ClubAdventist is back!

Obama Quits His Church

D9111UBG0.jpg

Barack Obama said Saturday he has resigned his 20-year membership in the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago "with some sadness" in the aftermath of inflammatory remarks by his longtime pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, and more recent fiery remarks at the church by a visiting priest.

"This is not a decision I come to lightly ... and it is one I make with some sadness," Obama said at a news conference after campaign officials released a letter of resignation he sent to the church on Friday.

"I'm not denouncing the church and I'm not interested in people who want me to denounce the church," he said, adding that the new pastor at Trinity and "the church have been suffering from the attention my campaign has focused on them."

Obama said he and his wife have been discussing the issue since Wright's appearance at the National Press Club in Washington last month, which reignited the furor over remarks Wright had made in various sermons at the church.

"I suspect we'll find another church home for our family," Obama said.

[text taken from link]

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Four months ago, I suggested to my wife that if Obama wins it might improve race relations in America. She retorted, "No, I think it will exacerbate race tension."

Was she correct?

I had hoped that he (Barry) would have shown people how to be grateful. Instead he has demonstrated by association the bounds of ingratitude. What do I mean by that?

We become like those whom we associate. That is an eternal truism. A young person who asks my advise about who to marry, will always hear from me at least this "Pick somone you want to be like. Because you will learn their ways." If Obama is worshipping with people who have it in for whites it will have an effect on him, and possibly has.

When Farrakhan endorsed Barry some Americans had a touch of buyer's remorse - but not too much.

When Michelle said she has never been proud of America until they started voting for her husband, we wondered...but he went on.

When preacher Wright wouldn't shut up, America had big time buyer's remorse, and not a few looked for the return policy on the item in hand.

But the replacement item isn't too actractive either. So Americans waited with bated breath.

Will Barry, can Barry make things better? Yes. If he disassociates himself entirely from the black bitterness wave (hereafter referred to as BBW). When a whole church congregation cheers racial bitterness it makes our countenance fall. Why? Because it is wrong. The greatest of all human emotions is gratitude. Where is the gratitude in such pseudo-religious pep rallies? Nowhere. But God is not the God of bitterness. Those who lead their congregations in racial bitterness have severed all connection with Him. I say this as one who speaks occasionally around the country. Bitterness defiles people, and it should NEVER be preached from the pulpit.

So if Barry distances himself from this frame of reference he MIGHT have the ability to lead America (black & white) towards gratitude. But is it possible to brush aside twenty years of influence? I don't know, but I do know that if he can and will, it will change more lives than bitterness. And if not, then my wife is right.

oG

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Moderators

Using an old homiletical cliche; I'm sure the folks who go to Tritnity, are by and large, are not bitter but better as a result of going to that church.

The "black bitterness wave"is really a way of dismissing something you refuse to/or can't understand.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein