ClubAdventist is back!

So why do people fall for people like Ernie Knoll

Stan

Good point in a way - I don't look at things from a Biblical perspective so I guess your approach is hard for me to grasp.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NJK Project

• LifeHiscost

• Overaged

• rudywoofs (Pam)

FYI EC I just edited my reply upon more carefully rereading your initial post and point...And my "point" still is...Life without God's/Jesus' Biblical Truth is merely limited to this fleeting life.

Matt 25:45

It is aimed at you but not as harshly as you may think. I am not convinced that you are tying to be rude or trying to be insulting. But it is certainly the way you come across.

My point is this. You seem to sincerly want to get your message across to people. Now to do that if you turn rude, insulting or defensive at the first bit of resistance to the message you are trying to get across you have already lost the audience. When you continue to respond with a kind, patient attitude, while sticking to your guns, then people take notice. They tend to begin to respect you as a person. That is the building block towards them possibly respecting the message you are trying to share with them.

I shared the 9 noble virtues as a gift. Sincerly. They are a great foundation towards any venture.

Quote:
-Truth is by inherent definition is absolute.

And that is why all we as followers of Christ need to allow each to stand on their own sense of obligation as their conscience speaks to them. While God's Word is absolute, without question,

the conveyer of the Word reveals by their conduct the lack of being absolute in that conduct, therefore the need to rely on the Holy Spirit to make up where we fail and let the Word speak for Itself, something I do not perceive in your presentations.

"for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God," Romans 3:23 NKJV

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

It is aimed at you but not as harshly as you may think. I am not convinced that you are tying to be rude or trying to be insulting. But it is certainly the way you come across.

My point is this. You seem to sincerly want to get your message across to people. Now to do that if you turn rude, insulting or defensive at the first bit of resistance to the message you are trying to get across you have already lost the audience. When you continue to respond with a kind, patient attitude, while sticking to your guns, then people take notice. They tend to begin to respect you as a person. That is the building block towards them possibly respecting the message you are trying to share with them.

I shared the 9 noble virtues as a gift. Sincerly. They are a great foundation towards any venture.

For EmptyCross (& LifeHisCost):

If Biblical issues was not to be “ditstily” treated as a joke in this thread that would serve as the basis for a constructive discussion. But most people here think there is something commendable to “joke away” and/or bury their heads in the sand.... and that, for “SDA’s” is quite incomprehensible, to say the least. It probably is the title of this thread which makes people think they have this license to resolutely scoff.

The Biblical fact of the matter is that if Ernie Knoll is as false as most here believe, then people here have the obligation to “help him”, even if it is indirectly by provide serious and conclusive evidence that he would be a false prophet. Instead the attitude here, when past claims against Knoll are shown to be spiritually inconclusive and/or grossly unbiblical/false, is to go back into their “dens of scoffers” and not provide any intelligent and valid, even plausible, counter claim or argument. In such a case, an attitude will not turn out to be good for those who are going by it. (E.g., Ezek 33:1-20).

And, EC et al., if you had actually understood my project, you would be understanding my related earnestness here, because while people are joking around and treating serious things lightly, other people are needlessly, quasi-systematically, dying of preventable, curable and/or intentional causes, and a Global Church like the SDA Church with all of its resources could be doing something most significant to end this. And Ernie Knoll’s reformatory prophetic ministry, pointing back to the prophecies and counsels of EGW and the Bible, would greatly help to prepare such a people as due with/from SDA’s. But, as seen here, such pivotal and “vital” Biblical issues do not begin to register with, especially those who basely do not bother to seriously discuss Biblical issues. Hence indeed the Testing/Sifting/Shaking of the SDA Church, but of course people here think that God owes them a clear indication of when and how this will take place. Ernie Knoll is most evidently the best “prophetic indication” they’ll get in that regards.

By the way, in this life, while we are outside of God’s transparent revelation, even above love, prophesying (i.e., a direct revelation from God) will be key (1 Cor 14:1-5). And the logical reason is that “love for someone else” may lead you to accept something that they are doing which may actually be unbiblical, and God then would act, given the genuine circumstances here, to reveal what His actually will/truth is in that situation.

Quote:
-Truth is by inherent definition is absolute.

And that is why all we as followers of Christ need to allow each to stand on their own sense of obligation as their conscience speaks to them. While God's Word is absolute, without question,

the conveyer of the Word reveals by their conduct the lack of being absolute in that conduct, therefore the need to rely on the Holy Spirit to make up where we fail and let the Word speak for Itself, something I do not perceive in your presentations.

"for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God," Romans 3:23 NKJV

God blesses! peace

LHC, as I somewhat “templately” [for mainly time saving reasons] say to others who make this type of shallow/peripheral argument against me:

What I have seen is typical with people like you here is that you choose to selectively ignore everything in the Bible and SOP, even from God/Jesus Himself in both sources, which speak sternly to God’s professed people and only collect the “cheerful” and ‘Peace, Peace’ statements. I instead go by the full counsel of God and see just why the adverse statements in both the Bible and SOP were made. You can’t just be opting to ignore the act/acts which had required that “disciplining.” (See also Heb 12:5-11; PK 139.4-142.2)

By the way EmptyCross & LifeHisCost, the “perfect presentation” is not the solution that people claim/think it is because people will still and always do whatever it is that they want to do. No matter how something is presented to them. E.g., Jesus was good, perfect and showed many powerful signs, but was still rejected as a deemed demon-possessed, vile sinner, fraud and national threat. And on the other hand, as seen on Reality TV shows, people today will do just about any gross, hazardous, and demeaning thing because of the chance to win, e.g., $1,000,000.

So the key in all of this is to focus on and ascertain what the truth of the matter is, because God Himself will always be using “stumbling blocks” when presenting His truths so that the superficial “believers” can necessarily be weeded out.

• Members

The Biblical fact of the matter is that if Ernie Knoll is as false as most here believe, then people here have the obligation to “help him”..

"the people here" have absolutely no obligation whatsoever to "help" Ernie Knoll... the onus is on him to satisfactorily prove his claims...

he has not done that, imo...

Furthermore, the blog to which you keep referring, is painfully verbose and, for the most part, unintelligible...ergo, it is not (imo) a commendable piece of writing, nor does it provide any conclusive evidence for the claims of Ernie Knoll. It is not for the reader to decipher the blog...if the writer of the blog wishes readers to understand, it is incumbent upon him to write in such a manner that it is understandable....suppositories, notwithstanding...

Originally Posted By: njk
...your spiritual void and incorrect, “assuming” claims on Biblical issues...

And sir, just who are you to judge my spirituality or my knowledge on Biblical issues? I suppose I ought to let the leaders of the SDA church be aware that you consider me to be spiritually "void"... I'm sure they'd find that to be a very .... interesting .... notion arising from the "accuser of the brethren"...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

"the people here" have absolutely no obligation whatsoever to "help" Ernie Knoll... the onus is on him to satisfactorily prove his claims...

“That’s what naturally happens when one deals in the actual/pertinent facts at hand and not “suppositional/wishful speculation”...

There's the word I meant....

I would repeat what you said, Rudy, but I'm so much in agreement with it (BTW, I understood the whole post) I thought it might be better to post this Word. And I do believe NKJ means well.

"It’s the same for you. If you speak to people in words they don’t understand, how will they know what you are saying? You might as well be talking into empty space."1 Cor 14:9 NLT

NKJ, how are you doing with this one?

"Pure religion and undefiled before our God and Father is this, to visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world." James 1:27 ASB

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Members

njk, you're probably very nice in person...

the internet has a way of depersonalizing individuals to the point where most anything in which one feels adamantly "right," can cloud the very fact that it is to other fellow human beings that one is addressing..

I apologize if you feel my having a bit of fun with you was hurtful...

I'm quite sure you feel correct in your assertions of others. That is your right. But, you know, "sometimes one can be so 'right'...that he is wrong..." ~ Dr. Clarence Schilt

I am refraining from further posting in this thread..

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

"It’s the same for you. If you speak to people in words they don’t understand, how will they know what you are saying? You might as well be talking into empty space."1 Cor 14:9 NLT

Quote:
Originally Posted By: rudywoofs

And since it appeared NJK thought so, I'm of the position that we won't be missed, Rudy.

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Does that statement actually mean that 'you're also refraining/leaving...' LHC?? (I don't get it, and if it does, don't pin that free decision of yours on me!)

For EmptyCross (& LifeHisCost):

If Biblical issues was not to be “ditstily” treated as a joke in this thread that would serve as the basis for a constructive discussion. But most people here think there is something commendable to “joke away” and/or bury their heads in the sand.... and that, for “SDA’s” is quite incomprehensible, to say the least. It probably is the title of this thread which makes people think they have this license to resolutely scoff.

I would not be at all surprise that SDA think very highly of you, as similarly seen in simply this thread’s discussion. Can’t expect anything else from demonstrably ‘blind guides of the blind’. Indeed so “blind” you cannot even find anything that is Biblical to validate your views/opinions.

This might surprise you; but there are some of us here who "think highly of you too;" and infact, we are praying for you as you explore the truths of God's Word with us online. Be it known my friend: "The joy of the Lord SHALL BE YOUR STRENGTH." (Neh 8:10) see also Psalms 28:7-8, Isa 12:1-3. May you "with joy" "draw water out of the wells of salvation."

post-4001-140967454878_thumb.gif

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

I doubt Stan had any ill intent in the title of the thread.

And I can trust"

njk, you're probably very nice in person...

the internet has a way of depersonalizing individuals to the point where most anything in which one feels adamantly "right," can cloud the very fact that it is to other fellow human beings that one is addressing..

I apologize if you feel my having a bit of fun with you was hurtful...

I'm quite sure you feel correct in your assertions of others. That is your right. But, you know, "sometimes one can be so 'right'...that he is wrong..." ~ Dr. Clarence Schilt

nice

adjective

1 have a nice time: enjoyable, pleasant, agreeable, good, satisfying, gratifying, delightful, marvelous; entertaining, amusing, diverting, lovely, great. ANTONYMS unpleasant.

2 a nice landlord: pleasant, likable, agreeable, personable, congenial, amiable, affable, genial, friendly, charming, delightful, engaging; sympathetic, simpatico, compassionate, good. ANTONYMS nasty.

3 nice manners: polite, courteous, civil, refined, polished, genteel, elegant. ANTONYMS unrefined, rough.

4 that's a rather nice distinction: subtle, fine, delicate, minute, precise, strict, close; careful, meticulous, scrupulous. ANTONYMS approximate, rough.

5 it's a nice day: fine, pleasant, agreeable; dry, sunny, warm, mild. ANTONYMS stormy, nasty.

Hmmm.....well....you sure about that apology? Very nice of you Rudy anyway!!

I actually have a different view of the internet and do see it as the best way to discuss matters of truth. Most people try to treat/use it as normal face-to-face conversation and so believe that quick, reactionary responses should be given in order to maintain an air of validity. But I see the internet best allows for someone to take however much time they need to carefully research an answer before posting it. So it is just a matter of properly using it. It is just a matter of properly taken advantage of such a beneficial opportunity

I am singing this song tonight, with you in mind...

And I can trust"

Jehovah thy God is in the midst of thee, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love; he will joy over thee with singing.

Zephaniah 3:17 ASV

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Members

I doubt Stan had any ill intent in the title of the thread.

I would second that EC, but OA already did, so I'll third that thought.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Administrators

I find NKJ's writing style intriguing!

You are the first person I've seen that uses 2 words separated by / so often.

:)

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Moderators

NJK, you are Slash off of Guns n Roses and I claim my 5 pounds.

Truth is important