ClubAdventist is back!

Obama Meets With The Religious Right

Obama in private meeting with Christian leaders

Barack Obama has shared his position with US Christian leaders on a wide range of issues including gay rights, abortion and the Iraq war in a private meeting on Tuesday...

Bishop Jakes, who does not endorse presidential candidates, told the Associated Press that the discussion “went absolutely everywhere” and that the meeting brought together “just about every Christian stripe”.

Some conservative evangelicals have kept their distance from Obama over his support for abortion rights and gay rights.

Jakes acknowledged that some of those present at the meeting clearly had concerns over some of Obama’s political positions, the Associated Press reported...

The group of around 30 leaders discussed protection of the traditional family, same-sex marriage, gay rights, religious freedom, genocide, poverty in the US and “how we might even improve America’s standing in the world”, revealed Cizik.

Franklin Graham’s spokesman Mark DeMoss said, meanwhile, that the evangelist had found Obama to be “impressive” and “warm”, and revealed that he asked Obama whether “he thought Jesus was the way to God, or merely a way”, although he declined to disclose Obama’s answer...

Joshua Dubois, director of faith outreach within the Obama campaign, said that the Democratic nominee and Christian leaders “discussed policy issues and came together in conversation and prayer”. He added that more sessions of a similar nature would follow in the coming months.

[text taken from link]

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

I guess if Obama plans to meet with Ahmadinejad, he might as well try meeting with the Religious Right first.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Who should be first ... the Religious Right or Ahmadinejad? Well ... who is more important? If he doesn't talk to Ahmadinejad first ... there might not be no Religious Right around to be Right. They might be dead right though.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.