ClubAdventist is back!

Please pray for me.....

bustedknuckle

I'm 41 yrs old and have been an SDA for 14 yrs now. I have been struggling with an addiction and I need to kick it. I know the truth is in the SDA church and I am convinced of Christ's love for me. I am trying to change old habits that I have had for years. I need strength that only prayer and GOD can give. I have cleaned up a lot since finding the truth I just have one major thing left. Thanks in advance. I am leaving today for training with the Navy so I will be out of touch for a couple weeks.

My prayer for you is for you to know that God loves you just as you are. And that you will keep that foremost in your mind. Sure he likes for us to have victories and He will occasionally give them to us. But we must remember that HE is the Gift-Giver. It is HE that makes the decision as to WHO and WHEN. The victories are not tied to salvation and HE is responsible more than we are.

Obviously ... you desire the victory and you have prayed and given Jesus permission to come into your life and change it. The rest is up to God.

Our job is to rest in Him and be assured that we are fine the way God chooses to leave us. At the second coming ... all who are God's will be made into His likeness in a moment in the twinkling of an eye.

Now ain't that Good News !!!

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

Thank you for sharing your struggle with us, Bustedknuckle! May it be according to your prayer!

You have the desire, and that is of foremost importance. If you should happen to fall as you go, don't despair but look to the Lord and start again right from where you are. He will help you.

I hope also that you can acquire some supportive friends so that you can spend some time with folks who won't feed your addiction.

Please let us know how it goes!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.