contend for the faith is still the same as before spoken.

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:
...me and people around here call fireworks: “petards” here in my home province

Edited by Gail (Yesterday at 09:31 PM)

Edit Reason: Fireworks I can handle, the other one is too rude for this conversation

Originally Posted By: NJK Project

Didn’t/don’t expect much more from you Overaged than to come to a determination/conclusion based on as much of a narrow context, little facts, and pertinent details as possible. The sooner you recognize that you are, at the very least, exegetically incompetent, the better it will be, salvage time wise, better for you.

If this is your way of supporting the false prophet, Earnie Knoll; then it is easy for people to see the source of very incompetent eisegeses which you try to flog us with.

There you go again Overaged, with your vacuous attempts to be cut, quip and funny and ending up making no rational nor spiritual/Biblical sense at all... Such nonsense doesn’t being to affect at all.

Quote:
....and we’ll see who is called a “good and faithful servant” in the end.

Arrogant and very prideful!!! Who did you learn that from??

Originally Posted By: njk
“That’s what naturally happens when one deals in the actual/pertinent facts at hand and not “suppository/wishful speculation”...

:spewcoffee:

Well it "phonetically" sounded/seemed to be right...Glad, though, that you could find something to, as usual and as your prefer, amusingly distract you from responding with anything substantial... Funny that exactly how I repeated feel reading your spiritual void and incorrect, “assuming” claims on Biblical issues....But it is way too pitifully sad to just laugh at.

Which orofice...... ROFL

Wait CoAspen...didn’t you by then actually get it prior to posting your “furthering” response...the word was not the correct one... or is being funny really all that matters to you... That indeed speaks volumes about YOU.

No judgement. The underlined was meant to outline the type of people that were meant to be reason enough to contend for the faith. You are contending for your faith against people who would admit they are seeking after God, though perhaps not the way someone else might see as the preferable way. That doesn't seem to me up to any one else to determine. You have already admitted that you don't believe others are right unless they believe the way you have concluded is right.

And if your words are true about yours truly, so be it. God is capable of letting me know the truth of the matter if it is important for me to know.

The arena to contend for the faith is still the same as before spoken.

God blesses! peace

Well LifeHisCost:

-It was quite hard to get that take from your somewhat ambiguous, bordering on ambivalent, statements.

-Truth is by inherent definition is absolute. So it up to us to try to ascertain what that is, and proper exegesis is the most accurate way of doing this.

-It seems to me here that there actually is no desire to arrive at objectively transparent, and documentedly/provably so, Truth but instead the cherished idol of personal preferences and opinions.

-And it there is a reason why ‘judgement begins at the House of God, and then the rest of the world...In fact, that is quite a privilege, (and “justly” so in regards to the non-believers), when the implicated “Atonement” opportunity is seized.

So far what I have gathered from this thread is that if you fall for the likes of Ernie Knoll several things might happen.

- Loss of sense of humour. Without humour life just might as well not exist.

- Developing a holier than thou attitude. We all like to be right, but if being convinced that one is right all the time certainly removes a lot of challenge in life. With out challenge life just might as well not exist.

- Lack of need to show respect. Without respect life might as well not exist.

- Not feeling the need to explain your point in a way people can understand. As in every single person should understand it exactly as stated. With out understand and patience life might as well not exist.

I would like to suggest these following virtues to the followers of Mr. Knoll,

Industriousness - Be productively engaged in life. Avoid laziness. Strive to accomplish good things.

Justice - Let equity and fairness be your hallmark. Treat others in accordance with what they deserve, and give each person a chance to show his or her best.

Courage - Fear is natural, but it can be overcome. Train yourself to do the things you fear, both physically and morally.

Generosity - An open hand and an open heart bring happiness to you and to others. The miserly are never happy.

Hospitality - In ancient times, travelers were greeted with food, drink, and a warm place by the fire. See that your guests never want.

Moderation - Enjoy all good things, but do not overindulge. No one admires a glutton or a person who cannot control his or her appetites.

Community - Cooperate with kin and friends, do your fair share, and remember your responsibilities to others.

Individuality - Although we belong to a community, we are also individuals with distinct personalities and clearly-defined rights. Respect the individuality of others, and insist on the same in return.

Truth - Be honest and straightforward in all your dealings. Avoid deceit and deception.

Steadfastness - Learn to persist, to endure in the face of adversity without discouragement. Do not be blown about by every changing wind.

Loyalty - Be steadfast in your commitment to others and to yourself. Have a true heart.

Wisdom - Learn from your experiences. Grow in the understanding of the world, and of the human heart. Comprehend as much of the universe as you can in the years available to you.

Following these 9 simple rules will get you a lot more listeners.

From a purely “human/humanistic” perspective “EmptyCross”, that all sounds great.... however actually un-/mis-informed since, upon a more careful reading, this seems to be "fallenly", as you pejoratively think, aimed at me. (Don't expect anything else/more from you. But, seriously, from the Biblical perspective, for me, it still falls way short of the one thing which eternally supercedes ‘this (best) life’: Biblical Truth. And God’s 10+1 Commandments (Exod 20:1-17 + Matt 22:34-40) already inclusively cover all of these things. So:

2 Chr 20:20 & Matt 23:29-35. They also overarchingly cover all of your points and lead to True/Godly/Biblical Love (1 Cor 13) which helps leads others to this saving Truth before it is too late (e.g., Rev 14:9-12) and then even “prophecy” won’t be needed.